Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson

Thewholefnshow28

watch from 3:00 to 3:04 we need to see that trent!

The hilarity in that video is that in all those games Trent managed roughly 4 seconds of highlights, he made 3 defenders miss once.

He averaged 32.7 yards per game ......

Now here's a challenge, go to YouTube and search for "Trent Richardson Colts Highlights" , bring back anything interesting you find.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you go from saying its luck and paganos fault in one post, to saying how horrible trent is in the next?

You misunderstand, if it isnt Trent's Fault then it has to fall on Luck and Pagano.

Personally I think Trent is his own problem, not the line, or lack of off season, I think he just can't play at the NFL level.

After 9 pages, that I didn't read, I'll toss in my two cents..

Richardson looks slow. He's very elusive, hard to bring down, catches and blocks well, he just looks like a really slow runner.

What was his combine 40? Does he stay in shape during the offseason to try to maintain his speed?

After 9 pages, that I didn't read, I'll toss in my two cents..

Richardson looks slow. He's very elusive, hard to bring down, catches and blocks well, he just looks like a really slow runner.

What was his combine 40? Does he stay in shape during the offseason to try to maintain his speed?

I think he had his knee scoped and did not run at the combine.  He did, however excel at his Pro Day

A possible top-five draft pick, the physical 227-pound Richardson ran the 40-yard dash in the 4.45-4.49 range, according to NFL.com. He bench-pressed 225 pounds 25 times.

Here is the entire 'old' article if you have time too.   :)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7752858/2012-nfl-draft-trent-richardson-impresses-alabama-pro-day

I am going to wait to comment on T-Rich.  There is way too much negativity in my opinion.  I look for better results in 2014 without question. :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!

I dont get where he is elusive or hard to bring down. He has a 2.9 ypc, thats not numbers of an elusive player or a player who breaks tackles.

Wouldn't an elusive back break some big runs ? He never did.

Are there invisible defenders that he is shrugging off when he is dancing ? Do I need special glasses to see them ?

I think he had his knee scoped and did not run at the combine.  He did, however excel at his Pro Day

A possible top-five draft pick, the physical 227-pound Richardson ran the 40-yard dash in the 4.45-4.49 range, according to NFL.com. He bench-pressed 225 pounds 25 times.

Here is the entire 'old' article if you have time too.   :)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7752858/2012-nfl-draft-trent-richardson-impresses-alabama-pro-day

I am going to wait to comment on T-Rich.  There is way too much negativity in my opinion.  I look for better results in 2014 without question. :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!

Good read Thanks  . 

I look forward as do most to a break out year for T, Richardson in 2014 & reserve judgement until the end of that season .

Negativity :spit:     is at fever pitch & laughable . :applause:

Good read Thanks  . 

I look forward as do most to a break out year for T, Richardson in 2014 & reserve judgement until the end of that season .

Negativity :spit:     is at fever pitch & laughable . :applause:

LIKE....out of them...I will be back to make it official.  :)

Negativity breeds UH UH....Negativity.  How can I be negative after the 2011 debacle....my head still is infected with a certain 62-7 defeat...22-10....is pretty positive.  Look at other teams that have waited 20 years for a good team...WE are WIN snobs!  HA HA!

Richardson had 188 carries. 101 of them went for two or fewer yards. That’s 53.7 percent. 41 of Richardson’s rushes were stopped for a loss or no gain (21.8 percent). Richardson was 23rd in carries, 36th in yards. He scored three rushing touchdowns. Redskins FB Darrel Young scored three rushing touchdowns in one game.

In the postseason, the Colts “trusted” Richardson with four carries in two games. He responded with as many yards — one — as lost fumbles. They’re staggering numbers in a league where the average rush gained 4.16 yards in 2013. They’re even more staggering when you consider Richardson’s draft pedigree, and what the Colts surrendered to acquire him.  

Ouch

Richardson had 188 carries. 101 of them went for two or fewer yards. That’s 53.7 percent. 41 of Richardson’s rushes were stopped for a loss or no gain (21.8 percent). Richardson was 23rd in carries, 36th in yards. He scored three rushing touchdowns. Redskins FB Darrel Young scored three rushing touchdowns in one game.

In the postseason, the Colts “trusted” Richardson with four carries in two games. He responded with as many yards — one — as lost fumbles. They’re staggering numbers in a league where the average rush gained 4.16 yards in 2013. They’re even more staggering when you consider Richardson’s draft pedigree, and what the Colts surrendered to acquire him.

Ouch

thank goodness we didn't trade up from 4 to draft him at three and then trade him for a 26 while also paying his entire bonus. That would suck

thank goodness we didn't trade up from 4 to draft him at three and then trade him for a 26 while also paying his entire bonus. That would suck

Oh you mean thank goodness you didn't have a year of NFL game film and trade away your first round pick, in the deepest, most talented draft in recent history for a back who will be out of the league in 2 seasons?

Gotcha

Two can play that game. 

Oh you mean thank goodness you didn't have a year of NFL game film and trade away your first round pick, in the deepest, most talented draft in recent history for a back who will be out of the league in 2 seasons?

Gotcha

Two can play that game.

