Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McCarron says he has been disrespected; compares himself to Brady

sweetsurrender

All this Brady love from you two made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

haha  Good one.

It is paramount to us that Brady is represented accurately on these boards. But you are probably right about his moat. I am sure that I am not the only person it is intended to keep out. ;)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha  Good one.

It is paramount to us that Brady is represented accurately on these boards. But you are probably right about his moat. I am sure that I am not the only person it is intended to keep out. ;)

Nasty! I just don't think to a coincidence Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl without knowing the other teams coverage pre snap besides having far more talent. The cheating is so understated and a disgrace to football but they get a pass like everything else.

Nasty! I just don't think to a coincidence Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl without knowing the other teams coverage pre snap besides having far more talent. The cheating is so understated and a disgrace to football but they get a pass like everything else.

And yet your signature quotes Bill Belichick. lol.

BTW, are you ever going to provide a link to that quote? 

people quote heinous people from history all the time it doesnt mean you support them.

is everything anyone ever says online?

Then why quote them if you don't support them? Your "quote" is a direct endorsement from the heinous Bill in support of Manning. If he was heinous then I would think his opinion of anyone would be worth a pile of dirt. No?

If it is not online then where did you get if from? And a quote of that nature would most definitely be online somewhere as Bill never speaks in such definitive statements about any player. Not to mention Bill has said many times that there is no other Qb he would want quarterbacking his team other than Brady. So your quote if it was said would make Bill disingenuous at best.

Then why quote them if you don't support them? Your "quote" is a direct endorsement from the heinous Bill in support of Manning. If he was heinous then I would think his opinion of anyone would be worth a pile of dirt. No?

If it is not online then where did you get if from? And a quote of that nature would most definitely be online somewhere as Bill never speaks in such definitive statements about any player. Not to mention Bill has said many times that there is no other Qb he would want quarterbacking his team other than Brady. So your quote if it was said would make Bill disingenuous at best.

so if i just repeat what someone says im supporting them? If i quote hitler that means i support him? Like the logic there i really do, and i hate to break it to you but not everything is on the internet i know this will make you pout more but im sorry its true, we ARE NOT in the matrix there is a world out there where things are spoken and written besides cyber space.

so if i just repeat what someone says im supporting them? If i quote hitler that means i support him? Like the logic there i really do, and i hate to break it to you but not everything is on the internet i know this will make you pout more but im sorry its true, we ARE NOT in the matrix there is a world out there where things are spoken and written besides cyber space.

Your quote is an endorsement from Bill so yeah it means you do support his opinion of Manning. Why else quote him in that context?

That is fine if you heard it but I am asking where and when.

Anything a public figure says on TV is on the internet somewhere

people quote heinous people from history all the time it doesnt mean you support them.

is everything anyone ever says online?

No, everything anyone ever says is not online; however, you are making a broad generalization that covers everyone from me to the homeless man on the street to the POTUS. 

But, unless you spoke with Belichick privately; a comment such as that in your sig would be found online.

Peyton did make a similar comment regarding Belichick which can be found easily and the same should be true if Belichick had publicly said what you have quoted.  So, it should be easy for you to provide a link.

Hopefully, you did not post an erroneous quote as I would think that would be a violation of board rules.

No, everything anyone ever says is not online; however, you are making a broad generalization that covers everyone from me to the homeless man on the street to the POTUS.

But, unless you spoke with Belichick privately; a comment such as that in your sig would be found online.

Peyton did make a similar comment regarding Belichick which can be found easily and the same should be true if Belichick had publicly said what you have quoted. So, it should be easy for you to provide a link.

Hopefully, you did not post an erroneous quote as I would think that would be a violation of board rules.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet"

Abraham Lincoln

Your quote is an endorsement from Bill so yeah it means you do support his opinion of Manning. Why else quote him in that context?

That is fine if you heard it but I am asking where and when.

He didn't hear it. Because it doesn't exist. If Belichick made a statement like that it would have been all over the place. 

As for why, isn't it obvious? A small (and seemingly shrinking) percentage of Peyton Manning fans have an unreasonable and inexplicable need for the rest of the football watching world to agree with them that Manning is the GOAT. "One of the best" is not good enough, I guess. Never understood it and never will.

Belichick has made a lot of very positive, and well-earned, comments about Manning and his career. Obviously he respects him highly. Brady has gone on record saying that he thinks Manning is the best (as seen in Shane's sig). Manning has gotten a lot of love from those two. But again, apparently none of that is good enough. Some fans need the imaginary, never-will-be-agreed-upon GOAT trophy to be officially awarded to someone. 

He didn't hear it. Because it doesn't exist. If Belichick made a statement like that it would have been all over the place. 

