Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Comment on Andrew Luck NFL.com not making Pro Bowl

bap1331

What is WPA?   all YOU have to do is put your little "pointer" right on it ..  and it says....  heehee

simple is as simple does..........    

Hey BB87..........  

I have watched enough football to decipher that it takes a TEAM to win in the NFL. 

EVERY team has flaws.     A QB can mask a lot of  flaws...    Andrew Luck mask's a lot.

Andrew Luck has won 21 games in his first 2 seasons (and still going)  AND has how many "last drive comebacks?" 

HMMM??   I think it is 10.

Do some research ...  and get back with me..

What is WPA? His ranking is based off that, whereas when you click the others he starts dropping down the list. Furthermore, why do you get "so mad" because someones opinion is different than yours, especially when at the end of the day means absolutely nothing.

Eyez on the Prize.....   

Right on Bro... 

I doubt that most players that covet individual awards/recognition have won too many championships. Some have, but a ring or even an appearance in the big game would certainly say more than a Pro bowl or MVP award would in a team sport.

What is WPA? all YOU have to do is put your little "pointer" right on it .. and it says.... heehee

simple is as simple does..........

Hey BB87..........

I have watched enough football to decipher that it takes a TEAM to win in the NFL.

EVERY team has flaws. A QB can mask a lot of flaws... Andrew Luck mask's a lot.

Andrew Luck has won 21 games in his first 2 seasons (and still going) AND has how many "last drive comebacks?"

HMMM?? I think it is 10.

Do some research ... and get back with me..

No "pointer" on my phone, but I will check it out when I'm on my computer. Granted, it would have been easier to just say what it was.

So, you understand that it's a team game yet comment on Luck's last minute comebacks, where in most of those HE made mistakes that put the team behind to begin with. I always used to laugh at Steeler fans when they would gloat about this with BigBen yet they had a top ranked defense, granted we don't, but it was Ben who would put them in a hole yet somehow pull it out and they would glorify him for it. Again, laughable, but whatever...

Guest TeamLoloJones

No "pointer" on my phone, but I will check it out when I'm on my computer. Granted, it would have been easier to just say what it was.

So, you understand that it's a team game yet comment on Luck's last minute comebacks, where in most of those HE made mistakes that put the team behind to begin with. I always used to laugh at Steeler fans when they would gloat about this with BigBen yet they had a top ranked defense, granted we don't, but it was Ben who would put them in a hole yet somehow pull it out and they would glorify him for it. Again, laughable, but whatever...

That is a completely overused narrative.  In Luck's 10 4th quarter wins of the last 2 seasons he has a total of 7 interceptions and one lost fumble.  Five of those interceptions came in just the Detroit game and the home Titans game of last year (where one of those INTs should have been overturned.)  That means in 8 of his 4th quarter wins, Luck turned the ball over 3 times TOTAL.

That is a completely overused narrative.  In Luck's 10 4th quarter wins of the last 2 seasons he has a total of 7 interceptions and one lost fumble.  Five of those interceptions came in just the Detroit game and the home Titans game of last year (where one of those INTs should have been overturned.)  That means in 8 of his 4th quarter wins, Luck turned the ball over 3 times TOTAL.

I dont think Blu is talking about the 4th quarter but Lucks play before that, Luck has gotten significantly better as the games press this season while starting off a bit slower as

Guest TeamLoloJones

I dont think Blu is talking about the 4th quarter but Lucks play before that, Luck has gotten significantly better as the games press this season while starting off a bit slower as

Those numbers are for the whole games, not just the fourth quarter.

Those numbers are for the whole games, not just the fourth quarter.

Right but what I think Blu might be getting at is Luck is a slower starter and gets better as the game goes along which has been the case this season which kinda is the opposite of what Peps offense is designed to do which is get Luck in some rhythm passing, Just my opinion of course

Guest TeamLoloJones

Right but what I think Blu might be getting at is Luck is a slower starter and gets better as the game goes along which has been the case this season which kinda is the opposite of what Peps offense is designed to do which is get Luck in some rhythm passing, Just my opinion of course

I was referring specifically to mistakes.(turnovers)

Good lord... colts fans (at least all who this might apply to)

WE ARE NOT ALWAYS GOING TO HAVE THE BEST AND GREATEST QBS IN THE LEAGUE EVERY YEAR... Get over it already...

I wouldn't trade Luck for anyone but have any of you seen Wilson play? That guy has IT and knows how to win also. He is a great up and coming QB just like Luck. The fact he is getting into the Pro Bowl or gets praised is in no way saying "Luck sucks omg he is a bust"! We don't have Manning anymore and yes while I do agree Manning did get mistreated often in the media Luck has not. I've heard nothing but good maybe not a whole bunch but at least it's good.

