The Official Will Houston Win Another Game Thread

Synthetic

Will Houston Win Another Game?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Will Houston Win Another Game?

• Yes
    • No

Well, will they?

Sad thing is, I actually expected them to do a bit better this season. Their defense was some how ranked #1 a few weeks back and they have been in the top 5 on defense all year despite losing constantly.

Of 11 loses, 6 of them were in winnable reach being 7 points or less.

Are they tanking on purpose are they really this terrible to the point they gave the Jags two wins?

Lets see who they play:

-At Indy: No but 70% of this forum will somehow probably end up saying we can't overlook the Texans because their young QB is something special even though he has yet to win a game. Of course the Texans have never won in Indy before either and somehow even when we are down big against them they love to see us come back in the game and they should be good for a few interceptions no matter who is playing at QB.

-Denver. You kidding me? Denver in Houston indoors in the winter? Manning might break the TD record in this game for all we know. 7 TDs 2.0?

-At TN-Could be a decent game (lol) but TN actually has a pulse and some cohesion at times.....unlike Houston.

But, if TN is out of the playoff race officially by the final week who knows if they care much either.

Are they tanking on purpose are they really this terrible to the point they gave the Jags two wins?

The Jags are actually decent at times......don't laugh. I mean over many years I feel as if they sometimes show up and play some decent defense once in a while. They are just a doomed franchise with consistently bad QBs.  I won't be stunned if they give us a game in the final week. They beat us last year too.......they can be sneaky even though they are always bad.

If the Texans are tanking they can't even do that right. I mean look have they even had a game like Colts at Saints '11? I think not.......how embarrassing not to even have a game like that if you are going for the ultimate prize in suck land.

At least the 2011 Colts had Curtis Painter too. This new kid in Houston isn't even fun to laugh at. Only Schaub is fun to laugh at when he throws picks and they don't even let us see that very often anymore outside of tonight they threw us a bone with one.

The Jags are actually decent at times......don't laugh. I mean over many years I feel as if they sometimes show up and play some decent defense once in a while. They are just a doomed franchise with consistently bad QBs.  I won't be stunned if they give us a game in the final week. They beat us last year too.......they can be sneaky even though they are always bad.

If the Texans are tanking they can't even do that right. I mean look have they even had a game like Colts at Saints '11? I think not.......how embarrassing not to even have a game like that if you are going for the ultimate prize in suck land.

At least the 2011 Colts had Curtis Painter too. This new kid in Houston isn't even fun to laugh at. Only Schaub is fun to laugh at when he throws picks and they don't even let us see that very often anymore outside of tonight they threw us a bone with one.

Excellent post Jules! My sentiments exactly. The Texans are officially DOA now. Cut the cord the Matt Schaub experiment is over. I'd still develop Case Keenum as a viable backup though. I'm just ticked off for JJ Watt though. The guy is hands down the best defensive player in the NFL right now & you continue to surround him with offensive incompetence. It's a darn disgrace! Jesus, he can't carry an entire franchise on his shoulders alone. Get him a QB that can generate 17 points on average & then he will handle his business & shut the other team's field general down. 

Yes, I'm biased. JJ Watt went to UW-Madison my alma mater & I wanna see him get at least 1 ring man. I'd better cool it & lower my blood pressure before I say something stupid & get suspended from the site. JJ Watt deserves better than this! Grr! I could give you 99 reasons why I am not happy right now, but I will just cool my jets & hope that Bob McNair hires a great new HC that can actually score TDs consistently...Darrell Bevell  from the Seattle Seahawks perhaps. I want Rob Ryan to remain in New Orleans right now & if Wade Phillips stays as DC there is no need to hire Mike Zimmer IMO. 

Would this mean the 2013 Texans are the 2011 Colts and we are going to be like the 2011 Texans AND WIN AN ACTUAL PLAYOFF GAME.

Roar.......I want a playoff win so bad!!!! :cheer2:

I hear ya Jules. I hear ya...I just wish INDY could be more consistent on offense though. We defeat Seattle & San Francisco, but we get stomped by AZ & St. Louis. Which Blue Horseshoe squad is gonna show up? Sigh...

I don't like losing & I hate it when my Colts get humiliated on Natl. TV. It drives me insane...At least stay competitive that's all I ask...I know; I know building greatness takes time. The Roman Empire wasn't built overnight. I keep reminding myself of that everytime we lose. 