As for why, isn't it obvious? A small (and seemingly shrinking) percentage of Peyton Manning fans have an unreasonable and inexplicable need for the rest of the football watching world to agree with them that Manning is the GOAT. "One of the best" is not good enough, I guess. Never understood it and never will.

Belichick has made a lot of very positive, and well-earned, comments about Manning and his career. Obviously he respects him highly. Brady has gone on record saying that he thinks Manning is the best (as seen in Shane's sig). Manning has gotten a lot of love from those two. But again, apparently none of that is good enough. Some fans need the imaginary, never-will-be-agreed-upon GOAT trophy to be officially awarded to someone. 

Good points. Hopefully the MODS make him pull it down.

Good points. Hopefully the MODS make him pull it down.

Meh, doesn't bother me in the slightest. Anyone who truly knows and understands Belichick knows that even if he felt that way, he'd never say it that way.  ;)

You'd think he'd go with Shane's quote, which is 100% legit. I know that's what I'd be using if it was the other way around, lol... 

Meh, doesn't bother me in the slightest. Anyone who truly knows and understands Belichick knows that even if he felt that way, he'd never say it that way.  ;)

You'd think he'd go with Shane's quote, which is 100% legit. I know that's what I'd be using if it was the other way around, lol... 

I'm glad it doesn't bother you, but the thought that anyone would post a false quote bothers me as it seems unethical or something. 

you guys seem to get awfully butt hurt over it, why does it make you so insecure? i have no reason or motive to tell you where i get it from, as it has already served its purpose, and for that i thank you.

and no "one of the best" will never be good enough for me when it comes to manning, and if you have trouble figuring it out i question why you're a sports fan. yeah there is no practical reason as to why i want a unanimous vote proclaiming manning the GOAT just as there is no practical reason why we watch  live breathe and eat colts football. When i watch the colts play something happens to me that wouldnt occur for any other team or whatever the adrenaline, the impatience, the longing for every win, every record, everything thats for the taking in the game i want, and as a fan that even goes beyond the win and loss column. Is there a practical reason for this? No, not really i guess. It isnt putting food on the table or providing a social function for me like some. But despite that it is one of the things im more passionate about in life. If you cant understand this then i gotta ask why do you like football? That fire and passion and fight it invokes when MY team plays is like nothing else.

Im sorry its something that your "Above" caring what people think of your team and your players. You can think your above me and better or whatever because "You dont care what people think about Tom" (even though your on a colts forum and take every attempt to make sure tom looks like nothing less than a saint) but from what ive seen of your guys posts your main purpose on the forum is to make any technical correction in someones post about the patriots (hyperboles are your favorite god arent those easy) that isnt correct and further everyone elses opinions. So be that as it may as much as you try to single me out for "caring what people think about manning" i'd just like to remind you where you're at and what you post. Dont worry youre not alone. The majority of posts here are from veteran posters who just like to point out whats technically wrong with everyones posts (fun i know). Theres one guy here who is basically the "technical police" who 90 percent of his posts are one sentence where he could just insert <you are wrong> and they would have the same meaning. 

so please, dont give me any crap about caring what people think, if the shoe fits

So

you guys seem to get awfully butt hurt over it, why does it make you so insecure? i have no reason or motive to tell you where i get it from, as it has already served its purpose, and for that i thank you.

and no "one of the best" will never be good enough for me when it comes to manning, and if you have trouble figuring it out i question why you're a sports fan. yeah there is no practical reason as to why i want a unanimous vote proclaiming manning the GOAT just as there is no practical reason why we watch  live breathe and eat colts football. When i watch the colts play something happens to me that wouldnt occur for any other team or whatever the adrenaline, the impatience, the longing for every win, every record, everything thats for the taking in the game i want, and as a fan that even goes beyond the win and loss column. Is there a practical reason for this? No, not really i guess. It isnt putting food on the table or providing a social function for me like some. But despite that it is one of the things im more passionate about in life. If you cant understand this then i gotta ask why do you like football? That fire and passion and fight it invokes when MY team plays is like nothing else.

Im sorry its something that your "Above" caring what people think of your team and your players. You can think your above me and better or whatever because "You dont care what people think about Tom" (even though your on a colts forum and take every attempt to make sure tom looks like nothing less than a saint) but from what ive seen of your guys posts your main purpose on the forum is to make any technical correction in someones post about the patriots (hyperboles are your favorite god arent those easy) that isnt correct and further everyone elses opinions. So be that as it may as much as you try to single me out for "caring what people think about manning" i'd just like to remind you where you're at and what you post. Dont worry youre not alone. The majority of posts here are from veteran posters who just like to point out whats technically wrong with everyones posts (fun i know). Theres one guy here who is basically the "technical police" who 90 percent of his posts are one sentence where he could just insert <you are wrong> and they would have the same meaning. 

so please, dont give me any crap about caring what people think, if the shoe fits

So

Waffle aside, it's quite a big statement for Bellichick to have made (if he did made it), so people naturally would like to know where when and in what context he said it. You seem very unwilling to provide any proof it was said leading people to doubt it was actually said. 

