Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

said it before and ill say it again

danlhart87

Guest TeamLoloJones

I wouldn't draft a WR. If we get a Rogers in UDFA again I wouldn't mind. Draft D line, ILB, maybe a safety.

I do agree with that idea, except for one reason.  There is such a huge amount of talent at WR in this draft, that a normally first round talent (Allen Robinson, Odell Beckham Jr., Brandon Coleman, Jarvis Landry) and others will be available after the first round.  I know WR is not our biggest need, but if an absolute steal is within our draft grasp (so to speak) we should still pull the trigger.  But NO REACHING FOR A WR. Period.  We (hopefully) can take care of our o-line and some of our defensive woes in Free Agency this offseason.  Just my two cents.  Oh and by the way...that Luck guy is pretty good, huh?

Guest TeamLoloJones

I'd like to take a corner if there is a good one available. Maybe a safety as well

Lots of CBs to chose from.  Should be quality guys all the way to our 3rd round pick.  Safeties not so much.

Guest TeamLoloJones

When is the kid from Michigan State expected to go? I think he'll be a great player

I assume you mean Dennard.  I actually had us drafting him in the 2nd a while ago, but his stock has sky rocketed, and he will likely go in the top 20 now.  He should be the 1st or 2nd CB off the board, so he's out of our reach.  I like E.J. Gaines (Mizzou).  He's a solid man cover guy (he shut down Mike Evans of Texas A&M) and he's one of the best tackling CBs in the draft.  He might be there in the 3rd.

These young receivers have really made some strides in the past six weeks or so; it's quite impressive!

People are saying TY looks like Marvin, Griff is getting in and out of his routes and making big plays for first downs,

Rogers and Brazill really looking good and getting open and making plays. Fleener is starting to live up to his potential.

Are you surprised? Not me, You all know who has been coaching these guys lately; Mr Reggie Wayne!

Reggie was taught by Marvin and he's teaching TY to run routes that way and that's why he reminds us of #88

Griff is looking like Reggie on third downs, gee I wonder why, being taught by one of the best 3rd dwn. receivers ever!

These kids are being mentored by one of the Masters! It does not surprise me they are growing by leaps and bounds.

IMO I think that Reggie has found his calling if, when he is done playing, he wants to remain in the game.

He could continue contributing to the Colts for years!

Yeah, every team can use another stud receiver, but we look to be in pretty good shape for the near future!