Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

of the four teams left

love the shoe

Just thinking this morning  we have wins over the 49ers ,Seahawks and the Broncos this year. The only team being the Patriots left that has a w over us. Not too shabby. This team will be ok going forward ,I can feel it ,will just take some time. I will never forget the awful season 3 years ago so remember that colt fans. There are a lot of teams like that every year , we are not one .

man he was bad

Just for comparison through Painters first 8 starts and Lucks and Mannings

Painter- 6 TD's 9 Ints 54.7 completion percentage

Luck-55.5 completion percentage 8 TD's, 8 Ints

Manning-55.1 completion percentage 11 td's 16 Int's

All pretty bad statistically through 8 starts

Its really called...Being a rookie.....Learning the mental aspect of football is a process, Some pick it up quicker then others, some not at all, some get drafted into bad situations

Luck-55.5 completion percentage 8 TD's, 8 Ints

Its really called...Being a rookie.....Learning the mental aspect of football is a process, Some pick it up quicker then others, some not at all, some get drafted into bad situations

painter wasn't a rookie.

Luck-55.5 completion percentage 8 TD's, 8 Ints

Was he a rookie?

Also he didn't win any games. So I would say there is a distinction on when you are bad. Luck was good when it counted late in games. Painter? Ehhh not so much lol.

I wonder how he would characterize his tenure here with the Colts.  He has been absolutely thrown to the wolves from his first play on the field(a sack against the NY Jets that would blow our 14-0 season) all the way through the 2-14 debacle of 2011.  But then again, he's collected an NFL paycheck for several years without having NFL talent.

He is a hero. He got us Luck!

Hey, Painter was a good luck charm for the Giants too once they signed him. He helped them go 0-6 just by being on the bench :) and now they will get another pass rusher in the draft in the middle of the draft. You want a high draft pick, you sign Curtis Painter.

Who could forget Hippie Longstocking? 

Curtis-Painter-hair.jpg

I was a much more casual fan at the time.  I'm pretty sure I mixed him and McAfee up a few times.   :oops:

I found an old article from the 2011 preseason.  It says he had a QBR of 9.8 at that time.  Throwing Painter in there was never going to work.  There was no way he was ever going to measure up to Peyton.  

I sort of feel bad for the guy.  Sort of.  That goes away after I remember how much he gets paid to fail.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2011/aug/01/backup-qb-curtis-painter-leads-colts-training-camp/