Put it this way I could put a quote in my signature along the lines of "Naptown Lifer is the worst poster on the Colts forums I've ever seen - Robert Matthis", I'm pretty sure you'd like to see where and when he said it. Shecolt is completely correct in what she says, when you put words in people's mouths that they didn't utter it's completely unethical regardless of what those words are. 

I say prove it or lose it. 

So

Manning is no longer our QB. How about a quote about Luck instead since you are such a die hard Colts fan? Here is a good one that Bill ACTUALLY said about Luck this past season. I suggest using it instead:

"A really complete player. Great long-ball thrower, very accurate. Reads defenses well, does a good job checking plays at the line of scrimmage and making some of those adjustments ... hard guy to bring down, good feet. Can scramble and run. Can scramble and buy time to throw. Has good vision down the field. There's not really any weaknesses to his game."

And here is the link, http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/american-football/new-england-patriots/news/belichick-luck-has-no-weaknesses_129040.html

So

You're a young guy, right? College-age, early 20s?

I was very similar at that point in my life. I've thrown my share of remote controls at TV sets. It's great that you're passionate about the game and the players you like the most. Seriously, I hear you there. You can question my sports fandom if you like, but let's have that conversation in another 20 years or so when you've got a little move livin' under your belt. 

Sports are great... a release, an escape from the hard work most of us do every day. But the fate of the Patriots each season doesn't dictate my overall happiness. I'm blessed with a beautiful family. I'm healthy and blessed to be able to provide for them. And I've spent a lot of time engaged in sports that actually have a real life-or-death element to them... not to over-dramatize anything, but like Hemingway once said: 

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Point is, it's football. It's a huge business and guys get paid millions of dollars and guys get hurt, but at the end of the day, it's not life-or-death. The accomplishments of Brady and the Patriots are not a reflection on me personally, as a fan. I'm just along for the ride... good or bad. 

You accused me of being "insecure," right? Does it occur to you that using a false quote attributed to a legendary coach who is known for NOT dishing out superlatives like that just totally reeks of insecurity itself? 

I don't care because I've gotten used to people hating on the Patriots. I get it. They've been winning for too long to have NFL fans outside of the region like them. That doesn't bother me and I understand it. They had the Spygate scandal. Belichick and Brady have at times been poor losers, as Brady acknowledged recently. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/20/tom-brady-on-richard-sherman-we-win-with-graciousness/) They're no longer the lovable underdog that came out introduced as a team a few months after the 9/11 attacks. 

I do not, in any way, think I am "above" this, or anything really! I don't take myself very seriously, as no one should. If you look at my history on this board and my history going back about 10 years to other Indy boards, I think you'd see that for yourself. You're obviously a smart guy. I do chime in when people express opinions that are based on misinformation, yes. Especially when it comes to the Patriots. I do that because I know the team quite well and have been following them for 40 years or so. I respect others' opinions but will speak up when I see those opinions are not based on truths. If that makes me a bad guy, then OK, I'm a bad guy! 

What I posted yesterday rings true. Most Peyton Manning fans are passionate but understand that the "greatest ever" title is never going to be a universally agreed-upon thing. Even some longtime Indy fans put Manning behind Johnny U in the grand scheme of things... not even the best in franchise history, yet alone in the entire NFL!

I respect Manning's accomplishments and consider him in my personal top-five QBs all-time. It's almost impossible to compare guys from different eras and know how that would all turn out. That's probably the opinion of the majority of the people who watch football. 

I'm glad it doesn't bother you, but the thought that anyone would post a false quote bothers me as it seems unethical or something. 

I hear you... other people will see it, assume it's true, etc-etc. 

All the more reason, if Naptown has a vested interest in the GOAT campaign, to NOT post it, IMO. I'd rather lose an argument on truths than win one on falsehoods! 

You're a young guy, right? College-age, early 20s?

I was very similar at that point in my life. I've thrown my share of remote controls at TV sets. It's great that you're passionate about the game and the players you like the most. Seriously, I hear you there. You can question my sports fandom if you like, but let's have that conversation in another 20 years or so when you've got a little move livin' under your belt. 

