Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Think Kirk Cousins' Is A Better Choice Than Luck...

This has to be right up there with one of the worst idea's ever suggested..... EVER!!! Out of all the QB's in this draft, Cousins would be about the last one that should be picked(if he gets picked at all). The guy is horrible and makes horrible decisions. Really makes me wonder if the OP has any clue what so ever about football. espesially with the mod edit comparisons to Leaf, yet again. I've said before that anybody that makes that comparison automatically should be ignored and considered football clueless, and this thread proves my point.

What do you think now?Do you still have this opinion of him(cousins)?It seems that i know a lot more about football than you...duuude.I will give you a line from a stephen king movie called christine:"you don't know half as much as you think you do...mod edit.

This has to be right up there with one of the worst idea's ever suggested..... EVER!!! Out of all the QB's in this draft, Cousins would be about the last one that should be picked(if he gets picked at all). The guy is horrible and makes horrible decisions. Really makes me wonder if the OP has any clue what so ever about football. espesially with the mod edit comparisons to Leaf, yet again. I've said before that anybody that makes that comparison automatically should be ignored and considered football clueless, and this thread proves my point.

Not that I see Cousins as an ideal NFL prospect, I think your tone makes you look less intelligent than the OP you criticize, and Cousins made you look like a fool yesterday.

Not that I see Cousins as an ideal NFL prospect, I think your tone makes you look less intelligent than the OP you criticize, and Cousins made you look like a fool yesterday.

DQ you're my hero~.Man crush~. :heart: HAHAHA!....

But seriously,i really think you're one of our best posters within the forum.I've always respected your opinions and perspective.I hope you can post more,but recently it seems you're too busy or depressed(yeah,the season kind of sucks now,i know).

What do you think now?Do you still have this opinion of him(cousins)?It seems that i know a lot more about football than you...duuude.I will give you a line from a stephen king movie called christine:"you don't know half as much as you think you do...mod edit".

My opinion has not changed one bit. He makes bad decisions most of the time and he not a very accurate QB most of the time. Maybe im not not a NFL scout but I sure know enough not to base my opinions off of 1 game, and considering your the guy that continues to say the Colts will make the playoffs im completely positive I still know more than you.

Really, your basing this on one game. Seems like you may be getting as reactionary as many others here. I thought you were better than that.

Edited by shecolt

Oh, and by the way, I'll admit im wrong about Cousins when I see him in the NFL and be anything more than what Curtis Painter is right now. I don't think I'll have to worry about it though. I base my opinions over a long period of time and Cousins is not that good.

Edited by Balzer40

My opinion has not changed one bit. He makes bad decisions most of the time and he not a very accurate QB most of the time. Maybe im not not a NFL scout but I sure know enough not to base my opinions off of 1 game, and considering your the guy that continues to say the Colts will make the playoffs im completely positive I still know more than you.

Really, your basing this on one game. Seems like you may be getting as reactionary as many others here. I thought you were better than that.

I don't want to get off topic here,so i'll keep it short.I never said that WE WILL make the playoffs.I just stated the possibility is still there.I hope that we can turn things around and give it a go this year,even if it is a manningless lead team.Just because we don't have manning doesn't mean we should just throw in the towel.

And now back to the awesomeness of kirk cousins and his doug flutie like heroics.

Oh, and by the way, I'll admit im wrong about Cousins when I see him in the NFL and be anything more than what Curtis Painter is right now. I don't think I'll have to worry about it though. I base my opinions over a long period of time and Cousins is not that good.

I would love for MSU to have an opportunity to play agains't luck this year.That defense would nail him from all directions.I don't think luck has been tested enough.He(andrew)is surrounded by a lot of talent,so we don't really know just how much of that success is andrews'.Its a possiblity that he's another matt leinart.He also came from a simliar team.Just like i said...kirk is a better choice and that's just one mans humble opinion.

I would love for MSU to have an opportunity to play agains't luck this year.That defense would nail him from all directions.I don't think luck has been tested enough.He(andrew)is surrounded by a lot of talent,so we don't really know just how much of that success is andrews'.Its a possiblity that he's another matt leinart.He also came from a simliar team.Just like i said...kirk is a better choice and that's just one mans humble opinion.