Excellent post Jules! My sentiments exactly. The Texans are officially DOA now. Cut the cord the Matt Schaub experiment is over. I'd still develop Case Keenum as a viable backup though. I'm just ticked off for JJ Watt though. The guy is hands down the best defensive player in the NFL right now & you continue to surround him with offensive incompetence. It's a darn disgrace! Jesus, he can't carry an entire franchise on his shoulders alone. Get him a QB that can generate 17 points on average & then he will handle his business & shut the other team's field general down.

Yes, I'm biased. JJ Watt went to UW-Madison my alma mater & I wanna see him get at least 1 ring man. I'd better cool it & lower my blood pressure before I say something stupid & get suspended from the site. JJ Watt deserves better than this! Grr! I could give you 99 reasons why I am not happy right now, but I will just cool my jets & hope that Bob McNair hires a great new HC that can actually score TDs consistently...Darrell Bevell from the Seattle Seahawks perhaps. I want Rob Ryan to remain in New Orleans right now & if Wade Phillips stays as DC there is no need to hire Mike Zimmer IMO.

Wade will be gone too. Despite the yardage numbers, the Texans defense has largely been a joke this year. They dont give up many yards simply because the offense and special teams are so bad, theres almost no yards to give up. They are among the worst in run yards allowed, and they have one of the worst graded secondaries going. J.J. Watt is basically single handedly providing the entire defense's production, just as Andre bails out Case Keenum whenever he can by being all pro.

The Texans are just bad. Poor coaching with no talent at cornerback, quarterback, inside linebacker, right tackle, right guard, and their running backs are a 29 year old cominf out of major back surgery, and a free agent after this year. They legitimately have nothing going for them right now, and wholsale change will happen when they get a new head coach and draft Bridgewater.

Marvel now, as with an impending contract year, we may be seeing the last days of J.J. Watt as a Texan.

I never got where the Colts were really tanking cause when they won their two games in 2011, it put them in jeopardy of losing the #1 seed, and also they played pretty well against Pittsburgh, Tampa and K.C. early in the season and only lost to the Jags by 6 in the final week.

The Colts were never ranked that high on the stats like Houston's defense was, that's why it's bad if they are really tanking yet had #1 ranked defense for a bit.

I never got where the Colts were really tanking cause when they won their two games in 2011, it put them in jeopardy of losing the #1 seed, and also they played pretty well against Pittsburgh, Tampa and K.C. early in the season and only lost to the Jags by 6 in the final week.

The Colts were never ranked that high on the stats like Houston's defense was, that's why it's bad if they are really tanking yet had #1 ranked defense for a bit.

That defensive rating was a farce largely created by all the short fields the defense faced from all the offensive turnovers and bad special teams play. The turnovers have gotten cleaned up a bit, so now theor raw yardage stats are returning to earth. Its a bad defense that is among the worst at creating turnovers and in the red zone. Its funny how the myths that Houston has a good o line and a good defense persist.

That defensive rating was a farce largely created by all the short fields the defense faced from all the offensive turnovers and bad special teams play. The turnovers have gotten cleaned up a bit, so now theor raw yardage stats are returning to earth. Its a bad defense that is among the worst at creating turnovers and in the red zone. Its funny how the myths that Houston has a good o line and a good defense persist.

Interesting, I didn't even think about that. I knew the defensive rating seemed odd but I have not really watched them this year to judge it.

Wade will be gone too. Despite the yardage numbers, the Texans defense has largely been a joke this year. They dont give up many yards simply because the offense and special teams are so bad, theres almost no yards to give up. They are among the worst in run yards allowed, and they have one of the worst graded secondaries going. J.J. Watt is basically single handedly providing the entire defense's production, just as Andre bails out Case Keenum whenever he can by being all pro.

The Texans are just bad. Poor coaching with no talent at cornerback, quarterback, inside linebacker, right tackle, right guard, and their running backs are a 29 year old cominf out of major back surgery, and a free agent after this year. They legitimately have nothing going for them right now, and wholsale change will happen when they get a new head coach and draft Bridgewater.

Marvel now, as with an impending contract year, we may be seeing the last days of J.J. Watt as a Texan.

How sweet would it be to have him here? As much as he respects Andrew I could see it happening.

How sweet would it be to have him here? As much as he respects Andrew I could see it happening.