Sports are great... a release, an escape from the hard work most of us do every day. But the fate of the Patriots each season doesn't dictate my overall happiness. I'm blessed with a beautiful family. I'm healthy and blessed to be able to provide for them. And I've spent a lot of time engaged in sports that actually have a real life-or-death element to them... not to over-dramatize anything, but like Hemingway once said: 

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Point is, it's football. It's a huge business and guys get paid millions of dollars and guys get hurt, but at the end of the day, it's not life-or-death. The accomplishments of Brady and the Patriots are not a reflection on me personally, as a fan. I'm just along for the ride... good or bad. 

You accused me of being "insecure," right? Does it occur to you that using a false quote attributed to a legendary coach who is known for NOT dishing out superlatives like that just totally reeks of insecurity itself? 

I don't care because I've gotten used to people hating on the Patriots. I get it. They've been winning for too long to have NFL fans outside of the region like them. That doesn't bother me and I understand it. They had the Spygate scandal. Belichick and Brady have at times been poor losers, as Brady acknowledged recently. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/20/tom-brady-on-richard-sherman-we-win-with-graciousness/) They're no longer the lovable underdog that came out introduced as a team a few months after the 9/11 attacks. 

I do not, in any way, think I am "above" this, or anything really! I don't take myself very seriously, as no one should. If you look at my history on this board and my history going back about 10 years to other Indy boards, I think you'd see that for yourself. You're obviously a smart guy. I do chime in when people express opinions that are based on misinformation, yes. Especially when it comes to the Patriots. I do that because I know the team quite well and have been following them for 40 years or so. I respect others' opinions but will speak up when I see those opinions are not based on truths. If that makes me a bad guy, then OK, I'm a bad guy! 

What I posted yesterday rings true. Most Peyton Manning fans are passionate but understand that the "greatest ever" title is never going to be a universally agreed-upon thing. Even some longtime Indy fans put Manning behind Johnny U in the grand scheme of things... not even the best in franchise history, yet alone in the entire NFL!

I respect Manning's accomplishments and consider him in my personal top-five QBs all-time. It's almost impossible to compare guys from different eras and know how that would all turn out. That's probably the opinion of the majority of the people who watch football.

If I could've liked just 75 percent of the post I would've but some parts were too profound and even, what's the word, impactful? A lot of my post wasn't aimed completely at you. When I first came to the forum I thought how could colts fans have conversations with Pats fans that are so obnoxious they have a signature that essentially says "look this reputable source says my qbs better, ha ha hahaha" I thought how disrespectful to go to someone else's house and tell them that their boy, hero, qb, whatever was inferior. I encourage those of you who do that to atten an fa premier soccer league game and do the same thing. Let me know in advance so I can put together a flower arrangement. In my opinion it's obnoxious, rude, and unacceptable. When I was 10 I saw titans fans get knocked out for a whole less at the dome ( the titans were faking injuries to slow the no huddle and words were exchanged) did they deserve it, no. Should they have seen it comin, yeah probably. Like the governor says you poke the bear you're gonna get mauled, does the quote really surprise you?

If it happened irl then it's on the internet? Come on, as much as you people love to point out someone's hyperbole for not being 100 percent truthful this is calling the kettle black.

Did it ever occur to you that I know people with varying levels of press access to the nfl? If bill said something like that, wouldn't he do so in a way that wouldn't end up online? How would that reflect on him? How would poor tom feel? Am says bill said he'd never have anyone else at qb? Gee I wonder why he would say that? The same reason grigson raves about Trent Richardson and doesn't say we're going to cut satele.

But your post made me feel for the first time ever that not ALL pats fans are PURE evil. Some may even have a heartbeat and warm blood in their veins. For this revelation, I do not thank you. It may impending my crusade and cause sleepless nights.

I thought how disrespectful to go to someone else's house and tell them that their boy, hero, qb, whatever was inferior. I encourage those of you who do that to atten an fa premier soccer league game and do the same thing. Let me know in advance so I can put together a flower arrangement. In my opinion it's obnoxious, rude, and unacceptable.

Did it ever occur to you that I know people with varying levels of press access to the nfl? .

Umm have you ever been to a FA Premier league game yourself or better yet any of the big derby games here in the UK because this really isn't an accurate portrayal. Being disingenious about opposition players so part and parcel and the terrace banter he's pretty cuttng at times. Even then there is a understanding on the whole amongst most fans that you don't go getting needlessly aggressive about it all, you do your sparring with your wits and words not your fists now the "firms"...different matter. Still maybe a lesson to learn hey, chill out, engage with rather than lash out at.

Did it occur to you too its easy to make all sorts of claims, it's harder when you have to substantiate them.

