Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

49ers @ Washington

Dustin

What would they do with clowney? They already have Long and Quinn. More than likely they trade out if their pick is that high.

Thats true. Its late and Im not thinking completely clearly. Still, if they get a 3 or a 4 and trade down again in this draft with Clowney and all the QBs, they could be swimming in draft picks just from passing on RG3. Its a tad silly.

Just setting things up for an epic RGIII comeback win. You all know it's coming. 49ers are now toast.

(like that Bills fan in the thread last night)

Oh no, my negative doom and gloom disease has spread... :P

Given how bumbling the skins have been this season, any comeback down 21 against one of the top defenses in football (and when your offense is currently having major issues) is essentially out of the question.

Nah, the Redskins are awful and we all knew it (I hope). I was just laughing because the 49'ers just ensured their own division got harder with that win. I wonder what the Rams will do with that top 10 pick they are getting from Washington this year?

What I cant believe is there was someone just last week who tries to claim this wasn't this generation's Herschel Walker deal.

If Sam Bradford becomes good, and they use those first rounders wisely - the Rams would be a terryfying prospect really.

Mike Tirico said on the broadcast last night that the Washington Redskins have the smallest offensive line in the NFL.  That's because they need quick, athleticlineman to run Shanny's zone running game, and it works pretty well.

However, when in pass protection, those small lineman get bullied off the line by bigger, stronger defensive tackles.  NFL Network said that, inside the pocket alone (not when he's running around), RG3 has taken more his this season than any other QB in the league.  His offensive line this year is like what Andrew Luck had last year, pathetic.

I respect Griffin's will to win, and his aggression, but he needs to stop being so stupid and running all the time and getting lit up.  You'd think he learned his lesson last year, but apparently not.

Add to that the fact that the Redskins are 3rd in the NFL in drops, and outside of Pierre Garcon, Griffin has nobody to throw to.  Oh, and the Redskins defense is the worst in the NFL.  Literally.  Dead last at 32nd.

THe Redskins are just an awful team. Period.

This was what I was trying to tell people here last year too (not you specifically) when people were saying how great of a team he had around him and how good his offensive line was when in actuality it was the scheme and a healthy QB that masked all of these deficiencies. Now that defenses have adjusted and play more disciplined, its time for Griffin to develop the other aspect of his game and the rest of the deficiencies on the team are now in the spotlight. So he's got to take his lumps that a QB normally takes in their rookie year with minimal help around him (outside of Morris/Garcon).

This was what I was trying to tell people here last year too (not you specifically) when people was saying how great of a team he had around him when in actuality it was the scheme and a healthy QB that masked all of these deficiencies. Now that defenses have adjusted, its time for Griffin to develop the other aspect of his game. So he's got to take his lumps that a QB normally takes in their rookie year.

Most were writing off Newton last year as well and look at him this year. And of course Luck has looked lost the last three games without Reggie and Kaep looks like a shadow of the QB he was last year. It takes time to develop as a QB but we want to crown guys or label them as busts after every game.

...we want to crown guys or label them as busts after every game.

yup. I said when he was drafted that I wouldn't make any real judgement for at least 3 years. Way too many other variables in play. I still stand by his potential though, which is the word I've been using with him the whole time. Not a finished product by any means.

Year...?????. don't you mean Game haha

Well last year the hyperbole was that RG3 was as good of a passer as Peyton Manning AND he was as mobile as Mike Vick. How the Pistol was the future of this sport and RG3 and Kap were revolutionizing the game.

Fast forward to this year, and people are questioning if Griffin should be benched.

Facinating stuff lol.

Well last year the hyperbole was that RG3 was as good of a passer as Peyton Manning AND he was as mobile as Mike Vick. How the Pistol was the future of this sport and RG3 and Kap were revolutionizing the game.

Fast forward to this year, and people are questioning if Griffin should be benched.

Facinating stuff lol.

Gotcha.   I was just "generalizing"  how people's opinions around here change from game to game these days.

Facinating stuff lol.

haha....one extreme to the other :) Most reasonable fans fall in the middle somewhere though - discount the blind homers/haters. Exposure when you're hot (last year) and exposure when you're cold (3-8 so far) highlight the good and the bad respectively and force it down our throats. For example, last year, Griffin was a good, honest interview, had a healthy ego, and was a good leader, now its just the opposite. Griffin himself hasn't really changed (at least according to those that deal with him on a regular basis), but the context has.