If you like Cousins, then thats great, but please don't act as if the Big 10 is such a better conference than the pac 10, because its just not true. The Big 10 sucks and , in my humble opinon, Stanford would beat Michigan State by 2 td's and possibly more. There are people here that are dead set against taking Luck and I have no problem with that if thats their opinion, but Luck has been destroying teams for 3 yrs. now so for people to say "he hasn't been tested" is utter nonsense IMO. He didn't just start playing good this yr.. Luck would have been the 1st pick in the draft for the last 2 drafts if he would have decided to come out at those times.

Edited by Balzer40

If you like Cousins, then thats great, but please don't act as if the Big 10 is such a better conference than the pac 10, because its just not true. The Big 10 sucks and , in my humble opinon, Stanford would beat Michigan State by 2 td's and possibly more. There are people here that are dead set against taking Luck and I have no problem with that if thats their opinion, but Luck has been destroying teams for 3 yrs. now so for people to say "he hasn't been tested" is utter nonsense IMO. He didn't just start playing good this yr.. Luck would have been the 1st pick in the draft for the last 2 drafts if he would have decided to come out at those times.

I like luck,...i really do.But there's a zero...nada...noway...not a chance that we draft him with that first overall pick(unless its a draft and then trade situation with washington).So familiarize yourself with cousins',because that's going to be our guy.Be happy about it,because he's a great choice and will become a future star in the nfl.The colts have a long history of drafting big ten QBS(painter/sorgi).I'm sure we're scouting him now with the help of blair white. :highfive:

I like luck,...i really do.But there's a zero...nada...noway...not a chance that we draft him with that first overall pick(unless its a draft and then trade situation with washington).So familiarize yourself with cousins',because that's going to be our guy.Be happy about it,because he's a great choice and will become a future star in the nfl.The colts have a long history of drafting big ten QBS(painter/sorgi).I'm sure we're scouting him now with the help of blair white. :highfive:

Well, if want to continue to live in your fantasy land then have a good time, but im going to remain here in the realm of reality and just wait till the draft.

Well, if want to continue to live in your fantasy land then have a good time, but im going to remain here in the realm of reality and just wait till the draft.

I wouldn't knock fantasy land if i were you,because its a pretty sweeeeeeeeeeeeet place.It has a way of becoming reality.Just ask the badgers. :rock:

I don't know why people want a qb this year. Manning is coming back and Painter is showing he can be a decent backup. We need to fix the interior of the oline specifically at guard. I see Pollak moving to center. I'm not saying pick a guard in the first, just saying i'd like our oline to be better.

If that were really true and you were going to "wait till the draft" then you wouldn't be telling people to get used to the idea that the Colts WILL draft Luck (your words, not mine) if given the chance. ;)

I like Cousins but I don't think he's better than Ryan Tannehill or Nick Foles. Cousins has the physical tools but his head just isn't to the same point to match his physical skills. He makes poor decisions more often than the other top QB prospects. If he can get his head to the match his physical skills then I do think he could be a very good NFL QB.

If that were really true and you were going to "wait till the draft" then you wouldn't be telling people to get used to the idea that the Colts WILL draft Luck (your words, not mine) if given the chance. ;)

Yep, I said that. I said it because they're are quite a few here that seem like they may commit suicide if we draft Luck because they feel their evaluations of other players are much more accurate than all the professionals out there that get paid to evaluate these players every single day.

Yep, I said that. I said it because they're are quite a few here that seem like they may commit suicide if we draft Luck because they feel their evaluations of other players are much more accurate than all the professionals out there that get paid to evaluate these players every single day.

Which proves the point that I was trying to make...you tried to take the high road and say "yeah I'll wait till the draft to see what happens" which is very hypocritical when you take other comments into consideration such as "people need to accept that the Colts WILL TAKE LUCK if given the chance." ;)

To what you said about the "suicidal anti-Luckers", there are some who blindly believe what they are told without bothering to look for themselves and then there are people who like to see for themselves. These professionals are not perfect and there is plenty of proof of that....Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Vinny Testaverde, Jamarcus Russell, Brandon Siler (not a QB but the "experts" projected him as a top 20 pick...he fell to the 6th round), and many, many others.

