Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How the mighty are falling

ColtsBlueFL

I was up very early this morning and sipping on my jave saw a disturbing segment on NFLN about Luck's struggles recently.  My mind races back to a time in the recent past where Luck was being heralded as already top 10 and on the rise-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/26/top-10-nfl-quarterbacks_n_3976340.html

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000259819/article/the-quarterback-index-andrew-luck-a-topfive-qb

Things were so bright back then, and we amassed an amazing resume` beating SF, Seattle, and Denver.  Then at the end of the Denver game, Reggie Wayne went down.  Now we have been suffered to this ever since-

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000293657/Why-is-Andrew-Luck-struggling

Reggie is HOF material, and his absence to me seems to be similar to the way Peyton's loss was in 2011.  It seems when Wayne goes down, there is no "Next man up".  We have to change scheme and plays to better use our remaining WR core.  A lot of folks have been calling for a change because it is quite apparent running the same plays from the playbook  now are not haveing the same results as it did earlier in the year, as these videos show.

I hope the cold, snow and ice (and a strong performance by the D) helps to neutralize the Bengal O, so we can try to be close enough for some Luck magic to pull another one out of the hat.

I hope the cold, snow and ice (and a strong performance by the D) helps to neutralize the Bengal O, so we can try to be close enough for some Luck magic to pull another one out of the hat.

Well these same conditions could also neutralize the Colts O since we are a dome team and the Bengals are used to playing in the current conditions. Instead of pulling another one out of the hat the Colts need to play a full 60 minutes instead of falling behind and playing catch up.

I agree with you on the part about Reggie he is sorely missed the same as Payton was. :thmup: 

Luck is good but people pumped him up too quickly.  He still has a long way to go before he can be considered among the elite.  He still needs to learn to make the proper reads and how to spread the ball around rather than locking in on his main targets.  He also needs to become a heck of a lot more accurate.  He's running for his life most of the time so that has a lot to do with his current struggles as well.  It is a wonder he is playing as well as he is right now...which is just okay not great.  It amuses me when i read some here wanting the coaching staff to give him more control at the line to call his own plays...like he is Peyton or something.   haha    Lets see him execute consistently the plays called for him first...he doesn't have Peyton's mind regardless of how badly some want him to.  Luck has better physical skills but still needs to grow regarding the mental aspect of this game.  This takes time and experience...he will be alright.

Luck, RG3, Cam...these guys are going through or have gone through the sophomore jinx.  Hopefully, Luck grows from this and comes back stronger in his third season like Cam did.

Well these same conditions could also neutralize the Colts O since we are a dome team and the Bengals are used to playing in the current conditions. Instead of pulling another one out of the hat the Colts need to play a full 60 minutes instead of falling behind and playing catch up.

I agree with you on the part about Reggie he is sorely missed the same as Payton was. :thmup:

Who the hell is Payton???

The Ben gals have been practicing inside all week.  Dome team has no bearing on this game. Its silly at best to even suggest that.

But yes we need to get off to a better start.

Colts have been practicing outdoors all week.

Reminds me of Rocky 4 except Andy Dalton is not Ivan Drago.

Of the four young QB's that everyone made a fuss about last season, only one is carrying his team to championship level play. Wilson. Without him, Seattle would be fighting for a wild card spot instead of having the best record in the NFL.

Yep but LUCK and Co. gave him his LOSS!!! So.......... they have no defense?

Wilson has a lot of talent around him too, don't forget that part either.

Not on offense. He has no legit number 1 receiver. An average offensive line. He has a very good running back and that's bout it. No one other than Wilson, Lynch and maybe Okung would be considered top shelf talent.

Not on offense. He has no legit number 1 receiver. An average offensive line. He has a very good running back and that's bout it. No one other than Wilson, Lynch and maybe Okung would be considered top shelf talent.

The young QB getting the most out of the least is Cam Newton. That guy has HOF written all over him.  :D

Unger is top flight, Tate/Baldwin are really good. Because they aren't name players does not mean they are not talented, their O-line grades out positively in every metric.

Unger is top flight, Tate/Baldwin are really good. Because they aren't name players does not mean they are not talented, their O-line grades out positively in every metric.

I'll give you unger. But other than him and ones I mentioned previously, they are just adequate. Not a game changer in the bunch

Wilson is their game changer.

Of the four young QB's that everyone made a fuss about last season, only one is carrying his team to championship level play. Wilson. Without him, Seattle would be fighting for a wild card spot instead of having the best record in the NFL.

Without Luck, the Colts would likely be getting ready to draft Bridgewater with the number one pick in a race to the bottom between us and the Texans.

Without Luck, the Colts would likely be getting ready to draft Bridgewater with the number one pick in a race to the bottom between us and the Texans.

I can't even give that much credit to Luck for those wins.  In the games that we've won we got turnovers and were able to turn them into some points.  Even if we didn't get points from the turnovers we kept the other team from scoring. 

I can't even give that much credit to Luck for those wins.  In the games that we've won we got turnovers and were able to turn them into some points.  Even if we didn't get points from the turnovers we kept the other team from scoring. 

Without Luck, who would our QB be? Hasselbeck? I just don't see but one or two wins without Luck

Without Luck, who would our QB be? Hasselbeck? I just don't see but one or two wins without Luck

I wasn't saying that we would have won all of those games without Luck.  I was saying that all of the credit for those wins shouldn't go to Luck.  He actually had defensive help and a running game in the San Francisco win and he had defensive help and turnovers in the Seattle and Denver wins.