Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton won this game

Shane Bond

Denver could have easily lost this game.

1. Eric Decker falling on his own ( easy TD missed )

2. Eric drops the ball ( deflect to INT - 7 points lost )

3. Prater missed a 47 yard field goal.

4. Onside kick lost.

5. Julius Thomas fumble

6. Welker key 3rd down drop ( ended up with FG )

And on and on

One constant, Peyton Manning. Give him credit. Denver better tighten up next game. It will be a shootout.

4. Onside kick lost.

5. Julius Thomas fumble

And on and on

One constant, Peyton Manning. Give him credit. Denver better tighten up next game. It will be a shootout.

Yes he did. Absolutely clutch!

4. Onside kick lost.

5. Julius Thomas fumble

And on and on

Shane..

I know weed's legal; in Colorado but what was Decker smoking?

He fell down when he was in the clear for a sure TD

..and then he dived through the air for the onside kick and fumbled it...

Peyton held together a raggedy bunch today..SD was charging at the end

Shane..

I know weed's legal; in Colorado but what was Decker smoking?

He fell down when he was in the clear for a sure TD

..and then he dived through the air for the onside kick and fumbled it...

Peyton held together a raggedy bunch today..SD was charging at the end

I have been saying all year, Denver WRs arent superstars and they showed up today. Except DT everyone screwed up at many levels today.

Peyton was clutch. This is the difference between Pats and Denver. Pats did no mistake last night ( except that safety ). Denver kept finding ways to lose.

But that game ending drive with 2 huge 3rd downs. Clutch.

I have been saying all year, Denver WRs arent superstars and they showed up today. Except DT everyone screwed up at many levels today.

Peyton was clutch. This is the difference between Pats and Denver. Pats did no mistake last night ( except that safety ). Denver kept finding ways to lose.

But that game ending drive with 2 huge 3rd downs. Clutch.

I'm probably putting thouhgts in is head that aren't there

..but when SD pulled within 7...He seemed to say: I;m not going to run the ball 3 rimes and punt and let some blunder blow this game for us again.

He flat out ran out the clock with runs and passes and the 3rd=and=-17 up-7 was bold in the cold

..but when SD pulled within 7...He seemed to say: I;m not going to run the ball 3 rimes and punt and let some blunder blow this game for us again.

He flat out ran out the clock with runs and passes and the 3rd=and=-17 up-7 was bold in the cold

Yep, Pats defense will be a lot easier but Tom Brady will put points :). Going to be a fun game.

Yep, Pats defense will be a lot easier but Tom Brady will put points :). Going to be a fun game.

doubt brady up numbers they have put numbers , in colts game refs help them getting td,s  all but one was pass. not run on Denver like on colts . brady is shut down then pats lose.

This happens ALL the time to Peyton in playoff games, then Patriot fans just end up blaming Peyton. Remember the Saints superbowl?... It's not Peyton's fault Jim Caldwell and his cronies weren't ready for the onside kick to open up halftime. It's not Peyton's fault Reggie ran a bad route on the INT (which Reggie admitted to).

Peyton also tends to throw a lot of INT's that aren't his fault. They usually bounce off a player and into the air.

Peyton just has really bad luck in the playoffs.

Peyton just has really bad luck in the playoffs.

To an extent, it may be true. But I also feel that Peyton does not feel he can trust his teammates enough to deliver that he feels that he needs to press a little bit. It showed vs the Saints, justifiably so, after giving up 80+ % completion to Brees as a D and giving up an onside kick.

End of half, Eric Decker is blanketed in the end zone, if it were Brady at the end of the second half, he does not take the chance, and takes the chip shot FG and does not turn it over. Peyton sometimes presses when he does not need to. If his D does not deliver like the Ravens game last year getting no turnovers in 2 OTs, he throws across the body to make something happen. But when his D is playing well and gives him a lead, he should stop pressing. With Brady, he is happy to take a sack, throw an incompletion more often because he knows Belichick and the other side of the ball will SOMEHOW deliver with a stop to keep the game close. Maybe deep down, Peyton does not have confidence in his team support at times, not as consistently as Brady does.

