Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Request for Grigson

TheJACKCOLT

We need a new Centre for sure. After that, the needs at ILB, and along the D-line are also huge. I hope we really focus on the lines and not the WR position in the draft and in FA.

Would you happen to be English? Or was your spelling of centre just a typo lol?

Even if it wasn't a mistake I also suppose that wouldn't automatically make you an Englishman,or woman, but I've seen that spelling more commonly over there then in the states.

I agree, we have to upgrade the C,RG, and the entire defensive line. 

1. Sign Mack or De la Puente

2. Sign Arthur Jones

3. Draft a NT- Mccullers should be there in mid rounds

4. Thomas will be back at RG 

5. See if Montari Hughes can improve and takeover the other DE spot because RJF is not a starter and Redding should be used on passing downs.

1. agree

2. agree

3. draft a backup for Chapman if Franklin isn't brought back but I have full faith in Chapman as the #1 next year

4. Thomas will be back at LG, hopefully Thornton (if he continues to improve) or a FA at starting RG next year

5. I think Arthur Jones would take over Redding's role.  RJF has done very well in his first year in this defense and his first year as a full time starter.  Redding and Hughes would be top of the rotation.

Please build the lines, if you build a good O-line and D-line, everything else will fall into place. Football is and always will be, won in the trenches. Good lines can make up for a lot of weakness at other positions, I would just for once, like to see the Colts have a good defense, O-line and D-line.

It not the sexy way that's for sure, but it's a more sure way when you have a young talent like Luck in place.

Grigson is certainly trying to bring in the best players available to every position.

Some worked, some didn't. The O-line and D-line still need work. Gosder and Landry are the only 2 FAs that would really hurt us if we cut them. 

I would say all in all. He had a pretty good year, and I would agree we need some help on the lines. That is where the winning happens. 

RJF, Landry, Franklin, + Shepard were the worst players on the whole defense , please get rid of all 4 of them... Really like the idea of signing Arthur Jones and Mack ..Still wondering why Shepard was starting over Conner, thought Conner was one of the best tacklers all year.

1. agree

2. agree

3. draft a backup for Chapman if Franklin isn't brought back but I have full faith in Chapman as the #1 next year

4. Thomas will be back at LG, hopefully Thornton (if he continues to improve) or a FA at starting RG next year

5. I think Arthur Jones would take over Redding's role.  RJF has done very well in his first year in this defense and his first year as a full time starter.  Redding and Hughes would be top of the rotation.

Werd.

RJF, Landry, Franklin, + Shepard were the worst players on the whole defense , please get rid of all 4 of them... Really like the idea of signing Arthur Jones and Mack ..Still wondering why Shepard was starting over Conner, thought Conner was one of the best tacklers all year.

RJF...one of the worst on the whole defense????? Thats not even remotely close to being true. He was one of the better signings Grigson made. 

RJF...one of the worst on the whole defense????? Thats not even remotely close to being true. He was one of the better signings Grigson made. 

That seems to be the common nonse...I mean belief around here, even though not a single person that has claimed as much has been able to provide any evidence to support their nonse....I mean belief. Dam, I did it again..I really gotta work on that.  :clap:

lol

That was Joe Thomas for $84M / 7 years.  

Alex Mack is a FA but says he would like to stay in Cleveland and will give them a chance to match any offer he receives (until he sees the world outside of Cleveland and his other possibilities).

until he see's he can make the playoffs quicker and compete for a super bowl with the colts before he gets to with the browns lol

Please build the lines, if you build a good O-line and D-line, everything else will fall into place. Football is and always will be, won in the trenches. Good lines can make up for a lot of weakness at other positions, I would just for once, like to see the Colts have a good defense, O-line and D-line.

We need to build a solid top 5 defense. It starts by getting the best DC out there. I say Wade Phillips. If we don't get him then we wait till next year and get Rex Ryan after the Jets fire him.