Did it ever occur to you that I know people with varying levels of press access to the nfl? If bill said something like that, wouldn't he do so in a way that wouldn't end up online? How would that reflect on him? How would poor tom feel? Am says bill said he'd never have anyone else at qb? Gee I wonder why he would say that? The same reason grigson raves about Trent Richardson and doesn't say we're going to cut satele.

So let me get this straight. You "know" people with press access who supposedly overheard Bill say something of this magnitude in confidentially in the presence of REPORTERS!??  Do you know how foolish that sounds?  You should have quit with this awhile back.

What you fail to understand here is that your signature is not just an offense to Pats fans but to Colts/Manning fans as well. We don't need pretend quotes from Bill of all people about Manning's greatness. It has been established and as I said in my previous post, why not quote Bill about Luck? Manning is old, old news. Embrace the present.

If I could've liked just 75 percent of the post I would've but some parts were too profound and even, what's the word, impactful? A lot of my post wasn't aimed completely at you. When I first came to the forum I thought how could colts fans have conversations with Pats fans that are so obnoxious they have a signature that essentially says "look this reputable source says my qbs better, ha ha hahaha" I thought how disrespectful to go to someone else's house and tell them that their boy, hero, qb, whatever was inferior. I encourage those of you who do that to atten an fa premier soccer league game and do the same thing. Let me know in advance so I can put together a flower arrangement. In my opinion it's obnoxious, rude, and unacceptable. When I was 10 I saw titans fans get knocked out for a whole less at the dome ( the titans were faking injuries to slow the no huddle and words were exchanged) did they deserve it, no. Should they have seen it comin, yeah probably. Like the governor says you poke the bear you're gonna get mauled, does the quote really surprise you?

If it happened irl then it's on the internet? Come on, as much as you people love to point out someone's hyperbole for not being 100 percent truthful this is calling the kettle black.

But your post made me feel for the first time ever that not ALL pats fans are PURE evil. Some may even have a heartbeat and warm blood in their veins. For this revelation, I do not thank you. It may impending my crusade and cause sleepless nights.

To the bolded - so you are saying Bill said this in front of reporters? The same Bill who routinely gives one word answers or snorts in his post-game conferences? The coach who runs Foxboro like it is the CIA would casually say Manning is the greatest QB of all time in front of press? You need to come up with a better story than this man. I have to admit though, I am thoroughly amused.  

I encourage those of you who do that to atten an fa premier soccer league game and do the same thing. Let me know in advance so I can put together a flower arrangement.

I lol'd at the flower arrangement reference, nice...

We're definitely not all pure evil man. Honest. People become sports fans in many different ways. Sometimes you move to an area and root for the local teams. Sometimes you follow a player. Sometimes, like it's been for me, you live your entire life in the same region of the country, and it's ingrained in you before you even really know it. My dad took me to a Pats-Dolphins game when I was about 8 years old, and that was it for me. Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics... all the local teams were followed in our house! 

So I've been through some bad years and good years with those teams. Try not to get too up or too down based on how they do. The 2000s have been good for Boston sports fans. 

Umm have you ever been to a FA Premier league game yourself or better yet any of the big derby games here in the UK because this really isn't an accurate portrayal. Being disingenious about opposition players so part and parcel and the terrace banter he's pretty cuttng at times. Even then there is a understanding on the whole amongst most fans that you don't go getting needlessly aggressive about it all, you do your sparring with your wits and words not your fists now the "firms"...different matter. Still maybe a lesson to learn hey, chill out, engage with rather than lash out at.

Did it occur to you too its easy to make all sorts of claims, it's harder when you have to substantiate them.

no, and i would never sit in the opposing teams area with opposition gear and scream about how they suck or are inferior for fear of getting jumped. some old school buddies of mine tried to go into an area of the opposing team with the wrong colors and security wouldnt allow it "for their safety" when they were in england for some soccer tournament

i do admit my knowledge of fa premier soccer is limited to fifa lol maybe it wasnt a good reference, but i just always remembered how my classmates told me that, they were two really really talented "footballers" who won the state championship in high school and went on to play for IU and start. i dont think they would have a reason to lie but you never know i guess. is this accurate? Im genuinely curious? Ive always admired the passion soccer fans have i wish it was more popular over here, i would watch it more.

I lol'd at the flower arrangement reference, nice...

We're definitely not all pure evil man. Honest. People become sports fans in many different ways. Sometimes you move to an area and root for the local teams. Sometimes you follow a player. Sometimes, like it's been for me, you live your entire life in the same region of the country, and it's ingrained in you before you even really know it. My dad took me to a Pats-Dolphins game when I was about 8 years old, and that was it for me. Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics... all the local teams were followed in our house! 

