Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ray Lewis on Brees roughing the passer call...

Dustin

If you believe this guy is not lying , here's your answer to this....

On Tuesday, NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino said the officials in Sunday's game got the call right.

"You can't make forcible contact to the head or the neck area, even if the contact starts below the neck and rises up," Blandino explained in an appearance on NFL Network. "If there's force to that contact, it's a foul. Watch the initial contact, maybe around the shoulder, but it rides up into the neck area and brings the quarterback down with force.

"That's why the flag was thrown for unnecessary roughness."

If you believe this guy is not lying , here's your answer to this....

On Tuesday, NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino said the officials in Sunday's game got the call right.

"You can't make forcible contact to the head or the neck area, even if the contact starts below the neck and rises up," Blandino explained in an appearance on NFL Network. "If there's force to that contact, it's a foul. Watch the initial contact, maybe around the shoulder, but it rides up into the neck area and brings the quarterback down with force.

"That's why the flag was thrown for unnecessary roughness."

Ok then by that explanation it was the right call......still Just put flags on these QB's because ya cant touch them because if you do then any forceful hit could jar them and the neck and what could start out as a clean hit could turn into an accidental head or neck contact....Its really ridiculous

Ok then by that explanation it was the right call......still Just put flags on these QB's because ya cant touch them because if you do then any forceful hit could jar them and the neck and what could start out as a clean hit could turn into an accidental head or neck contact....Its really ridiculous

No, it's because planting the helmet into the chest of the QB and rising up under the facemask was a common tactic used by defenders. Not that they tried to hurt anyone.......lol

Thing is they (the NFL) decided to make this a passing league . I guess they figured it's what would draw the most fans support. Then along come all these juiced up 260 lb speeding bullets that are tearing all the QB's a new one. Although I can see your point , I also see the need to protect the QBs.

His shoulder pad hits Brees right under the the side of his helmet. I don't understand the controversy over this call...it seemed pretty obvious to me.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 21, 2013 - personal
Hidden by Nadine, November 21, 2013 - personal

Who's talking about conspiracy theories? If I didn't know any better, I would say you're obsessed with anything I post on here that you disagree with.

Are you honestly getting upset with me? Geez Louise, I thought this was a game. You really can't afford to be that sensitive if you are going to :atroll:.  One would think that I gave you exactly what you were looking for.

For the record:

c) My response was irreverent, not cruel, and prodded Colts fans as well as yourself. It correlated your apparent martyrdom about the Saints ("everyone hates us") to Jules equally unusual interpretations of reality as referenced above. Frankly it never occurred to me that either of you didn't have your tongue planted firmly in your cheek most of the time. Jules read the same post and responded with self-deprecating humor, which I "liked".

d) I'm not obsessed with you, I'm obsessed with Peyton Manning. I'm just a little irritated by your coming into virtually EVERY thread about Peyton to make obnoxious, inaccurate and hateful comments designed to anger and derail. I'm generally unwilling to give you the satisfaction of a response.  In this particular thread I made an exception since it seems to me that it could benefit from a good derailment. Note that - unlike you - I spent a considerable amount of time actually complimenting your favorite QB, instead of pretending that I thought he stunk just to get under your skin. It's interesting that you chose to ignore all of that in your response.

e) I've enjoyed chatting with you about music recently - going out of my way to reach out to you when we appeared to have something in common. I'm here to make friends if at all possible. I even had the mods edit the post you were responding to because I thought that I had gone a little farther than I desired.

In summary, it seems to me that you're primary purpose here is to aggravate people into arguing pointlessly with you. With that in mind, I'm not entirely clear about what you are complaining about. Never-the-less you seem like an interesting enough character that I've made a point of being civil instead of working to leave you frothing in frustration - something of which I'm more than capable.

So the question is, are you playing, or are you genuinely insulted, and genuinely of the opinion that "everyone" hates the Saints. If the later, the short answer is "I meant no harm, and your view of the Saints is both inaccurate and unhealthy". If the former, tally ho.