Depends on what our 2015 cap situation looks like. He will demand the best contract of any defensive lineman ever most likely. Being a 3-4 scheme certainly puta Indy in the running, but it comes down to money.

Wow, it's sad that I am the only (or at least first) person to pick yes.  I mean, it's not like the Jags in the first half of the season getting blown out of most every game.  They're in games, just don't finish.  I guess this just goes to show that the state of affairs in Houston is pretty grim right now.

Wow, it's sad that I am the only (or at least first) person to pick yes.

@Indianaplis

vs Denver

@Tennessee

With an interim head coach, and lethargic, undisciplined players that set a franchise record for penalties last night. The only game left they have a chance of winning is @Titans, because the Titans could very well be just as dead by then.

@Indianaplis

vs Denver

@Tennessee

With an interim head coach, and lethargic, undisciplined players that set a franchise record for penalties last night. The only game left they have a chance of winning is @Titans, because the Titans could very well be just as dead by then.

Any given Sunday...I mean, I get how it looks on paper, but lets not forget the Jags gave Denver a run for it's money and Texans almost beat New England.  I'm not saying it's probable by any means...but it's always possible.  Whatever the odds are in each individual game, it's never as bad as it looks on paper, which is why I think they'll win another game.  11 losses in a row is bad, but I'm betting on the "law of averages" as to why I chose yes.

Any given Sunday...I mean, I get how it looks on paper, but lets not forget the Jags gave Denver a run for it's money and Texans almost beat New England. I'm not saying it's probable by any means...but it's always possible. Whatever the odds are in each individual game, it's never as bad as it looks on paper, which is why I think they'll win another game. 11 losses in a row is bad, but I'm betting on the "law of averages" as to why I chose yes.

Any given Sunday requires effort to work. There isnt much of that left on the Texan's roster.

You know if you google "Suck for Luck" or "Colts sucked for Luck" all the pictures and photoshops are there......it's a fun joke and all but some take it much too seriously.

People were dead set on the idea of us tanking in 2011 so they did not see reality and still don't. We flat out were pretty darn bad and it's not like our division rivals who we beat were these spectacular power teams themselves. We were pretty mediorcre in 2010 too but still managed to scrape by into the postseason for a one and done vs. the Jets.

I mean yes we tanked so hard and so bad we just kinda FORGOT we were not supposed to win those two games at the end of the year.....even though the Rams/Vikings I believe were right on our tails for the first pick.

Of course you will have to excuse me, I hear Planet Nibiru is getting ready to make it's presence known to us Earthlings and I think I may go wait for it outside with my arms spread out to the sky.....

Yeah, the Colts didn't tank that season. They gave us a scare week 11. The Pats were leading 31-3 in the 4th quarter when the Colts reeled off 21 unanswered points but just came up short on an onside kick late.

Yeah, the Colts didn't tank that season. They gave us a scare week 11. The Pats were leading 31-3 in the 4th quarter when the Colts reeled off 21 unanswered points but just came up short on an onside kick late.

That season we proved what anyone who actually watched our games for the past decade already knew.  Many didn't want to believe we were that bad a team, but 2-14 speaks for itself. And those two wins were nail biters as I recall.

We were a bad team with a handful of great to very good players, and a whole mess of garbage. Given the nature of the NFL, it was a rarity we had all of those key players on the field at the same time and we had absolute crap for depth at nearly every position. Many of our starters stunk or were mediocre on a good day, so you can imagine how good our backups were. Clearly that included QB. Oh, and as an added bonus, we had arguably the most useless coach in NFL history.

curtis_painter-collapse.jpg

(Yes, that's the RCA dome imploding. Though it happened years prior, it perfectly symbolizes our "team" once the head got lopped off.)

Right now we're a few good players and a mess of mediocrity. I'd say one great one and that's Wayne, but he's out of the picture. Mathis arguably - if not great he's a very good DE. Luck might be great someday, but he's a long way from it. It would help if his line doesn't end his career before it happens.

The only part I'd still consider a trashbin is the O-line. It needs no explanation, just watch them play every week. By play I mean get turnstiled. Once in a while they'll have a decent game, then revert to their craptastic self for another three weeks in a row.

To answer the thread question:

Denver - lol no

Indy - Maybe. Is it our Jekyl or Hyde week?

Titans - Probably not.