Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should Be Start Orlovsky In One Of The Final 9 Games?

oldunclemark

Neither will be our starter opening day next season...but one will be a backup.

Lets see if Orlovsky can move us better than Curtis P....we have little to lose...

He's been with us since the start of the preseason...

Give him a chance. If he fails...put Painter back out there...

there's no reason not to try everything and everybody..is there?

Lets see if Orlovsky can move us better than Curtis P....we have little to lose...

the headline was meant to say SHOULD WE start Orlovsky...

spelling is a skill.. :scared:

Nope they should not and they will not, polian has basically said painter is the starter for the rest of the season, and it should be so... orlovsky has had his chance to stick to a team but he never showed up... Just like what the colts are doing with Lefeged and Caldwell they are making it much less possible for either players to develop by switching them like that in and out of a game.. let one player start and ride him for the season and see how he develops, you cant keep switching out players all willy nilly.

Nope they should not and they will not, polian has basically said painter is the starter for the rest of the season, and it should be so... orlovsky has had his chance to stick to a team but he never showed up... Just like what the colts are doing with Lefeged and Caldwell they are making it much less possible for either players to develop by switching them like that in and out of a game.. let one player start and ride him for the season and see how he develops, you cant keep switching out players all willy nilly.

We'r 0-7..why not switch willy-nilly...

(I love ther music!)

why not switch willy-nilly until we win one.

We dont owe Curtis anything

Much like what dan reeves did in denver when elway went down.He played musical quarterback every single play between tommy maddox and that moore kid.It was a horrible nightmare to watch.I never agreed to rotating players like that.

Exactly what harm would there be for Orlovsky to get a couple of starts?

We'r 0-7..why not switch willy-nilly...

(I love ther music!)

why not switch willy-nilly until we win one.

We dont owe Curtis anything

Because painter is the better QB, ive seen orlovsky play with the lions... the guy has no confidence in himself... there was an interview with him and some reporter and they asked why he was released from the texans and he basically said he didnt have what the coaches were looking for... Dan is not a starter and this isnt his first time of getting beat for the back up spot.

Exactly what harm would there be for Orlovsky to get a couple of starts?

Hmmm further dissension, colts being taken for a joke and giving up on a QB who has up side for a QB who never performed well... bad vibes in the locker rooms, stuff like that.

Because painter is the better QB, ive seen orlovsky play with the lions... the guy has no confidence in himself... there was an interview with him and some reporter and they asked why he was released from the texans and he basically said he didnt have what the coaches were looking for... Dan is not a starter and this isnt his first time of getting beat for the back up spot.

You really think Curtis Painter has proven he's better than Dan Orlovsky?

We havent won any games he's ever played. Seriously?

I think you stated it well. A lot of people seem to think Painter has played well (I don't see it). I do not think Orlovsky would be better, but who knows for sure. I don't see the upside in Painter that some have mentioned, unfortunately, I haven't seen it in Orlovsky either.

I think you stated it well. A lot of people seem to think Painter has played well (I don't see it). I do not think Orlovsky would be better, but who knows for sure. I don't see the upside in Painter that some have mentioned, unfortunately, I haven't seen it in Orlovsky either.

Granbted.....so if we're toast mathematically after Sunday (another division loss smokes us for good)

..why not try EVERYBODY on the roster...

I dont think there will be a locker room revolt if Curtis Painter at 0-5...sits for a game..

Hmmm further dissension, colts being taken for a joke and giving up on a QB who has up side for a QB who never performed well... bad vibes in the locker rooms, stuff like that.

Exactly "whom" would be looking at the Colts as a Joke? Also what upside is there in Painter and "bad" vibes in the locker? Really?

Rofl have any of you seen Dan orlovsky play? for the games he played with the colts he's shown that he's inaccurate in his throws and and stares down his WR's... Painter has an arm, he's very accurate and makes good reads... Orlovskly in his whole career has never showed that in his nfl career. Might i add he also doesnt have very good awareness...

The colts havent won any games because of mental mistakes and being awful on defense... painter cant help that.

Exactly "whom" would be looking at the Colts as a Joke? Also what upside is there in Painter and "bad" vibes in the locker? Really?

Do i really need to tell you who?

The man is accurate and has an arm, thats the upside.

And yes really, those players are still human, they are susceptible to emotions... wayne spoke out when they signed collins, what makes you think there wouldnt be bad vibes if they changed to another QB AGAIN.

Rofl have any of you seen Dan orlovsky play? for the games he played with the colts he's shown that he's inaccurate in his throws and and stares down his WR's... Painter has an arm, he's very accurate and makes good reads... Orlovskly in his whole career has never showed that in his nfl career. Might i add he also doesnt have very good awareness...

The colts havent won any games because of mental mistakes and being awful on defense... painter cant help that.

How many points did the colts score last week? Also how many snaps has Orlovskly taken with the A unit in a regular season game? Again, we are not playoff bound, so what is the harm?

And yes really, those players are still human, they are susceptible to emotions... wayne spoke out when they signed collins, what makes you think there wouldnt be bad vibes if they changed to another QB AGAIN.