I'd rather the refs protect the QB's safe in the knowledge we can watch Manning v Brady, Luck v Wilson and Brees v Rodgers rather than Painter v Tebow, Sorgi v JaMarcus Russell and Tuel v Griffin.

We were once all cavemen, and look at us now. Things evolve for a reason.

I really think people who watch sport find it more as a source to fight and quibble about, rather than to enjoy.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 20, 2013 - reference edited post
Hidden by Nadine, November 20, 2013 - reference edited post

Are you honestly getting upset with me? Geez Louise, I thought this was a game. You really can't afford to be that sensitive if you are going to :atroll:.  One would think that I gave you exactly what you were looking for.

For the record:

a) Jules talks about conspiracy theories all the time (ie: NY/Boston teams get preferential treatment, the league fixes games to get the teams who will get the best ratings into the playoffs).

b) Jules has stated that she is a friend of yours and that she brought you here. She often defends you.

c) My response was irreverent, not cruel, and prodded Colts fans as well as yourself. It correlated your apparent martyrdom about the Saints ("everyone hates us") to Jules equally unusual interpretations of reality as referenced above. Frankly it never occurred to me that either of you didn't have your tongue planted firmly in your cheek most of the time. Jules read the same post and responded with self-deprecating humor, which I "liked".

d) I'm not obsessed with you, I'm obsessed with Peyton Manning. I'm just a little irritated by your coming into virtually EVERY thread about Peyton to make obnoxious, inaccurate and hateful comments designed to anger and derail. I'm generally unwilling to give you the satisfaction of a response.  In this particular thread I made an exception since it seems to me that it could benefit from a good derailment. Note that - unlike you - I spent a considerable amount of time actually complimenting your favorite QB, instead of pretending that I thought he stunk just to get under your skin. It's interesting that you chose to ignore all of that in your response.

e) I've enjoyed chatting with you about music recently - going out of my way to reach out to you when we appeared to have something in common. I'm here to make friends if at all possible. I even had the mods edit the post you were responding to because I thought that I had gone a little farther than I desired.

In summary, it seems to me that you're primary purpose here is to aggravate people into arguing pointlessly with you. With that in mind, I'm not entirely clear about what you are complaining about. Never-the-less you seem like an interesting enough character that I've made a point of being civil instead of working to leave you frothing in frustration - something of which I'm more than capable.

So the question is, are you playing, or are you genuinely insulted, and genuinely of the opinion that "everyone" hates the Saints. If the later, the short answer is "I meant no harm, and your view of the Saints is both inaccurate and unhealthy". If the former, tally ho.

You are good.....really good. You just painted me out to be a stupid irrational conspiracy theorist and Bogie as an anger filled frothing at the mouth Saints obsessed lunatic while you are a compassionate yet caring Peyton fan victim of internet brutality...

I don't know how you do it but you did it. I laughed it off initially on page 1 but this is actually pretty entertaining so it was worthy of a response.

Have a good day!

I'd rather the refs protect the QB's safe in the knowledge we can watch Manning v Brady, Luck v Wilson and Brees v Rodgers rather than Painter v Tebow, Sorgi v JaMarcus Russell and Tuel v Griffin.

I really think people who watch sport find it more as a source to fight and quibble about, rather than to enjoy.

Two words: Premiere League. The fandoms are vaguely similae lol.

I would not have thrown a flag, QB's are way to protected anyway

Yet this forum frets over Luck taking a beating week in and week out. People act like defenders aren't allowed to sneeze on a QB, but how many have been injured this year? Quite a few.

Fans can whine about quarterbacks getting protected, but let's be honest, those same fans aren't tuning into Denver vs NE to watch Mallet vs Osweiler.

Yet this forum frets over Luck taking a beating week in and week out. People act like defenders aren't allowed to sneeze on a QB, but how many have been injured this year? Quite a few.

Fans can whine about quarterbacks getting protected, but let's be honest, those same fans aren't tuning into Denver vs NE to watch Mallet vs Osweiler.

Exactly.

I was going to ironically disagree, but - well - I can't.