So I've been through some bad years and good years with those teams. Try not to get too up or too down based on how they do. The 2000s have been good for Boston sports fans. 

damn boston, you have to respect it somewhat though, because thats where "the departed" took place, * lucky micks lol

no, and i would never sit in the opposing teams area with opposition gear and scream about how they suck or are inferior for fear of getting jumped. some old school buddies of mine tried to go into an area of the opposing team with the wrong colors and security wouldnt allow it "for their safety" when they were in england for some soccer tournament

i do admit my knowledge of fa premier soccer is limited to fifa lol maybe it wasnt a good reference, but i just always remembered how my classmates told me that, they were two really really talented "footballers" who won the state championship in high school and went on to play for IU and start. i dont think they would have a reason to lie but you never know i guess. is this accurate? Im genuinely curious? Ive always admired the passion soccer fans have i wish it was more popular over here, i would watch it more.

Well yes there is generally segregation at a football match, I'm surprised somewhat there isn't at the NFL, alcohol and sports fans a good mix don't make normally. That doesn't mean there a problem with violence (not these days anyway) it's just common sense. Besides it tends to make for a better atmosphere. However I have quite often sat in an opposing teams's section in team colours with no repercussions aside from some spirited banter, but then again I didn't go acting an *.

Not really sure what FIFA or your buddies starting for IU have to do with having an in-depth experience of going to a football game in the UK, I mean some of your "sources" are looking pretty shaky! In general it's much better to go to a game than watch on TV and in general fan interaction between rivals will consist of opposing sets of fan singing "banter"/humorous songs back and forth. Some of the songs that get made up about players etc. are pretty funny. 

Some examples:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/02/23/10-top-british-football-chants_n_1296052.html

Aside from that these days the games are well policed inside and outside the ground and although it get's pretty passionate it only rarely spills over into violence. Now of course if you were talking about South American football different story...

Well yes there is generally segregation at a football match, I'm surprised somewhat there isn't at the NFL, alcohol and sports fans a good mix don't make normally. That doesn't mean there a problem with violence (not these days anyway) it's just common sense. Besides it tends to make for a better atmosphere. However I have quite often sat in an opposing teams's section in team colours with no repercussions aside from some spirited banter, but then again I didn't go acting an *.

Not really sure what FIFA or your buddies starting for IU have to do with having an in-depth experience of going to a football game in the UK, I mean some of your "sources" are looking pretty shaky! In general it's much better to go to a game than watch on TV and in general fan interaction between rivals will consist of opposing sets of fan singing "banter"/humorous songs back and forth. Some of the songs that get made up about players etc. are pretty funny. 

Some examples:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/02/23/10-top-british-football-chants_n_1296052.html

Aside from that these days the games are well policed inside and outside the ground and although it get's pretty passionate it only rarely spills over into violence. Now of course if you were talking about South American football different story...

first, why would it be common sense to segregate fans if as YOU say there is no violence. and just because theres no violence doesnt mean there isnt large potential for it. maybe theres no violence because the fans are separated. you got away with it,  good for you. that doesnt make it a universally wise thing to do.

second, fifa and my buddies dont have anything to do with "an in depth football experience" i never said it did, i said maybe it wasnt a good reference, and i put myself out there and admitted im no expert and know very little. despite all this i was still right as youve confirmed so obviously my "source" was reliable. im not writing an essay or doing a work cited, yeah maybe taking a buddies word for it wouldnt be appropriate in that type of situation. but i have no reason to doubt and assume hes lying over friendly banter. if my buddy tells me what happens to him somewhere else i dont need a "source" its not that deep. i also dont feel the need to validate this 100 percent before relaying it because if im wrong then well....im wrong. i can be wrong sometimes, im not jvan1973 whos sole purpose is to just inform people theyre wrong in a condescending tone.

you can attack my "sources" all you want. the reason i never went into any detail about the quote is i kindly engaged you in friendly debate over johnathan martin and realized you werent capable of that, and just retorted to ad hominems and didnt post anything of substance. i dont feel like going through that again with my "source for the quote" because ive had enough of reading peoples material where they think theyre being witty and smart by saying "wow you believe z your dumb" thats just a waste of my time. 

first, why would it be common sense to segregate fans if as YOU say there is no violence. and just because theres no violence doesnt mean there isnt large potential for it. maybe theres no violence because the fans are separated. you got away with it,  good for you. that doesnt make it a universally wise thing to do.

second, fifa and my buddies dont have anything to do with "an in depth football experience" i never said it did, i said maybe it wasnt a good reference, and i put myself out there and admitted im no expert and know very little. despite all this i was still right as youve confirmed so obviously my "source" was reliable. im not writing an essay or doing a work cited, yeah maybe taking a buddies word for it wouldnt be appropriate in that type of situation. but i have no reason to doubt and assume hes lying over friendly banter. if my buddy tells me what happens to him somewhere else i dont need a "source" its not that deep. i also dont feel the need to validate this 100 percent before relaying it because if im wrong then well....im wrong. i can be wrong sometimes, im not jvan1973 whos sole purpose is to just inform people theyre wrong in a condescending tone.

