Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Don Banks Article On The Colts

OJl

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/10/25/colts.freefall/index.html?sct=nfl_t11_a0

Don Banks is an excellent writer for SI and he does a good job capturing this garbage season for the Colts. It's tough to explain this season as anything other than Peyton Manning is just THAT darned good. Two things will come about out of this season: 1) Peyton's greatness just took a HUGE bump and 2) The Colts are going to get one heck of a good football player out of the draft, possibly Andrew Luck to set up the next 15 years!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/10/25/colts.freefall/index.html?sct=nfl_t11_a0 Don Banks is an excellent writer for SI and he does a good job capturing this garbage season for the Colts. It's tough to explain this season as anything other than Peyton Manning is just THAT darned good. Two things will come about out of this season: 1) Peyton's greatness just took a HUGE bump and 2) The Colts are going to get one heck of a good football player out of the draft, possibly Andrew Luck to set up the next 15 years!

We better get more that one good player out of this. We need as many as we can get.

1) Peyton's greatness just took a HUGE bump and

serious question - do colt fans care more about mannings legacy and perceived greatness or more about the colts being great and winning? not a thread goes by where I dont get the impression colt fans are more excited about being to tell people how it proves mannings greatness

that is a great blog, Maybe Jim irsay can read this and make some changes to help the colts

Stuff like this makes me crazy. First off, does anyone really think Irsay needs Don Banks to tell him that things have gone astray? Secondly, the last thing in the world I want for is for Polian, Irsay or Caldwell for that matter to be making team related decisions based on what they see in the media. That is an unmitigated recipe for disaster.

serious question - do colt fans care more about mannings legacy and perceived greatness or more about the colts being great and winning? not a thread goes by where I dont get the impression colt fans are more excited about being to tell people how it proves mannings greatness

Fair question and there are some who are clearly more Manning fans than Colts fans. But I think Green Bay is answer. Losing Farve sucked if you were a Packer fan but ultimately the team winning is more important than an individual. It will suck when Manning is officially done but if they start winning after he is gone, that is what most everyone will be excited about.

Stuff like this makes me crazy. First off, does anyone really think Irsay needs Don Banks to tell him that things have gone astray? Secondly, the last thing in the world I want for is for Polian, Irsay or Caldwell for that matter to be making team related decisions based on what they see in the media. That is an unmitigated recipe for disaster.

+1 and a bag of candy.

Well "Colt" fans care about the team first and foremost. "Manning" fans care more about his legacy. It's a question of priorities and you're going to have that with any fan base. That is not to say that you can't be a fan of both of course. I'm a fan of Manning because I'm a fan of the Colts. But the people who are fans of the Colts because of Peyton Manning, they will likely be more concerned about Peyton Manning and his legacy.

Right now it's the only slightly positive thing people can talk about. Our defense is one of the worst, our offense is pretty crappy too. Our whole organization went from being Super Bowl contenders to first pick draft contenders in one off-season...that's ridiculously bad. I can barely watch the Colts anymore, especially after what we went through in New Orleans. I've never been more embarrassed to be a Colts fan in my life, It was pathetic. It seems our team is giving up and so are a lot of fans. I will be watching all 16 games we play this season whether we win 2-3 or don't win at all...it's just not going to be fun either way. Our team needs some serious re-evaluation and new coaches all around. And we need to drop the tampa-2 defense in my opinion and bulk up our Defense, they are way too small.