Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay & Grigson

Dark Superman

Call me crazy but I wouldn't put it past these two to make a push for another wild trade either right before the season starts or before the trade deadline.

These two as a pair are very aggressive and are in a win now mode. I think if Trent comes out strong early next season and if things look like he may actually pan out for the future I would not put it past these two to attempt to make another trade happen.

I for one actually love when Irsay blows up his twitter about trade rumors.

Maybe the new Browns coach will give us Joe Haden & Kruger

And then get a press conference saying "Joe Haden & Kruger didn't fit what we were trying to do here"

lmao

Oh boy it's gonna be lovely when Trent Richardson gets going next season. Has a full off-season with Andrew Luck, now has playoffs experience..... ah it'll be lovely

While I still think Grigson is a good GM.... If I was Irsay I might be a little gun shy if Grigson came up to me with some trade ideas. I think Grigs should be concentrating on his draft board, because he needs to knock it out of the park this year. 

Trades of the top of my head: 

Sheppard for Hughes 

Richardson for a 1st round pick  

Havili for Geathers 

While I still think Grigson is a good GM.... If I was Irsay I might be a little gun shy if Grigson came up to me with some trade ideas. I think Grigs should be concentrating on his draft board, because he needs to knock it out of the park this year. 

Sheppard for Hughes 

Havili for Geathers 

What was so bad about the Havili trade.  I thought he played really well this season.  Granted he was hurt a couple of games but still think he was a good acquisition

Sheppard for Hughes 

Havili for Geathers 

Geathers didn't do anything with the Eagles. Would have been hard pressed to make our roster (we had a couple guys better than him that we wound up releasing). I'm fine with that move.

The Hughes trade and the Richardson trade, those are the ones that I think hurt the most. 

Geathers didn't do anything with the Eagles. Would have been hard pressed to make our roster (we had a couple guys better than him that we wound up releasing). I'm fine with that move.

The Hughes trade and the Richardson trade, those are the ones that I think hurt the most. 

Trent trade as of this moment hurts the worst. Signing Walden and drafting Werner to me meant Hughes had no spot...Trent....HUGE dissappointment and I just hope and pray he gets some coaching in the offseason...and finds a burst of speed because he looked slow to hit the hole...ran with his shoulders squared and with no vision. I know the pick was a late first rounder but Trent is built for playoff football and gave us NOTHING. That could be a trade that really hurts us going forward as we try to rebuild this OL....because if he is our future at RB...and we have to let Donald go and work with Trent and Ballard (who we don't know how he will bounce back) thats going to be rough.

Trent trade as of this moment hurts the worst. Signing Walden and drafting Werner to me meant Hughes had no spot...Trent....HUGE dissappointment and I just hope and pray he gets some coaching in the offseason...and finds a burst of speed because he looked slow to hit the hole...ran with his shoulders squared and with no vision. I know the pick was a late first rounder but Trent is built for playoff football and gave us NOTHING. That could be a trade that really hurts us going forward as we try to rebuild this OL....because if he is our future at RB...and we have to let Donald go and work with Trent and Ballard (who we don't know how he will bounce back) thats going to be rough.

I think Hughes still had a spot, the same spot he had last season. Especially with Werner getting hurt. Hughes could have backed Mathis up at Rush backer. And, as the saying goes, you can never have too many pass rushers. Look at the Seahawks and their NASCAR package. There are a handful of passing situations every game where it wouldn't hurt to have Mathis, Hughes and Werner on the field at the same time. To me, that's the move that actually had an impact on the field this season.

The Richardson trade sucks moving forward, but losing a 2014 first rounder has nothing to do with the ups and downs of the 2013 season. Overall, that's obviously the bigger mistake, but getting rid of Hughes had the immediate impact.

What was so bad about the Havili trade.  I thought he played really well this season.  Granted he was hurt a couple of games but still think he was a good acquisition

I don't think it was a bad trade, I just remembered it so I typed it. That said, I don't like having a FB on the roster. 

The Hughes and Richardson (so far) trades were pretty bad. 

I think Hughes still had a spot, the same spot he had last season. Especially with Werner getting hurt. Hughes could have backed Mathis up at Rush backer. And, as the saying goes, you can never have too many pass rushers. Look at the Seahawks and their NASCAR package. There are a handful of passing situations every game where it wouldn't hurt to have Mathis, Hughes and Werner on the field at the same time. To me, that's the move that actually had an impact on the field this season.

The Richardson trade sucks moving forward, but losing a 2014 first rounder has nothing to do with the ups and downs of the 2013 season. Overall, that's obviously the bigger mistake, but getting rid of Hughes had the immediate impact.

Oh I know we could have used some more pass rush...but I just don't know if we would have got that from Hughes....I think different coaching and new scenery was the only thing that was going to help him turn around. Sometimes when your in the dog house..you either need extended playing time (like Brown got) or a fresh start to get going...not sure he would have done it here...but yeah...2013 impact could have been very good for us. The Trent trade does suck moving forward...and forward is all we got because we are done now....the only thing is it didn't make us any better this year either...he didn't give us even the smallest spark (unless it inspired DB..who knows).

Oh I know we could have used some more pass rush...but I just don't know if we would have got that from Hughes....I think different coaching and new scenery was the only thing that was going to help him turn around. Sometimes when your in the dog house..you either need extended playing time (like Brown got) or a fresh start to get going...not sure he would have done it here...but yeah...2013 impact could have been very good for us. The Trent trade does suck moving forward...and forward is all we got because we are done now....the only thing is it didn't make us any better this year either...he didn't give us even the smallest spark (unless it inspired DB..who knows).

On Hughes, I disagree with the idea that he only had success because he left. But if he had given us what he did last year, we'd have been better off. Sheppard was pretty bad up until the last month, while Conner was stuck on the bench.

Good point on Richardson. Just saying, we still have yet to pay the price for that mistake. We already paid for the Hughes trade, IMO.

Irsay just needs to quit putting pressure on Grigson to make trades to WIN NOW. Irsay needs to step back, stop tweeting "a big wind is blowing, a big trade is coming" and let Grigson do his thing. Yeah, he is an owner and has every right but when he stepped back during the Polian years, good draft picks happened even though less trades were made.

Grigson will find them in the draft, and should not be pressured into playing free agency more than he wants to, IMO because Irsay wants to WIN NOW. Fans will be patient if Irsay is patient, IMO.

On Hughes, I disagree with the idea that he only had success because he left. But if he had given us what he did last year, we'd have been better off. Sheppard was pretty bad up until the last month, while Conner was stuck on the bench.

Good point on Richardson. Just saying, we still have yet to pay the price for that mistake. We already paid for the Hughes trade, IMO.

Technically we paid a price...not on his contract I believe so much but by what we passed up or could have brought in. We would have likely brought someone else in...or we could have used that first rounder for another position of need. The price we paid already was the opportunity we left on the board. To me we could have brought in Willis Mcgahee and got the same thing...if not better pass blocking....and while that would have given us no production at all...neither did Trent. The price we paid was what else we could have got for that first rounder that could have helped right away. OL or WR or something else. As it stands now...we can almost say RB is still a position of need for us as crazy as it sounds...and that sucks!

Hughes would have been helpful I agree...I gotta think he wasn't a good fit/locker room guy here or wasn't happy in Indy for us to move someone like him for a terribly below avg aging LB.

Sheppard for Hughes 

Havili for Geathers 

Also the Vontae trade.