you can attack my "sources" all you want. the reason i never went into any detail about the quote is i kindly engaged you in friendly debate over johnathan martin and realized you werent capable of that, and just retorted to ad hominems and didnt post anything of substance. i dont feel like going through that again with my "source for the quote" because ive had enough of reading peoples material where they think theyre being witty and smart by saying "wow you believe z your dumb" thats just a waste of my time. 

It's commons sense for a number of reasons outside of the crowd control element, you tend to get families and season ticket holders in area whereas more "passionate" in your words fans can engage in behaviour with like minded individuals. It's also a tradition in quite a few grounds that stretches back hundreds of years as to which stands are home and which are away. Considering you've basically said you have no experience of this you seem quick to jump to telling me "I got away with it", trust me I know people who do this all time, quite often because you go with friends. who support the other team. It's like most things in life, act like a * and you'll get treated like one.

The "sources" poke was at your previous postings around certain quotes where myself and others have pointed out your claims are thin at best... sure it's only an internet forum but hey it's you creditability not mine. Your buddy's story consisted of an anecdote saying he got told to sit in a area at a football match, I pointed out this is not out the ordinary. We also have no way of telling the other circumstances to this tale, were they drunk, was there a large group of them, had they been "loud n proud" going into the stadium. Either way, one guy's tale does not mean you can paint a whole sport's following as violent nor tell a poster about arranging flowers. In short you made a big bold statement as you have before and don't like getting called out on it. 

You also seem to love Ad hominems! Please give me an example of where I have used one in our interactions? I wouldn't say you engaged in "friendly" debate in the other thread, again you posted in quite an aggressive manner at me and others and have pretty much got two threads locked. You don't seem to get I don't get riled about people not agreeing with me or enjoy telling them they're wrong. What I do object to is when people either make out their opinions count as fact or present wrong information as fact then aggressively defend it. I enjoy a good debate.If I just wanted to pull you down and go you're wrong I wouldn't (waste?) spend my time on these responses or finding information to add into the mix. 

It's not just me saying this but you seem to get very umm passionate in your interactions, so please take this as it's meant, calm down a little and engage us rather than fight us because constantly butting heads is not very productive. 

It's commons sense for a number of reasons outside of the crowd control element, you tend to get families and season ticket holders in area whereas more "passionate" in your words fans can engage in behaviour with like minded individuals. It's also a tradition in quite a few grounds that stretches back hundreds of years as to which stands are home and which are away. Considering you've basically said you have no experience of this you seem quick to jump to telling me "I got away with it", trust me I know people who do this all time, quite often because you go with friends. who support the other team. It's like most things in life, act like a * and you'll get treated like one.

The "sources" poke was at your previous postings around certain quotes where myself and others have pointed out your claims are thin at best... sure it's only an internet forum but hey it's you creditability not mine. Your buddy's story consisted of an anecdote saying he got told to sit in a area at a football match, I pointed out this is not out the ordinary. We also have no way of telling the other circumstances to this tale, were they drunk, was there a large group of them, had they been "loud n proud" going into the stadium. Either way, one guy's tale does not mean you can paint a whole sport's following as violent nor tell a poster about arranging flowers. In short you made a big bold statement as you have before and don't like getting called out on it. 

You also seem to love Ad hominems! Please give me an example of where I have used one in our interactions? I wouldn't say you engaged in "friendly" debate in the other thread, again you posted in quite an aggressive manner at me and others and have pretty much got two threads locked. You don't seem to get I don't get riled about people not agreeing with me or enjoy telling them they're wrong. What I do object to is when people either make out their opinions count as fact or present wrong information as fact then aggressively defend it. I enjoy a good debate.If I just wanted to pull you down and go you're wrong I wouldn't (waste?) spend my time on these responses or finding information to add into the mix. 