I would never say that the Colts will absolutely trade the pick...I'm not so vain that I would pretend to know what they will do at this very early stage. There is still way too many variables that have yet to play out...what will Peyton's health status be, how will prospects do at the combine, how will private workouts and interviews go? Way too much yet to play out to make it seem like it's such an easy black and white decision. ;)

I think I'm starting to like to idea of drafting Luck....

BTW Kirk Cousins is no where close the level of Andrew Luck. He's only thrown 11 TDs to Lucks 20, and Luck doesn't exactly have the greatest team around him. Luck is the pick if anything... Cousins is late 2nd round at best.

I think I'm starting to like to idea of drafting Luck....

BTW Kirk Cousins is no where close the level of Andrew Luck. He's only thrown 11 TDs to Lucks 20, and Luck doesn't exactly have the greatest team around him. Luck is the pick if anything... Cousins is late 2nd round at best.

:facepalm:

Which proves the point that I was trying to make...you tried to take the high road and say "yeah I'll wait till the draft to see what happens" which is very hypocritical when you take other comments into consideration such as "people need to accept that the Colts WILL TAKE LUCK if given the chance." ;)

To what you said about the "suicidal anti-Luckers", there are some who blindly believe what they are told without bothering to look for themselves and then there are people who like to see for themselves. These professionals are not perfect and there is plenty of proof of that....Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Vinny Testaverde, Jamarcus Russell, Brandon Siler (not a QB but the "experts" projected him as a top 20 pick...he fell to the 6th round), and many, many others.

I would never say that the Colts will absolutely trade the pick...I'm not so vain that I would pretend to know what they will do at this very early stage. There is still way too many variables that have yet to play out...what will Peyton's health status be, how will prospects do at the combine, how will private workouts and interviews go? Way too much yet to play out to make it seem like it's such an easy black and white decision. ;)

I think this all is going to be a moot point anyway. After the incredible display of incompetance from Miami today, blowing a 15 point lead in 3 minutes to a terrible Denver team, it is becoming abundantly clear that the organization is completely on board with the "suck for Luck" project.

I think this all is going to be a moot point anyway. After the incredible display of incompetance from Miami today, blowing a 15 point lead in 3 minutes to a terrible Denver team, it is becoming abundantly clear that the organization is completely on board with the "suck for Luck" project.

j

Add to that the fact that I think we have a better chance of winning 3-4 games on our remaining schedule than Washington may have in even winning one. lol

You merely said "the most nfl ready".You mentioned nothing about "decade type player".And 'yes',they did say that about leaf over manning.

many experts have said he is the best prospect since elway. i don't know why people keep saying it's just because he is "nfl ready." that just isn't true.

The next time, the coaches may sabotage the play calling in subtle ways to lose it. Did you hear about Langford, their DT saying in public "everyone knew Tebow was going to run, the whole stadium knew Tebow was going to run for the 2 pt. conversion but they kept the heavy run D package on the sidelines"???? Hmmm...

Yes, the Broncos spread it out with multiple WRs for the Dolphins to match up CBs for. But, down the middle, they should have had the heavy run formation D. Well, Miami gave the Colts a challenge on suckage, and we accepted :).

For those keeping score..... Kirk Cousins absolutely stunk versus Nebraska today.

He absolutely stunk to high heavens, completing just 11 of 27 for 86 yards.... with 4 sacks and 4 interceptions

All these guys we're arguing about are gonna have an off day... including Luck.

But this was lower than whalecrap bad.

Trent Edwards, Brian Hoyer, Drew Stanton, all backup QB material from Michigan State, that is how Kirk Cousins will end up based on how inconsistent he has been.

One guy I have ALWAYS been high on is Ryan Tannehill. People get scared of him because he has played QB for just more than a year but if you are going to get 1 or 2 more years out of Peyton and you do not land the No.1 pick, we might be better off trading down in round 1 and getting Tannehill, to be honest.

Unfortunately, that Oklahoma State QBs Weeden's age being 28 is going to deter a lot of teams but to me, he would be like a Kyle Orton kind (when Orton was playing well last year and years before), he seems to be pretty darn accurate to me.

Oklahoma State has defensive talent, for all the offensive exploits that gets talked about, to me.

Edited by chad72

For those keeping score..... Kirk Cousins absolutely stunk versus Nebraska today.