Pretty sure the browns used a Very high 1st, 4th, 5th and 7th for Richardson. Not to mention paying his entire rookie bonus.

You can play the game if you want, but anyway you look at it the browns lose.

Richardson had 188 carries. 101 of them went for two or fewer yards. That’s 53.7 percent. 41 of Richardson’s rushes were stopped for a loss or no gain (21.8 percent). Richardson was 23rd in carries, 36th in yards. He scored three rushing touchdowns. Redskins FB Darrel Young scored three rushing touchdowns in one game.

Ouch

Since Beast Mode is already taken, what would be a good name for such and impressive player ?

Bench Mode ??

Bust Mode ???

Trent could see the hole if there was a hole to see. Satele and McGlynn together is pure garbage. When he gets hit 3 yards behind the LOS but still get back for no gain then he is doin fine in my book. Only so much you can do when your C and guard are from a HS team.

Trent could see the hole if there was a hole to see. Satele and McGlynn together is pure garbage. When he gets hit 3 yards behind the LOS but still get back for no gain then he is doin fine in my book. Only so much you can do when your C and guard are from a HS team.

Even a blind dog will sometimes find a bone, Trent never did.

His stats in Cleveland his rookie season were poor. He had 12 touchdowns and nothing else notable. This is the same Cleveland that had Mack at center who everyone is so high on signing here.

Even when a hole is created he will run past it, then run into a lineman and try to push him forward.

I think a good runningback is like a good QB. A good QB can make a poor receiver seem better, and a good runningback can make a poor line seem better.

If we had been able to stay healthy and run Bradshaw and Brown as a tandem all year then our line would have graded out a lot higher on run blocking.

Instead we ran Brown and Richardson. Brown got yards, Richardson didnt. If we had solely run Richardson our line very likely would have been rated as the lowest of all time.

He runs like he has a pocket full of stones. He is slow to take off, will sometimes come to a complete stop, dances around, and is indecisive about where he wants to go.

He never gets the ball and just hits the hole at top speed. He always hesitates.

When Brown gets the ball he picks up speed as he approaches the line and tries to muscle through, Richardson slows down and hesitates.

He is not fast enough to run outside and has zero ability to find a hole or make one for himself.

Even a blind dog will sometimes find a bone, Trent never did.

His stats in Cleveland his rookie season were poor. He had 12 touchdowns and nothing else notable. This is the same Cleveland that had Mack at center who everyone is so high on signing here.

Even when a hole is created he will run past it, then run into a lineman and try to push him forward.

I think a good runningback is like a good QB. A good QB can make a poor receiver seem better, and a good runningback can make a poor line seem better.

If we had been able to stay healthy and run Bradshaw and Brown as a tandem all year then our line would have graded out a lot higher on run blocking.

Instead we ran Brown and Richardson. Brown got yards, Richardson didnt. If we had solely run Richardson our line very likely would have been rated as the lowest of all time.

He runs like he has a pocket full of stones. He is slow to take off, will sometimes come to a complete stop, dances around, and is indecisive about where he wants to go.

He never gets the ball and just hits the hole at top speed. He always hesitates.

When Brown gets the ball he picks up speed as he approaches the line and tries to muscle through, Richardson slows down and hesitates.

He is not fast enough to run outside and has zero ability to find a hole or make one for himself.

You along with the browns fans all just hate him we all can tell

And yet somehow, someway ( like they often do) the Browns will ( as we say in the UK) screw the pooch and even if Richardson ends up a bust, I still see the colts getting the better end of the deal.

This makes absolutely no sense .... even if the Browns use our pick on a bust and RIchardson ends up being a bust ... how does that equal the Colts getting the better end of the deal? If Richardson ends up a bust we are out a RB and a 1st round pick/player in 2014 draft; If the Browns draft a bust they also are out a RB and the 1st round pick/player in the 2014 draft ... If anything its a wash.

This makes absolutely no sense .... even if the Browns use our pick on a bust and RIchardson ends up being a bust ... how does that equal the Colts getting the better end of the deal? If Richardson ends up a bust we are out a RB and a 1st round pick/player in 2014 draft; If the Browns draft a bust they also are out a RB and the 1st round pick/player in the 2014 draft ... If anything its a wash.

they also used a 4th, 5th and 7th on Richardson, along with 13 million dollars

they also used a 4th, 5th and 7th on Richardson, along with 13 million dollars

Yeah... What he said :P

That was a sunk cost that the Browns incurred regardless of the trade with us.  While it is definitely a bad move by the Browns and is indicative of that organization. It has no bearing on whether the Colts got the "best end of the deal", because if he is a bust we gained nothing from the draft picks originally paid.

I just read that Trent Richardson's 2.9 ypc was the lowest in the history of the Colts for a runningback with 150 carries and was the 14th lowest in the history of the NFL.

We get it, he played bad.....2 years left...maybe you should concentrate your efforts in hoping he improves because he isn't going anywhere at his age, I could see if he was older and was god awful but he is still very young

We get it, he played bad.....2 years left...maybe you should concentrate your efforts in hoping he improves because he isn't going anywhere at his age, I could see if he was older and was god awful but he is still very young

Thats beyond bad. Thats epic.