Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Harvin still a mystery man for Broncos, could be a Seattle Suprise as Broncos nill tape to prepare from

bayone

In a world where planning is routinely Job 1, where preparation is a must and the unknown is simply considered unacceptable, the Denver Broncos know the Seattle Seahawks have the potential to pull the curtain back on Super Bowl XLVIII's biggest surprise.

The Broncos have done their due diligence 

they still can't say, for sure, what the Seahawks will do with Percy Harvin in Sunday's game. That's because the Seahawks haven't been able to figure that out for themselves until now.

"We don't really have a lot of film on him,"

"We do know that he can line up in multiple positions. He can hurt teams from all of those positions so I think we'll start to prepare for him on kickoff and punt return because that's usually the first place he makes his mark, is on kickoff [returns]. So we've got to make sure we get him stopped on kickoff, but as a receiver, he's just an explosive guy. They put him in the slot to try to get him away from press coverage, and I think we definitely have to try to get our hands on him."

The Broncos have essentially been left with the 38 snaps worth of offense to review, with the understanding they cannot let Harvin loose on special teams, either. Harvin often lines up in the slot, when in the lineup, and with the current personnel in the Broncos defense that could put him squarely across from Champ Bailey at times

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/4736/harvin-still-a-mystery-man-for-broncos&ex_cid=MyESPNToday_Team

Players in his situation could also be vulnerable to miscues due to the rust, and for WRs there is a huge gap between ready and football-ready in the sense of accepting attacks from defense. Marvin Harrison had a red zone fumble in 2008 playoff against Chargers which flipped the momentum for the entire game and it was his first game after coming back from injury.

He's a big worry....because Seattle cant hurt you much on the perimeter

..but this guy can..

.....Could be high risk, high reward because he could fumble by trying too hard...since he hanst played..

But he;s more dangerous than anyone else in a Seattle uniform

I would say lynch is their most dangerous offensive weapon..

"We don't really have a lot of film on him," Broncos cornerback Quentin Jammer said." Oh lovely...It's hard to counteract a guy's moves when Percy Harvin has been out of the starting lineup for extended stretches during the regular season.

Put a spy on him I guess. 

wow.....you may be alone in that thought,. Jvan

When he was healthy Percy Harvin was one of the 4 or 5 best open field runners in the NFL..

Not much open field ruining this year. I have a hard time believing he will be a impact during the super bowl. Rust will certainly be a factor in the few plays he is involved in

Not much open field ruining this year. I have a hard time believing he will be a impact during the super bowl. Rust will certainly be a factor in the few plays he is involved in

That';s just not defensve planning....Harvin is receiver-runner-returner.....he just needs one play to go 70 yards

Forget the regular season...That;s the point......if he's healthy///he's a game breaker...

If you're Denver....it would,.......be foolish to not game plan seriously for him..

"I have a hard time believing he will have an impact" is not a defensive strategy...

That';s just not defensve planning....Harvin is receiver-runner-returner.....he just needs one play to go 70 yards

Forget the regular season...That;s the point......if he's healthy///he's a game breaker...

If you're Denver....it would,.......be foolish to not game plan seriously for him..

"I have a hard time believing he will have an impact" is not a defensive strategy...

I think they will Gamelan to stop lynch and make Wilson beat them. Which brings me back to my original statement

Which would be a mistake

..Obviously you don't ignore M. Lynch but he's not their biggest threat and to not spend major time game planning against him  whenever he enters the game

is not logical.

Harvin's multi-purpose numbers speak for himself and he had a concussion..not an injury that would slow him

Which would be a mistake

..Obviously you don't ignore M. Lynch but he's not their biggest threat and to not spend major time game planning against him whenever he enters the game

is not logical.

Harvin's multi-purpose numbers speak for himself and he had a concussion..not an injury that would slow him

Lynch 1600 yards 14 tds

Harvin 2 touches on the season

agree u must aat least expect him to play and have some idea what to do on Returns, as RB, a WR and watch out for speedy end a roundsby  him or tate

Obviously Lynch and containg Wison in the pocket is a big factor

I'm glad you guys don't coach the Broncos

Harvin is a triple threat...one slip and he's gone..Lynch is a conventional runner....you always defense the tailback....there's no magic..yiou nhave to get him to the ground.

Harvin is a guy  they can move him all over the field, hand him the ball and run back kicks with him..run reverses....

Double digits per touch..for years...In practice;....the Hawks say they cant cover him

////Harvin is simply more of a threat  than anyone Seattle has....If Denver doesn't plan specifically for him..obviously they will lose..whatever Lynch does.

Its the biggest worry for Denver going in.....I;m sure they haven't forgotten the defenses he's shreeded in the past