He absolutely stunk to high heavens, completing just 11 of 27 for 86 yards.... with 4 sacks and 4 interceptions

and the nebraska secondary has been torched by every decent qb they have played this year! this game was the best the nebraska defense has looked all year.

what happened to kirk cousins#8??????

What we seen from Cousins yesterday was more the norm for him and not the Lucky game he had last week. I was called foolish for saying Cousins was a bad QB before last weeks lucky game and now I still haven't seen his defenders after this weeks debacle. I guess I feel a little vindicated now because yesterdays game was the real Kurt Cousins.

What we seen from Cousins yesterday was more the norm for him and not the Lucky game he had last week. I was called foolish for saying Cousins was a bad QB before last weeks lucky game and now I still haven't seen his defenders after this weeks debacle. I guess I feel a little vindicated now because yesterdays game was the real Kurt Cousins.

Much like you stated earlier..."a single game doesn't label a player good or bad".It was an off day and everybody has an off day...now and then.I wouldn't look much into it.He's still the best quarterback in the country IMHO.

He had only 1 pick...not 4.Just an off day...nothing else.

and the nebraska secondary has been torched by every decent qb they have played this year! this game was the best the nebraska defense has looked all year.

what happened to kirk cousins#8??????

Like i've stated many times before.The offensive system installed at 'MSU' is built around the running game as first option.This isn't a passing team by any means.He(cousins)doesn't have many receiving options,if any.I can think of just one(nichols).And let's clarify that he only had 1 pick and not the four stated previously.

P.S.Don't let stats fool you.If you follow the statline,then kellen moore is better than luck or cousins,which isn't the case.In fact;kellen moore isn't even going to get drafted,because of his dwarfish size(not even 6 feet tall and 190 pounds).

You're right.... he had 4 going into the game..... my bad.

I know he played bad,but it wasn't end all kinda bad.He'll bounce back next week.The one fault of cousins' is he tends to play average on the road,which he must improve.But regardless;he's still a great quarterback prospect for the colts come draft day.He has good size,cannon arm and accurate.Plus his personality fits the colts mold exactly.

Like i've stated many times before.The offensive system installed at 'MSU' is built around the running game as first option.This isn't a passing team by any means.He(cousins)doesn't have many receiving options,if any.I can think of just one(nichols).And let's clarify that he only had 1 pick and not the four stated previously.

P.S.Don't let stats fool you.If you follow the statline,then kellen moore is better than luck or cousins,which isn't the case.In fact;kellen moore isn't even going to get drafted,because of his dwarfish size(not even 6 feet tall and 190 pounds).

i didn't post or use any stats. he played terrible against a bad nebraska defense (i have WATCHED every one of their games this year). that gives me no confidence with him at the next level.

i didn't post or use any stats. he played terrible against a bad nebraska defense (i have WATCHED every one of their games this year). that gives me no confidence with him at the next level.

just throwing this out there. Yes I know the stat lines don't always tell the whole story but to be fair, Nebraska's pass defense is ranked #12 in the nation which is top 10%. That's based on total yards and 3 of the teams ahead of them have played one less game than Nebraska.

just throwing this out there. Yes I know the stat lines don't always tell the whole story but to be fair, Nebraska's pass defense is ranked #12 in the nation which is top 10%. That's based on total yards and 3 of the teams ahead of them have played one less game than Nebraska.

that's why i don't pay a lot of attention to stats. i didn't comment on cousins until i saw him play. ohio state's starting qb was 5-8-0 95 when he got hurt, the back up went 1-10-1 13. nebraska doesn't win that game if the starter doesn't get injured. wisconsin's qb was doing anything he wanted against neb 14-20-0 255 (most of the incompletions were drops). the best passing offense neb has faced is the #37 passing offense. big 10 teams are always going to give up less passing yards, because the conference doesn't pass much as a whole.

Edited by husker61

He's one of the 100s of other QBs in college football not named Andrew Luck that most casual observers would know nothing about.

It was a joke. he is a bust. and so is Foles. just saying it.. i'm writing it here just for you Jason, feel free to keep having an agenda against me, and BTW, you're free to check back in this post, in let's say 2 years from now to verify my accuracy. :yay: