Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Wonder Why

CR91

To be fair he hasn't turned any of our DT's into monsters. . .

And Mathis and Freeney have played like part time angels instead of monsters. If any of the Colts coaches are considered eilte why don"t any one of them ever interview for a lateral or higher position with another team. I have never heard of any Colts assistant coach under any serious consideration for another job with another NFL team. I think that is a very telling of our coaching talent.

Hey now, don't go proving the haters wrong like that. You are required to agree with the "ALL OF OUR COACHES SUCK!" crowd, or face the flames.

The point wasn't that we had good coaches in the past, OF COURSE WE KNOW THAT (Except I didn't really care for Mudd nor Meeks), the point is our coaches suck NOW! And I think the record proves that.

And Leslie Frazier to the Vikings!

You beat me too it. Also worth noting that he is a HEAD coach.

Also worth noting that other Dungy disciples from the Bucs days include two current (Lovie Smith, Mike Tomlin) and two former (Herm Edwards, Rod Marinelli) head coaches. It is a head coaches confidence in hiring top assistants and developing them that leads to these "trees", and Dungy has been a leader in that regard wherever he has been. If Caldwell is really the one who is consciously responsible for pushing out the aging vet coaches and giving others a chance, than it will take a few years to see whether this was an act of self protection or an act of leadership.