Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

An Open Letter to the Colts Community.... (non-football)

NewColtsFan

NOTE:   Mods, if you feel the need to move this I understand...   I'm only putting this here because I thought it might be read by the most people........

To the Colts community....

Please stay safe.   As you've figured out by now,  what you're experiencing is not the normal winter.  This is something entirely different.

So....   as someone who covered stories like this for 30 years, I hope you'll allow me to drop some simple friendly reminders to keep you safe and warm...

First....   try to travel as little as possible,  but if you do have to travel (work, market, etc.)  then be like a boy/girl scout and......   be prepared....   and be pro-active.

-- If you have chains or snow tires, great.   But if not,  call towing if you get stuck.

-- Make sure your cell phone is always charged and with you.

-- Make sure your cell phone car re-charger is always with you.

-- Make sure to have an extra bottle or two of water with you.  Even in freezing cold temps, you want to stay hydrated.

-- Drop a blanket (or two?) in the back seat for warmth in case you get stuck.  That extra blanket in your hallway cupboard doesn't do you any good there...  keep one in your car or truck.

-- Keep a pair of extra gloves and jacket in case yours get wet.

-- If you get stuck, don't panic.   Keep your powder dry.  (better than saying 'stay cool'!)

-- Try not to go any place out of the ordinary.   Stay near civilization.   Stay close to home.  There will be better weather for longer trips soon enough.

Just get through this....  hopefully this will be the worst of your winter....  but eventually,  this will pass.....   But the best way to stay safe is to be smart and try not to be too ambitious/adventurous. 

Thanks for reading....

We now return you to your normal discussion on Colts.com..... 

(somebody sucks, somebody should be playing more,  why does someone still have a job....  

you know,  the usual!      :thmup: )

Thank you NCF for caring about the warmth & safety of the Colts fan base NCF.  :hat: You give some crucial, stranded survival tips there. 

Might I add: Always keep a set off jumper cables in your trunk in case your car battery has difficulty turning over too & have a working flashlight in your glove box too. 

"Stay near civilization.   Stay close to home." Excellent tip here BTW.