Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free agent WR's

ColtsArmy84

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i couldn't disagree more. Dude was a joke in run d and could only get pressure when unblocked. Pags and grigs must have seen the same things I did

Mathis wasn't good against the run either.  All of that pressure on the QB was not from being unblocked.  If he had not been a 1st round pick everyone would not have judged him as harshly. Obviously Pags and Grigs were wrong as they have been on quite a few things.

Mathis wasn't good against the run either. All of that pressure on the QB was not from being unblocked. If he had not been a 1st round pick everyone would not have judged him as harshly. Obviously Pags and Grigs were wrong as they have been on quite a few things.

getting rid of him was the right move. We need olbers that can play the run

getting rid of him was the right move. We need olbers that can play the run

Getting rid of him was a horrible decision, Buffalo is laughing all the way to the bank.  Not only is he playing the run well, but he also is one of the better pass rushers in the league this year, which is something we have lacked in many games.

Getting rid of him was a horrible decision, Buffalo is laughing all the way to the bank. Not only is he playing the run well, but he also is one of the better pass rushers in the league this year, which is something we have lacked in many games.

i highly doubt it. I don't watch buffalo so I can't say how good or bad he has been playing. I am guessing much worse than his stats say

Watch the games, read the articles, look at PFF, read the Bills board, etc .... The they all say pretty much the same thing: he is a very good player.  And what did we get in return ... Kelvin "waste of a roster spot" Sheppard.  If Werner does not take the next step and become a viable pass rushing OLB the trade will look even worse.

Next year, i really hope we don't consider dishing out 60 + million for a WR. I will barf, if we give 'J.M.' that type of dough. We should draft a WR in the later rounds (KENNY BELL-NEBRASKA) and develope rogers and brazill.

1.WAYNE

2.HILTON

3.ROGERS

4.BRAZILL

5.K.BELL

6.MAURICE PURIFY (AFL)

Nobody is giving Jeremy Maclin that kind of money

I don't understand the hate against Walden.

He gets a one game suspension and people want to say he was a horrible acquisition.

The guy has been a very good FA signing along with Cherlius. If Landry or Toler wasn't injured as much as they are, they would be in that same group.

Rodgers will start getting more PT as the games come along, and DHB is slowly getting pushed out of the starting spot.

Watch the games, read the articles, look at PFF, read the Bills board, etc .... The they all say pretty much the same thing: he is a very good player. And what did we get in return ... Kelvin "waste of a roster spot" Sheppard. If Werner does not take the next step and become a viable pass rushing OLB the trade will look even worse.

bills boards, pff and reading the articles aren't good enough.

I have to actually see it

I would like to address the Rogers character issues thing: It really doesn't matter! Once the guy is evaluated and is put on the team, he is a Colt. You can't keep using the excuse of character issues when you are losing or at least struggling in games! My point is his issues can crop up while he is on the practice squad as easily as when he is scoring touchdowns so you use him while he is issue free and drop him if he falters. It's no different in reality ,than if a player is playing well and is then injured . He's just gone. Now if he can't get the playbook thats another story.

That's true. However, the inescapable truth is that we shouldn't have surrendered a first rounder for him. We'd have been better off giving up a 5th for Mikel Leshoure.

yeah but who's to say the Lions would have taken a 5th? as bad as he wanted out, the Lions could have made it impossible by asking for a 2nd or 3rd rounder which he is not worth either. atleast this way we have a young RB who can get better with Luck and Hilton and have the potential to be for example our next Manning, Harrison and James type trio. now only if we can find a future Wayne lol. 

Watch the games, read the articles, look at PFF, read the Bills board, etc .... The they all say pretty much the same thing: he is a very good player.  And what did we get in return ... Kelvin "waste of a roster spot" Sheppard.  If Werner does not take the next step and become a viable pass rushing OLB the trade will look even worse.

I still say we should have drafted Xavier Rhodes. we could use that position more then OLB. Walden isn't that bad, but obviously makes stupid decisions in the heat of the moment and lets his emotions get out of control. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

i highly doubt it. I don't watch buffalo so I can't say how good or bad he has been playing. I am guessing much worse than his stats say

bills boards, pff and reading the articles aren't good enough.

I have to actually see it

It's amazing to me that you can evaluate a player's performance without even watching him play.

everyone else is just looking at stats and evaluating

Anybody else find this funny?

Guest TeamLoloJones

I still say we should have drafted Xavier Rhodes. we could use that position more then OLB. Walden isn't that bad, but obviously makes stupid decisions in the heat of the moment and lets his emotions get out of control. 

Rhodes has look horrible this season.  I'm glad we didn't draft him.  If I could go back and re-do the draft, I would trade our 1st round pick for a 2014 2nd, and a mid 2013 3rd.  Then use the 3rd round pick on Keenan Allen, and then this year we would have have two 2nd round picks that we could have traded to get Josh Gordon.  

Rhodes has look horrible this season.  I'm glad we didn't draft him.  If I could go back and re-do the draft, I would trade our 1st round pick for a 2014 2nd, and a mid 2013 3rd.  Then use the 3rd round pick on Keenan Allen, and then this year we would have have two 2nd round picks that we could have traded to get Josh Gordon.  

Rhodes took a few weeks to come on, but the last month, he's been very good. From what I've seen.

everyone else is just looking at stats and evaluating

Set aside the fact that some of us actually have watched him play this year, and the sites that grade players based on observation have Hughes rated fairly well. This started because I said we needed another pass rusher. Hughes has 8 sacks this year; he's a pass rusher. The stats are very pertinent. Much more so than your insistence based on bitterness toward Jerry Hughes.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Rhodes took a few weeks to come on, but the last month, he's been very good. From what I've seen.

Yeah, and even the best Cbs struggle as rookies, but I've seen nothing from Rhodes to make me wish we drafted him.  Yet, at least.

Yeah, and even the best Cbs struggle at rookies, but I've seen nothing from Rhodes to make me wish we drafted him.  Yet, at least.

I watched a lot of the Vikings game this week. Was impressed with Rhodes. If we were to redraft, there are other players I'd take ahead of him and Werner, to be honest. But I still feel that he would have been a solid choice for us.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I watched a lot of the Vikings game this week. Was impressed with Rhodes. If we were to redraft, there are other players I'd take ahead of him and Werner, to be honest. But I still feel that he would have been a solid choice for us.

He has played better than Milliner, I'll give him that.

Guest TeamLoloJones

And Hayden. Trufant has been pretty good.

Hayden has shown flashes, but has been inconsistent.  Trufant looks like a solid guy.  Milliner looks like a complete bust.  Up and down with Rhodes.  I've actually been a little impressed with Gratz in Jacksonville.

Can we stop with the lets pick up a new WR for the remainder of the season crap. Let's stop fooling ourselves, no WR is going to come in here this late in a season and suddenly be a game changer. It's just not a good thing to even try. Unless that WR is Fitzgerald, Josh Gordon etc, you're just wasting money and time. I say we run Hilton, Brazil, Rogers with DHB on the bench. We'll just have to wait till March.

You can't just live in the now. Mathis is playing great, but he is getting up there in age. If the defense lost Mathis it would be in some serious doo doo cause no one else can rush the passer.

Rhodes hasn't been horrible this season. yeah he got off slow like any rookie would but in the last month or so he has been good. better then cassious vaughn 

Guest TeamLoloJones

Rhodes hasn't been horrible this season. yeah he got off slow like any rookie would but in the last month or so he has been good. better then cassious vaughn 

He has played better lately.  My opinion may be bias based on the fact I'm surrounded by Vikings fans constantly complaining about him. (And everyone else on the team)