Against Brady, he will have no choice but to go toe-to-toe. Maybe that allows him to play loose, who knows???

To an extent, it may be true. But I also feel that Peyton does not feel he can trust his teammates enough to deliver that he feels that he needs to press a little bit. It showed vs the Saints, justifiably so, after giving up 80+ % completion to Brees as a D and giving up an onside kick.

Heard on the radio today that in 9 of Manning's 11 playoff losses, his teams did not score 20 points. I don't know if that's accurate or not, but found it kind of amazing. 

Anyway...

Manning won that game for Denver on the 3rd-and-17 at the end. Great call, great throw, dropped it right in there to his TE. They put the game away by converting all those 3rd downs. Nice job by Peyton in this one.

4. Onside kick lost.

5. Julius Thomas fumble

And on and on

Yes he did. Absolutely clutch!

they clocked 8 drops, imagine his completion % then

also what was the difference now Vs Ravens they let him throw for first doiwn even when were 2 long ones in a row ,

they made sure what was called on TV the perfect execution of the 4 minute drill and ended with never guiving up the ball

analysts said all u hear about is 2 minute drill to score at end of half or end of game to win , BUT u never hear about the 4 minute drill to secure win & Peyton gave a clinic in it, unlike last year when wasnt allowed to even try

Heard on the radio today that in 9 of Manning's 11 playoff losses, his teams did not score 20 points. I don't know if that's accurate or not, but found it kind of amazing. 

Anyway...

Manning won that game for Denver on the 3rd-and-17 at the end. Great call, great throw, dropped it right in there to his TE. They put the game away by converting all those 3rd downs. Nice job by Peyton in this one.

and followed that up with another 3rd and long , went back to JT for another 12 yards

have a good day , back later if can 

1. Eric Decker falling on his own ( easy TD missed ) I thought his own guy ran into his legs? I need to rewatch. 

2. Eric drops the ball ( deflect to INT - 7 points lost ) This is equally on Peyton. Dont force the ball into 3 guys. I give this a 50/50. 

3. Prater missed a 47 yard field goal. SD did too. 

4. Onside kick lost.  Great kick by that kicker. I think the stat before hand said they got 4 of 5 onsides with him. Crazy. 

5. Julius Thomas fumble I think that was a non catch tbh. Surprised the refs called it what they did. 

6. Welker key 3rd down drop ( ended up with FG ) I cant recall this one 

And on and on

*see bolded*

All in all I thought it was a fairly solid performance by Peyton. That being said, I think had they lost, a significant amount of blame would be put on Manning, and some of it rightfully so. The Denver D only allowing 79 yards (thats crazy!), and the best offense of all time only manages to put up 17pts.... I think had you asked anyone before the game and told them the Den D would shut out SD for 3 full quarters, they would have predicted 31ish pts. 

*see bolded*

All in all I thought it was a fairly solid performance by Peyton. That being said, I think had they lost, a significant amount of blame would be put on Manning, and some of it rightfully so. The Denver D only allowing 79 yards (thats crazy!), and the best offense of all time only manages to put up 17pts.... I think had you asked anyone before the game and told them the Den D would shut out SD for 3 full quarters, they would have predicted 31ish pts. 

Yeah you need to watch the game for not only the first point but for all of them.

Yeah you need to watch the game for not only the first point but for all of them.

So SD didnt miss a FG?...That wasnt a great onside kick?....That wasnt a non catch by JT?....

Also, re-watched, yea Decker def has 2 left feet (not the first time thats happened either)...Still cant remember the Welker drop....

And 14pts is plenty of scoring for the most historic offense of all time?

Bad decision by Manning there. Should not force that ball into coverage. Take the FG. They have the ball to start 2nd half.

