Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McAfee sends out a classy tweet

GoColts8818

BdwaA5mIQAA_O0Z.jpg

I hope we bring him back and this wasn't the last game we saw of him in a Colts uniform but I think the fact the Colts didn't lock him up long term this off-season tells me Grigson is maybe open to going in a different direction at punter and looking at some of the wording in this I think Pat knows it too. 

Yeah, the wording makes it seem as though he isn't going to return.  I certainly hope that's not the case and it just comes across that way when he didn't intend for it

Man I felt the exact same way. I really hope that's not the case.

BdwaA5mIQAA_O0Z.jpg

I hope we bring him back and this wasn't the last game we saw of him in a Colts uniform but I think the fact the Colts didn't lock him up long term this off-season tells me Grigson is maybe open to going in a different direction at punter and looking at some of the wording in this I think Pat knows it too. 

Pat McAfee had a self titled show during the season every Monday with Colts affiliated guests. One of the guests was Jim Irsay, who guaranteed that McAfee would be signed long term. I sure hope that is the case as he has been one of the most memorable Colts players this year from the Broncos hit to his Andrew tweet. I really hope that he comes back. 

Pat McAfee had a self titled show during the season every Monday with Colts affiliated guests. One of the guests was Jim Irsay, who guaranteed that McAfee would be signed long term. I sure hope that is the case as he has been one of the most memorable Colts players this year from the Broncos hit to his Andrew tweet. I really hope that he comes back. 

Irsay also guaranteed that Manning would be a Colt if healthy in an interview before the Texans home game in 2011.  Take what Irsay says in those settings with a grain of salt and at the end of the day it's probably going to be Grigson's call not Irsay's as I really doubt Irsay is going to threaten Grigson with his job over a punter. 

With that said I really do hope Pat is back. 

Irsay: We are not letting you go anywhere!

Love it!!

I would not take that to literal when it comes to Irsay saying that to be honest, Im sure Irsay wants him back but I think Irsay really leaves those decisions up to Grigson, On a side note it looked like Irsay was really having a bad day physically, It looked hard for him to open up his left eye

Sure we can find another good punter....but not another Pat McAfee. He is a great dude who is funny in the class clown sort of way, and does a ton of great things for the community. His work with the Armed Forces is awesome. I'd hate to see him go

I don't think Pat was very good this year. Maybe average at best. Couldn't kick it out of the back of the endzone.

His situational punting was the only good part of his game. Didn't really see the Boomstick all season.

Anyone have stats to disprove my thoughts?