1. Players are paid to play period.

2. You try another QB because the one playing isn't getting teh job done.

3. You use these remaining nine games to evaluate what you have and what you don't.

4. I really don't care what Reggie thinks, he is paid to catch passes

5. Jeff George had a great arm also...how did that work out?

1. Players are paid to play period.

2. You try another QB because the one playing isn't getting teh job done.

3. You use these remaining nine games to evaluate what you have and what you don't.

4. I really don't care what Reggie thinks, he is paid to catch passes

5. Jeff George had a great arm also...how did that work out?

Well to put this all to rest, polian said painter is the starting QB for the rest of the season, for the very fact that he is the better QB... if orlovsky was any good he would have stuck with a previous team... but that is not the case.

Oh and in 05 he played in two regular season games amassing 67yds with no tds or ints and a 7-17 completion

and in 08 12-21 for 150yds 1td no ints..... so yes he has played with the "A" team

Well to put this all to rest, polian said painter is the starting QB for the rest of the season, for the very fact that he is the better QB... if orlovsky was any good he would have stuck with a previous team... but that is not the case.

Oh and in 05 he played in two regular season games amassing 67yds with no tds or ints and a 7-17 completion

and in 08 12-21 for 150yds 1td no ints..... so yes he has played with the "A" team

And what team was that he played for in 05 and what kind of offensive talent did they have?

How about the other members of the team who haven't stepped up. Painter isn't on the field all by himself for 60 minutes. He's made his share of mistakes but so have almost all of his teammates. And NO QB is getting a win with that crappy defense. Orlovsky doesn't know the playbook any more than Collins did. He was here in pre-season but I'm sure the playbook was watered down vanilla.

And what team was that he played for in 05 and what kind of offensive talent did they have?

Oh geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze who gives a rats backside. You're in every thread to stir things up, NOT to promote discussion. Trolling for arguments sake IMO. You must be really bored.

Curtis needs to hire you to be his agent.

Lets see if Orlovsky can move us better than Curtis P....we have little to lose.............

Agreed - neither will be the starter. (IMHO, 60% chance that Peyton will be, but that's another thread)

Agreed - neither will be the starter. (IMHO, 60% chance that Peyton will be, but that's another thread)

We need to be careful of disrepecting Painter more than we already have, though. Although he hasn't won us any games yet, he hasn't cost us any either.

He's not the reason we're 0-7. I'd put most of the other players on the "why we lost" list ahead of him.

Oh geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze who gives a rats backside. You're in every thread to stir things up, NOT to promote discussion. Trolling for arguments sake IMO. You must be really bored.

Not at all, the poster stated that O had gotten starts. I wasn't sure with whom but thought it was the Lions and lets be honost, Peyton couldn't have been successful with that franchise at that time.

We need to be careful of disrepecting Painter more than we already have, though. Although he hasn't won us any games yet, he hasn't cost us any either.

He's not the reason we're 0-7. I'd put most of the other players on the "why we lost" list ahead of him.

disrespecting Painter? How have we disrespected him?

If he'll help us lose then I'm all for it. Until we win, leave Painter in there just MHO.

But willy...you know the game..

When a QB does not win..you make a change...ask Donovan McNabb

But willy...you know the game..

When a QB does not win..you make a change...ask Donovan McNabb

If a QB loses, then you make a change. If the team is losing despite efficient QB play then there's no need to make a change at QB. Until Painter actually starts losing us games then there's no reason not to start him. We have far more invested in him both in terms of time and money than we do Orlovsky.

If a QB loses, then you make a change. If the team is losing despite efficient QB play then there's no need to make a change at QB. Until Painter actually starts losing us games then there's no reason not to start him. We have far more invested in him both in terms of time and money than we do Orlovsky.

The only phrase I'd question Jason is "efficient QB play"...I did not see that last Sunday

....I'm not saying bench him and put a bag on his head.

But we are winless....and that voids everybody's guranteed starting position..

I'm just saying change the starting lineup until we produce on offense early in the game..

The only phrase I'd question Jason is "efficient QB play"...I did not see that last Sunday

....I'm not saying bench him and put a bag on his head.

But we are winless....and that voids everybody's guranteed starting position..

I'm just saying change the starting lineup until we produce on offense early in the game..

Going into the Saints game, Painter was in the top 10 in overall QB effeciency, with the primary factors being completion % and TD:INT ratio. Even after the game he is still in the top 10. The entire team blanked against the Saints, not just Painter.

Also they haven't had a problem finding offense early...it's sustaining offense into the second half and closing out the game that has been the problem. I'm not absolving Painter of his part of the blame in this, but equal parts also go to game-planning, play-calling, dropped passes, getting away from the running game, etc. Like I said, until Painter actually starts losing games for us, there's no reason to bench him..imo.

Going into the Saints game, Painter was in the top 10 in overall QB effeciency, with the primary factors being completion % and TD:INT ratio. Even after the game he is still in the top 10. The entire team blanked against the Saints, not just Painter.

Also they haven't had a problem finding offense early...it's sustaining offense into the second half and closing out the game that has been the problem. I'm not absolving Painter of his part of the blame in this, but equal parts also go to game-planning, play-calling, dropped passes, getting away from the running game, etc. Like I said, until Painter actually starts losing games for us, there's no reason to bench him..imo.

I guess I value game long efficiency over overall QB efficiency..

Painter has been exceptionally poor...to my observation...after halftime

And I dont think that not starting him in one game is benching him....

..although maybe that's just splitting hairs..

If Orlovsky is just as bad, go back to Painter....in the second half..