Edited by MTC

You are kind of a bozo aren't you?

So SD didnt miss a FG?...That wasnt a great onside kick?....That wasnt a non catch by JT?....

Also, re-watched, yea Decker def has 2 left feet (not the first time thats happened either)...Still cant remember the Welker drop....

And 14pts is plenty of scoring for the most historic offense of all time?

Bad decision by Manning there. Should not force that ball into coverage. Take the FG. They have the ball to start 2nd half.

What is your deal?.

If you dont like what i post, stay off.

For one, you dont remember about the game and come here and nit pick and its funny how you missed the whole point about Peyton being clutch when needed.

If Thomas was incomplete, Broncos would have punted but Chargers took the ball at mid field, big difference.

Welker dropped a big 3rd down and had to settle for FG.

Decker drop is a Decker mistake. Not only did he drop, he deflected.

Yes, SD missed a FG, so. We are discussing why Broncos scored less.

Go watch the game completely and come talk.

What is your deal?.

If you dont like what i post, stay off.

For one, you dont remember about the game and come here and nit pick and its funny how you missed the whole point about Peyton being clutch when needed.

If Thomas was incomplete, Broncos would have punted but Chargers took the ball at mid field, big difference.

Welker dropped a big 3rd down and had to settle for FG.

Decker drop is a Decker mistake. Not only did he drop, he deflected.

Yes, SD missed a FG, so. We are discussing why Broncos scored less.

Go watch the game completely and come talk.

Yes, because in a weekend with 4 games, its a criminal act to not remember a handful of plays...

I do remember SD doing nothing with that Thomas "fumble"...So your point is moot...

Welker dropping it meant they were automatically going to score a TD on the next set of downs? Thats interesting. 

Decker miss IS a Decker mistake. It was Peytons mistake putting him in that position. Up 14, on the 4, getting the ball at half, you dont force it in. 

Your constant dismissal of a complete Broncos team (which you have done all year) is tiresome. We all understand you have a man crush on Peyton. But Im here to tell you he isn't infallible. He makes mistakes. And there is nothing wrong with pointing them out...

Peyton played well, I've said that. You chose to gloss over it. 

Yeah, the mantra to beat a Peyton led team is this.

Make him dink and dunk and force him into throwing situations and see if he is patient to not take shots down the field. If you can make him one dimensional by shutting down the run, even better, which easily has happened for the majority of the Colts era. So, even if Peyton eats up clock, if you can stiffen up just before the red zone, you can hope to keep him to FGs. Then, eat up clock on the other side so that Peyton feels the pressure.

So, when Peyton gets back on the field, he will press because he will feel like he cannot rely on his team support and has to do more by himself because his D does not flip field position often enough and his ST have stunk for the longest time with the Colts to give him bad field position. Then, take advantage of the mistakes he makes and trade TDs for FGs if you can.

The Broncos game was an aberration last year vs Ravens where 3 long bomb TDs undid a lot of patient work done by Peyton that resulted in 3 scores that he provided on offense. Peyton rarely loses games where his team has scored 35 points, that might have been a first, at least in the playoffs.

I read a stat where the Panthers' D under Ron Rivera gave up 22 pts off turnovers the entire year, that was phenomenal and unbelievable. The Broncos' D gives up that much in 2 games, LOL :). It was not till the Colts D had enough and were not going to rely on the pretty boy to get them ahead in the score department that the Colts really won the SB :). They actually flipped field position enough times with turnovers to keep the Colts ahead and Peyton was primarily needed for that 1 offensive explosion in the AFCCG vs the Patriots. The rest of the time, he managed the game really well and converted key 3rd downs, pretty much sums it up.

Yes, because in a weekend with 4 games, its a criminal act to not remember a handful of plays...

I do remember SD doing nothing with that Thomas "fumble"...So your point is moot...

Welker dropping it meant they were automatically going to score a TD on the next set of downs? Thats interesting. 

