Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts Are In Fact Tanking...

BIGugly

Coaches and players not involved in directly tanking. Polian and Irsay, by not replacing this staff that they have every reason to believe will not succeed, will achieve the desired goal of losing because they are inept and have simply been kept in place.

I would argue that by flipping the boat over by firing everyone and tearing down what is in place, would be a far more effective way of "tanking". Historically, when teams implement regime changes mid-season, things don't improve, they get worse.

I would argue that by flipping the boat over by firing everyone and tearing down what is in place, would be a far more effective way of "tanking". Historically, when teams implement regime changes mid-season, things don't improve, they get worse.

Certainly that is another approach....

You and I know that Caldwell and his staff is the worst coaching staff in the NFL.

You and I know that Irsay and Polian know what they are doing.

I know that they are "tanking" the season by keeping this staff intact until the season is over, thereby quaranteeing the first pick in the draft without any heat on themseleves. And now you know, too.

Talk about unethical......

And what explanation do you have to offer about the retention of this staff until the end of the year?

No point in firing anyone till season's end there's my explanation. I'm not the one saying that I know what they're doing, I'm on guessing like everyone else. You are the one saying you know what they're doing like you work in the organization. Since you seem to know everything show us your sources and maybe you'll sound believable than sound like another quack.

No point in firing anyone till season's end there's my explanation. I'm not the one saying that I know what they're doing, I'm on guessing like everyone else. You are the one saying you know what they're doing like you work in the organization. Since you seem to know everything show us your sources and maybe you'll sound believable than sound like another quack.

So you have no offering, just go along as is because there is no fixing it now.

Edited by BIGugly

Coaches and players not involved in directly tanking. Polian and Irsay, by not replacing this staff that they have every reason to believe will not succeed, will achieve the desired goal of losing because they are inept and have simply been kept in place.

BIGugly...... I'm not sure Vince Lombardi could manufacture a win with this roster.

But I agree 100% with you that Polian's "baffled" comment is complete rubbish..... probably because he realizes that he owns a nice sized chunk of this train wreck.

If the front office is tanking this than why isn't Manning on IR? Here is our best chance to win right? If they want to tank this than why not remove our best chance of picking up a W?

Now at the same time, they are human, and I would have to think like most of us somewhere in their conscious they know they cant make the playoffs so why not then try to be the number one at something?

BIGugly...... I'm not sure Vince Lombardi could manufacture a win with this roster.

But I agree 100% with you that Polian's "baffled" comment is complete rubbish..... probably because he realizes that he owns a nice sized chunk of this train wreck.

Man, there's a blast from the past. Wouldn't ya love to see Lombardi give it a shot? Before the Colts got to town, Green Bay was who my wife and I rooted for.

If the front office is tanking this than why isn't Manning on IR? Here is our best chance to win right? If they want to tank this than why not remove our best chance of picking up a W?

Now at the same time, they are human, and I would have to think like most of us somewhere in their conscious they know they cant make the playoffs so why not then try to be the number one at something?

They can practice him and see how his neck is coming along. Need to make some kind of decision about the draft.

And up until the last two weeks, he may have been needed to get into the playoffs.

So you still have no proof....So you actually don't know anything? That's all you've said so far.

Oh, noooo. I ABSOLUTELY know. The future to me is as clear as a crystal ball. That's why I use declaratory sentences instead of inuendo. So, I have some beachfront property in Arizona for sale. Just wait for California to slip into the Pacific. Can't be too much longer now.

Not IRing Manning has two reasons:

1. Having him back at the end of the season and see how well he recovers, s.t. they can decide where to go next year, either draft Andrew Luck or trade the pick for more picks, or other options.

2. Keeping the loyal fans in the hope of seeing Manning play and sell some tickets.

At this point, it will not matter whether they tank it or not. The season is over and there will be no playoff for Colts.

You and I know that Caldwell and his staff is the worst coaching staff in the NFL.

I know that they are "tanking" the season by keeping this staff intact until the season is over, thereby quaranteeing the first pick in the draft without any heat on themseleves. And now you know, too.

