Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeMarcus Ware?

jshipp23

Getting older, and injury issues last few years , he will be coming off surgery as well..He is still good and has another 3 years left and has played well in 3-4 and 4-3..I wouldn't break the bank for him, but our lack of pass rush killed us last year and exposed our linebacker's and safety's ..A pass rush will make us so much better even if we stay the same in the back end..3 yr 20 million would be worth it in my opinion I think he wants to win so he may take less to come here..

He may be cut and available at a discount price..He and Mathis would be a scary combo next few years..

It's the offseason, and this is the kind of stuff we have to talk about. No need to bash thread for those who enjoy that type of thing..

Yes. I am hoping the Pats take a look at him too. Have no idea what he wants to get paid though. He still has some very good skills and is not ancient.

Yes. I am hoping the Pats take a look at him too. Have no idea what he wants to get paid though. He still has some very good skills and is not ancient.

why? Ninkovinch just got an extension and Chandler Jones is decent. Plus, he's pretty mediocre as a DE in a 43 and you barely have any cap space.

I don't see the appeal.

why? Ninkovinch just got an extension and Chandler Jones is decent. Plus, he's pretty mediocre as a DE in a 43 and you barely have any cap space.

I don't see the appeal.

Much depends on the price which is why I said it depends what he wants to get paid. If he is hungry for a ring and would take a fair offer then the Pats I think would take a look at him. Nink is nice and all but not consistently a pass rush threat. Jones took a nice step forward this past season but it would be good to add another legit rusher. He would be in the 34 with the Pats or play situationally I would think on passing downs.

Much depends on the price which is why I said it depends what he wants to get paid. If he is hungry for a ring and would take a fair offer then the Pats I think would take a look at him. Nink is nice and all but not consistently a pass rush threat. Jones took a nice step forward this past season but it would be good to add another legit rusher. He would be in the 34 with the Pats or play situationally I would think on passing downs.

I could see him going to New England. Belichick's been known to make big splashes in free agency the past few seasons, and this would be quite the splash.

COLTS are in a very good cap situation though JVAN...Next 2 years are our best chance to take the crown...Grigson just has to have rhe balls to go for it, and deal with the repercussions when they come..If we win a Super Bowl it's worth it, they are hard to come by...

with what money? They aren't in a good cap situation

The Patriots always seem to have something up their sleeve. If Ware actually comes cheap (not likely but just being hypothetical) then I can see Belichick restructuring as need be to make room for him. In my opinion he stays with Dallas though

The Patriots always seem to have something up their sleeve. If Ware actually comes cheap (not likely but just being hypothetical) then I can see Belichick restructuring as need be to make room for him. In my opinion he stays with Dallas though

The higher cap will help now. The Ware signing would make great sense for the Pats if they can get him at fair value. Depends what other teams throw their hat into their ring to up the price. And also depends if Ware is the type that wants a chance at a ring no matter what. All that losing in Dallas has got to have gotten to him by now. ;)

The higher cap will help now. The Ware signing would make great sense for the Pats if they can get him at fair value. Depends what other teams throw their hat into their ring to up the price. And also depends if Ware is the type that wants a chance at a ring no matter what. All that losing in Dallas has got to have gotten to him by now. ;)

I would hate to see him go to NE...that would be a scary DL. That said his fair value is much to high for what you could pay. IMO he would end up with a team with MUCH more cap space like Oakland or Jacksonville....they will struggle to spend their money as it is and a veteren player like him for a couple years would be a perfect way to spend the money while not screwing things up long term as they rebuild.

That said I seriously doubt he leaves Dallas. Romo will be restructuring and I'm sure he probably will too. They have few difference makers on defense...they won't let him get away....besides Jerry loves to overpay vets.

I think they Ware and Mathis both play the same position.

They're both the pass rushing OLB...    so, I'm not sure he's the right fit....

The last story I saw said the view in Dallas is that the two sides need each other and that D will find a way to extend him and lower his salary cap hit...

I was pretty much thinking about picking him up cheap by his standards...Yes, he plays same position as Mathis, but Mathis isn't a spring chicken any, besides we still play a lot of 4-3 too where they can both be on the field...The fact he'll be cut in June means the big money offers won't be there and if we have 5 or 6 million still laying around we could get him on a short contact and see what happens..

He may be cut and available at a discount price..He and Mathis would be a scary combo next few years..

It's the offseason, and this is the kind of stuff we have to talk about. No need to bash thread for those who enjoy that type of thing..

I'd love to have him and I think he'd flourish in our system. I'd rather the Cowboys re-sign him at a relatively lower price than what he would probably get in the open market and then have us trade Angerer to them for him. Pat is a much better fit there then here.

I don't have a problem bringing him in and using him on passing downs in combo with Mathis...similar to how Seattle rotates their pass rushers. I really think we have to look at reducing Mathis's snaps a bit and that is where Werner and Walden comes in. Having 4 guys to rotate at OLB to me would be ideal. Fresh legs will be big and also combining proven veteren pass rushers with younger guys keeps the pressure up on the offense while teaching the next generation. That all said...I don't know we could afford him and fill the other holes we have. I see him going to where the money is....Oak/Jax....couple years...big money. Bringing in some veterens like him and Red Bryant to plug up that DL would come at a cost...but definately would give us as formidable a front as any team in the league...including Seattle...than let our athletic corners make plays (hopefully).

You make perfect sense amfootball. Although, I may be jealous over how the Patriots sign established players which almost always pays off, I do marvel at how BB & Robert Kraft work their magic. 

I'd take less money to come to a fantastic franchise like NE. Where do I sign?  haha Right there on the dotted ________________. 

• 2 weeks later...

He needs to go to a place like the Jets (not likely since they suck) or the Saints (not likely since they have no cap) where they have a multiple front defense. 

Even Baltimore would be good...Denver does not seem to make sense. 

He needs to go to a place like the Jets (not likely since they suck) or the Saints (not likely since they have no cap) where they have a multiple front defense. 

Even Baltimore would be good...Denver does not seem to make sense. 

Denver had  a very weak pass rush in 2013....especially when Von was on weed-leave...

....If his elbow is repaired..this guy is exactly what Denver needs..to take on guys like Brady, Rivers and Alex S.