Also FYI for everyone Luck regressed pretty heavily in the middle of this season and it was very noticeable. Not until recently had he been getting his stride back. Be glad the media wasn't all over him saying he is a bust and nothing without Reggie...

End rant...

WE ARE NOT ALWAYS GOING TO HAVE THE BEST AND GREATEST QBS IN THE LEAGUE EVERY YEAR... Get over it already...

I wouldn't trade Luck for anyone but have any of you seen Wilson play? That guy has IT and knows how to win also. He is a great up and coming QB just like Luck. The fact he is getting into the Pro Bowl or gets praised is in no way saying "Luck sucks omg he is a bust"! We don't have Manning anymore and yes while I do agree Manning did get mistreated often in the media Luck has not. I've heard nothing but good maybe not a whole bunch but at least it's good.

Also FYI for everyone Luck regressed pretty heavily in the middle of this season and it was very noticeable. Not until recently had he been getting his stride back. Be glad the media wasn't all over him saying he is a bust and nothing without Reggie...

End rant...

Not seen much of him. But he looked a bit like Mark Sanchez last week. As usual, most QB's are over-hyped, including Luck.

Not seen much of him. But he looked a bit like Mark Sanchez last week. As usual, most QB's are over-hyped, including Luck.

Actually Luck is living up to the hype its RG3 who still gets more respect than luck and so far Luck is having the better career. You guys have been giving Luck crap all year and even with the struggles of the team in November he has quietly had a great season but I think him not even being considered for the pro bowl is crap. End of Rant.

End rant...

He won't last long in the NFL. He's looking more like RG3 playing college football. When he ages, he will get slower, and all those hits will start to flaw him more and more.

The Pro Bowl is a beauty contest. The new format makes it even more of a beauty contest. Andrew (neck beard) Luck does not play the game nor comport himself as a beauty queen and thus he did not make it. If my statement above is not clear, I mean that Andrew would happily do whatever you asked him to do to win, hand off 50 times a game, throw only short, throw only long, play conservative like a game manager, Andrew is about the team and winning. If you think NFL QB's are all like that I invite you to peruse the career of Jay Cutler and tell me that this guy doesn't always try to do his own thing and play his own style. How about Ryan Fitzpatrick? Ben Rothisberger is finally getting rid of the ball but how long did that message take to get through? I know Andrew is a winner and he WILL get us to the Super Bowl and I'm confident that whatever it is the team needs Andrew to do his ego nor a need to control things will never be in the way.

He won't last long in the NFL. He's looking more like RG3 playing college football. When he ages, he will get slower, and all those hits will start to flaw him more and more.

You need to watch him more.  His deep ball is one of the most accurate and he knows how to read defenses.  When he runs he runs against coverage turned away from him not forcing it like a RB (like RG3).  He may lean on his ability to run the ball a bit more than Luck, but he has the smarts and know how to pass in the NFL.  Plus who are his receivers again?  He has nothing for WR remember. 

You need to watch him more. His deep ball is one of the most accurate and he knows how to read defenses. When he runs he runs against coverage turned away from him not forcing it like a RB (like RG3). He may lean on his ability to run the ball a bit more than Luck, but he has the smarts and know how to pass in the NFL. Plus who are his receivers again? He has nothing for WR remember.

Eh. They have a great defense that keeps him on the field. Colts kept him on his toes with all of his running plays.

Please see post below.  The stats don't show that Wilson has had that much better of a season.  The Seahawks have had a better season than the Colts, and I'm sure the amount of media time spent on them is a wee bit higher than the Colts too.  That is where you can get a lot of the national fan voting from. 

The stats do show that Wilson had a better season, but you have to look at stats the matter.  I think an argument could be made for Luck but in two key stats he was lacking.

Case for Luck over Wilson TD/TO

Luck 27/11

Wilson 27/14

The other stats that matter though

Completion percentage

Wilson: 63.1

Luck 60.2.

63% is on the lower end of acceptable 60% is not.

Yards per Attempt

Wilson: 8.2

Luck: 6.7

6.7 is a really bad YPA average.

Yards per completion

Wilson 13.06

Luck:  11.14

Both are good numbers for YPC.

TDs/pass attempt

Wilson: .1011

Luck: .067

I know people will label me what ever they want, personally, I am glad the Colts have Luck and, as one poster stated, there will be many probowls in Luck's future.  But Wilson and Luck did not have similar stats on the year (at least not for the stats that matter).