This season is proof that Polian sucks, this is his team.

Not IRing Manning has two reasons:

1. Having him back at the end of the season and see how well he recovers, s.t. they can decide where to go next year, either draft Andrew Luck or trade the pick for more picks, or other options.

2. Keeping the loyal fans in the hope of seeing Manning play and sell some tickets.

At this point, it will not matter whether they tank it or not. The season is over and there will be no playoff for Colts.

That is correct, but two weeks ago it was still a vialble option that had to be covered. Now it is probably just so he can throw in practice and a decisions can be made about the draft.

Oh, noooo. I ABSOLUTELY know. The future to me is as clear as a crystal ball. That's why I use declaratory sentences instead of inuendo. So, I have some beachfront property in Arizona for sale. Just wait for California to slip into the Pacific. Can't be too much longer now.

^^ Pure entertainment

Bigugly only proving to be a quack who's got no proof when they say they know something. If you don't really know then don't say you do. Only makes you look like an *.

Man, there's a blast from the past. Wouldn't ya love to see Lombardi give it a shot? Before the Colts got to town, Green Bay was who my wife and I rooted for.

I know one thing.... back then, any player on his team who laughed and backslapped with an opponent who just beat them 62-7 would've been cleaning out their locker the next day.

Old-school for sure.... but that's the way it was.

^^ Pure entertainment

Bigugly only proving to be a quack who's got no proof when they say they know something. If you don't really know then don't say you do. Only makes you look like an *.

What on earth makes anyone think ole BIG doesn't know what he's talking about. Just because some people can't step out of the box, doesn't mean others can't lead....

Already told you twice, that's once too often...

so says BIGugly, so it is....

Edited by BIGugly

I know one thing.... back then, any player on his team who laughed and backslapped with an opponent who just beat them 62-7 would've been cleaning out their locker the next day.

Old-school for sure.... but that's the way it was.

Ole Vince woulda had 'em cleaning out lockers just because they got beat 62-7. "What the heck's goin' on out there?"...

Balderdash! Up until the Saints game, they had been competetive in every game with the exception of the opening game against Houston. Many of those games were winnable games if not for some poorly timed turnovers or defensive breakdowns. Now, I'm not trying to claim any "almost wins" here. A loss is a loss, and the Colts have lost every game they have played so far. To suggest that winning a game with this roster is impossible, though, when they have been close several times this season is ridiculous. Coaching is part of the problem, and with better coaching they might have a couple wins at this point.

Balderdash! Up until the Saints game, they had been competetive in every game with the exception of the opening game against Houston. Many of those games were winnable games if not for some poorly timed turnovers or defensive breakdowns. Now, I'm not trying to claim any "almost wins" here. A loss is a loss, and the Colts have lost every game they have played so far. To suggest that winning a game with this roster is impossible, though, when they have been close several times this season is ridiculous. Coaching is part of the problem, and with better coaching they might have a couple wins at this point.

No question at all.

Balderdash! Up until the Saints game, they had been competetive in every game with the exception of the opening game against Houston. Many of those games were winnable games if not for some poorly timed turnovers or defensive breakdowns. Now, I'm not trying to claim any "almost wins" here. A loss is a loss, and the Colts have lost every game they have played so far. To suggest that winning a game with this roster is impossible?????????, though, when they have been close several times this season is ridiculous. Coaching is part of the problem, and with better coaching they might have a couple wins at this point.

That's why I said "I'M NOT SURE".... that's plain English for maybe.

lol this is funny,

and maybe be true

If anyone thinks that we are tanking, please direct your eyes to the score # amount our defense has giving up so far this year. For those without eyes or fingers to research it on the web: Yes, we are in fact last in defense.

They'll just say that proves it. There's no reasoning with the unreasonable.

If anyone thinks that we are tanking, please direct your eyes to the score # amount our defense has giving up so far this year. For those without eyes or fingers to research it on the web: Yes, we are in fact last in defense.

NE is ranked last, IND at 31st

http://www.nfl.com/s...=1&d-447263-n=1

We have, however, given up more points than any other team by about 47.

Edited by ruksak