It's not just me saying this but you seem to get very umm passionate in your interactions, so please take this as it's meant, calm down a little and engage us rather than fight us because constantly butting heads is not very productive. 

yeah thanks for putting words in my mouth. i said if people here rubbed opposing fans face in the dirt with the disrespectful things they say on this forum at one of the matches the outcome would probably be bad. Never did i say that any and everyone who sits among the opposing team will encounter violence for no reason like you keep repeating. and from what youve said you have validated my claim "i wasnt beat up, but i wasnt being an butt" as if to imply that if you were being an butt you might have very well gotten beaten up. sorry i didnt do an in depth study and survey that would satisfy your unquenchable thirst for knowledge. 

also the common sense issue, we separate the crowds not for violence control but because its common sense... i guess the nba, nfl, and mlb dont have common sense. also there is no common sense in putting all the people who are more likely to engage in risky behaivors in one area confined area, that seems like a powder keg and counter productive to keeping people safe. if you want to act like there isnt violence at soccer matches and fans are separated because of the potential for it, then i dont know what to say to you, whatever. but do me a favor dont put words in my mouth and type responses to me that have nothing to do with what i said. Youre trying as hard as you can to downplay this just to make me look wrong when all you have done is confirmed everything ive said.

"I thought how disrespectful to go to someone else's house and tell them that their boy, hero, qb, whatever was inferior. I encourage those of you who do that to atten an fa premier soccer league game and do the same thing."

now that doesnt mean "If you go into an fa premier game in opposing jersey/section and sit and enjoy the game without being a dousche you will be beaten to a pulp" as you seem to keep posting responses that would indicate this is what i said. so before arguing with me just to argue actually read what i post. as you have clearly indicated i was right in my assertion when you said this

'trust me I know people who do this all time, quite often because you go with friends. who support the other team. It's like most things in life, act like a * and you'll get treated like one"

hmmm now isnt that funny did i just basically say that same thing?

its also funny that travel agencys feels the need to post a whole article about what not to at soccer matches (the same things i said and my exact reasoning)

European soccer venues are built to keep the home fans and visiting fans completely separate at all times.  This is because of a very long-standing history of trouble between fans at gamesarrow-10x10.png.  Usually, the visiting team is given a section of the stadium behind one of the goals, and this section is normally physically separated from the rest of the venue.  Visiting fans come in buses to a special entrance to keep them from mingling with the home fans.

Avoiding Trouble

This is the most important part.  Even at seemingly benign venues, the explosive mix of alcohol and football fever can bring some beyond the boiling point.  Staying away from trouble is mostly common sense, but the unfamiliarity with an environment could make one uneasy and fear starting a conflagration accidentally.  Here's some tips, which are similar to those you ought to follow to avoid trouble anywhere you are traveling.

Wear neutral clothing or the home team colors.  Don't wear the visiting colors.

Stay as far away from the visiting fans and their part of the stadium.

Stay as far away from the visiting fans and their part of the stadium

Accept the fact that certain European behaviors are OK there, and pay no attention to what some are doing.  For example, public urination is very common in Europe at sporting events.  Ignore it.

Umm have you ever been to a FA Premier league game yourself or better yet any of the big derby games here in the UK because this really isn't an accurate portrayal. 

so was that good enough for you, you want a linnk? that way you can find something wrong with my "source"

so now you can scrap the whole "im from england i know and you dont" since theres outside neutral validation

Quote cut for brevity

hmmm now isnt that funny did i just basically say that same thing?

Sigh, I take it the bottom part of my reply didn't get taken in the manner I intended. 

I'm sorry if you misunderstood that point about sitting with opposing fans, that was more in response to your assertion, despite having no experience of said events that segregation is purely because of violence at football matches. The original point you made as you put yourself:

"I thought how disrespectful to go to someone else's house and tell them that their boy, hero, qb, whatever was inferior. I encourage those of you who do that to atten an fa premier soccer league game and do the same thing."

I was arguing that this happens on a regular basis in the football league. Seriously you should hear some of the terrace chanting that is aimed at players yet we the local florists aren't doing a roaring trade. As for "if it's common sense", I can't speak for any of those professional organisations but are you trying to tell me there is no fan violence at these events? Very different sporting cultures, like I said the idea of "ends" goes way way back before the era of hooliganism. 

So without wishing to put words in your mouth.... so far:

• You've posted a quote that a number of people have asked to see the source on, both Colts and Pats fans, yet you can't produce one better than "my journalistic friends told me". You don't seem to understand that what irks people is not so much the content but that it's unethical to post such a statement without substantiating it. Might I add that some of the Pats fans you've criticised for coming to "our house" have been around longer and treated other posters with a deal of respect IMO on the whole.
  • You've accused me a number of times of using ad hominems but haven't provided me with any examples as yet.
  • You made some pretty damming statements in the J Martin thread, which is your right and opinion entitlement, but again when you're called to substantiate them you become aggressive to the point of personal attack that led to the thread being closed.

Tell me if any of the above bullet points are wrong or incorrect? 

Now this thread has been totally derailed and I don't think it would be fair to get another discussion shut because of our little interaction so I suggest we both show a little maturity and move on from this disagreement and let's get back to talking about a mediocre QB prospect :)