Decker miss IS a Decker mistake. It was Peytons mistake putting him in that position. Up 14, on the 4, getting the ball at half, you dont force it in. 

Your constant dismissal of a complete Broncos team (which you have done all year) is tiresome. We all understand you have a man crush on Peyton. But Im here to tell you he isn't infallible. He makes mistakes. And there is nothing wrong with pointing them out...

Just coz SD didnt do anything, it becomes moot?. What if Denver went ahead and scored?. Ball was turned over.

You clearly havent read or of course you dont "remember" my posts. Its well documented about my criticism of Peyton here. The thread title clearly says Peyton won "THIS" game. Not every game.

Your posts are not about my posts, it is personal. You continue to do that, i will ignore.

It was definately a great team win. Peyton played BIG in the BIG moments but his team dominated the line of scrimmage and while making some dumb dumb mistakes certainly didn't completely abandon him. Welker's drop was basically a TD....he dropped it at the 1 falling on his back....in fact it was reminicent of a certain SB throw that Tom Brady made (am correct me if I'm wrong) except it wasn't as far on his back shoulder...actually and easier catch and perfect ball. Decker does have two left feet lol...and did botch the onside...the int probably shouldn't have been thrown...should have threw it low and away and let him dive or high and out of the endzone....it was a fluke play...catchable certainly but forced.

This was one game that Peyton could easily lose in the past - Lots of missed opportunities and defense started to melt down toward the end of the game. The different was he was playing loose and delivered. And obviously he was enjoying playing the ball. This was a good sign going forward.

i need a translator

Me too. haha

1 question: Do we get to pick our own translator? Namely what gender they are & whether or not they speak with a specific accent? If so, I opt for a female redhead with an Australian accent. LOL! Just messing around. Sorry, I thought it was funny anyway.  :P

4. Onside kick lost.

5. Julius Thomas fumble

And on and on

Exactly Shane. Manning & company did what was required to win. It did get a little dicy there in the 2 minute range though. Whew! Don't give me a heart attack Peyton. Nice Job 18! 

peyton is clutch and goat , brady is great too but i don't think he would be as good without bill billichicks system . At the end of the day brady is a system QB and peyton is the system

You gotta be freaking joking with that.

peyton is clutch and goat , brady is great too but i don't think he would be as good without bill billichicks system . At the end of the day brady is a system QB and peyton is the system

Is that why Tom Brady has played in five or six entirely different offenses over his career, with entirely different philosophies, and Manning has played in ONE, and even brought his Indy offense to Denver which now uses essentially the exact same formula he used in Indy? lol

I'm not going to call Peyton a system quarterback, because the very term "system quarterback" is just something Brady haters say to be slanderous, but if ANYONE is a system quarterback, it's the forehead.

Brady wins with dink and dunk offenses, bombs over baghdad offenses, five wide outs, a revolutionary TE attack, a hurry up rushing attack, whatever the hell we've been doing this year, etc etc etc.

System quarterback?

lol.

Brace yourself for Brady's 6th Superbowl. I know it's going to be tough for people like you.

Is that why Tom Brady has played in five or six entirely different offenses over his career, with entirely different philosophies, and Manning has played in ONE, and even brought his Indy offense to Denver which now uses essentially the exact same formula he used in Indy? lol

I'm not going to call Peyton a system quarterback, because the very term "system quarterback" is just something Brady haters say to be slanderous, but if ANYONE is a system quarterback, it's the forehead.

Brady wins with dink and dunk offenses, bombs over baghdad offenses, five wide outs, a revolutionary TE attack, a hurry up rushing attack, whatever the hell we've been doing this year, etc etc etc.

System quarterback?

lol.

Brace yourself for Brady's 6th Superbowl. I know it's going to be tough for people like you.

You like to run your mouth a lot. We all know your prediction about Peyton choking against Chargers.

System quarterback?

Yup, our "system quarterback."

Apparently "system" = "win tons of games." That's the system.  :thmup: