Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ed Reed and the Texans

dw49

Glad some of you guys are not our GM. What a putrid signing...

The Houston Texans' front office isn't alone in being frustrated with the team's coaching staff.

Veteran safety Ed Reed said the Texans were "outplayed and outcoached" in their 27-24 loss to the Arizona Cardinals, the team's seventh straight defeat.

"You watching the game and it ain't (a) no-brainer," he said,per the Houston Chronicle. "Certain situations, it's like we got to get off the field. We need a three-and-out. But you've also got to come on as an offense and move the ball. You can't go three-and-out and put your defense back on the field that quick. And then that (last scoring drive) that they had, I'm looking at it like guys are a little fatigued. Eventually they're going to figure out what you're doing if you're doing the same old things."

Reed played just 13 snaps as a backup, according to Pro Football Focus. He wasn't backing down from his criticism of his teammates and coaches.

Glad some of you guys are not our GM. What a putrid signing...

The Houston Texans' front office isn't alone in being frustrated with the team's coaching staff.

Veteran safety Ed Reed said the Texans were "outplayed and outcoached" in their 27-24 loss to the Arizona Cardinals, the team's seventh straight defeat.

"You watching the game and it ain't (a) no-brainer," he said,per the Houston Chronicle. "Certain situations, it's like we got to get off the field. We need a three-and-out. But you've also got to come on as an offense and move the ball. You can't go three-and-out and put your defense back on the field that quick. And then that (last scoring drive) that they had, I'm looking at it like guys are a little fatigued. Eventually they're going to figure out what you're doing if you're doing the same old things."

Reed played just 13 snaps as a backup, according to Pro Football Focus. He wasn't backing down from his criticism of his teammates and coaches.

Its comments like these that make Ed Reed one of my least favorite players despite his man crush on Belichick. How many times in Baltimore did his O go three and out or turn over the ball? Quite a bit and their offense is one of the most predictable in the league. He needs to keep quiet. He has made no impact this season and is not in position to question a coaching staff that had the guts to start their third string QB who is turning out to look pretty good.

Its comments like these that make Ed Reed one of my least favorite players despite his man crush on Belichick. How many times in Baltimore did his O go three and out or turn over the ball? Quite a bit and their offense is one of the most predictable in the league. He needs to keep quiet. He has made no impact this season and is not in position to question a coaching staff that had the guts to start their third string QB who is turning out to look pretty good.

Plus all that , the head coach was absent due to having a stroke. So not only more classless , but for sure falling on deaf ears. Plus why bother , he got his check for 6-7 million , the team is 2-7 and he will be a 2014 cap casualty. Some guys just have another butt  in their skull rather than a brain.

I like Ozzie but not re-signing Reed was a no brainer IMO.

I know , but if you lived in Baltimore, you would know Ed danced to his own tune in terms of showing up, or not, with injuries. You can see why Ozzie cleaned house. The Ravens won, and the window had slammed shut. The current Ravens team is not great, but not horrible either. Besides the Denver game, the Ravens have lost four games by a total of 14 points. They have some nice pieces, but need much more. An old Ed Reed would not have helped. Our O line must be completely retooled.

I know , but if you lived in Baltimore, you would know Ed danced to his own tune in terms of showing up, or not, with injuries. You can see why Ozzie cleaned house. The Ravens won, and the window had slammed shut. The current Ravens team is not great, but not horrible either. Besides the Denver game, the Ravens have lost four games by a total of 14 points. They have some nice pieces, but need much more. An old Ed Reed would not have helped. Our O line must be completely retooled.

Here are Joe Flacco's numbers - 12 TDs, 11 picks, 59 percent completion percentage (second lowest of his career). 77 QB raing (lowest of his career). 

For all the great moves Ozzie has made over the years, paying Flacco that ridiculous contract may have been his worst and may cost the Ravens a chance at being a champion down the road.

Here are Joe Flacco's numbers - 12 TDs, 11 picks, 59 percent completion percentage (second lowest of his career). 77 QB raing (lowest of his career). 

For all the great moves Ozzie has made over the years, paying Flacco that ridiculous contract may have been his worst and may cost the Ravens a chance at being a champion down the road.

I totally disagree. That is now the going rate for a winning quarterback. If you give up on a quarterback who has taken you to the playoffs five straight years and won a Super Bowl , you risk becoming a team like the Ravens were before Flacco came there. You had Vinnie Testaverde, Tony Banks, Scott Mitchell , Stoney Case , Kyle Boller, Anderson, and on and on. You don't want to have to keep trying to get a franchise quarterback like the Browns or Jaguars, when you have a competent quarterback who you know will win in the playoffs. Unfortunately, this is now the going rate for quarterbacks.

Where else would the Ravens have found a quarterback ? Do you let your starting quarterback go like you did before with Dilfer, after a Super Bowl win. Ozzie made the right move here because he had to get Flacco signed, so he could put together the rest of the team. I have no doubt Joe will restructure his contract aka Brady in a few years. Also , you know darn well how bad the Ravens offensive line , running backs, and some receivers have been this year. That accounts for a large part of Joe's struggles, on all fairness.

That being said. , the Ravens are 4-5 playing at a Cutler-less Bears team in Chicago. Then three home games in a row against the Jets , Steelers and Vikings. The key will be winning on the road where we stink, but if they get that one , they could be looking at 8-5. Pitta then would be looking to return, and the Ravens could be a dangerous # 6 seed , or win the division. A loss at Chicago would probably end the season.

I totally disagree. That is now the going rate for a winning quarterback. If you give up on a quarterback who has taken you to the playoffs five straight years and won a Super Bowl , you risk becoming a team like the Ravens were before Flacco came there. You had Vinnie Testaverde, Tony Banks, Scott Mitchell , Stoney Case , Kyle Boller, Anderson, and on and on. You don't want to have to keep trying to get a franchise quarterback like the Browns or Jaguars, when you have a competent quarterback who you know will win in the playoffs. Unfortunately, this is now the going rate for quarterbacks.

Where else would the Ravens have found a quarterback ? Do you let your starting quarterback go like you did before with Dilfer, after a Super Bowl win. Ozzie made the right move here because he had to get Flacco signed, so he could put together the rest of the team. I have no doubt Joe will restructure his contract aka Brady in a few years. Also , you know darn well how bad the Ravens offensive line , running backs, and some receivers have been this year. That accounts for a large part of Joe's struggles, on all fairness.

That being said. , the Ravens are 4-5 playing at a Cutler-less Bears team in Chicago. Then three home games in a row against the Jets , Steelers and Vikings. The key will be winning on the road where we stink, but if they get that one , they could be looking at 8-5. Pitta then would be looking to return, and the Ravens could be a dangerous # 6 seed , or win the division. A loss at Chicago would probably end the season.

Joe's stats bear out that he is a middle of the pack QB - no pro bowls, no seasons in which he has thrown for more than 25 TDs, etc. His playoff wins were largely led by his defense, not him. That cannot be disputed other than last year's run. And look at this year. While he has lost guys to FA and injury, Ozzie is paying him to carry the team on his shoulders which he cannot do which is indicated by his worst statistical season.

I agree that you needed to sign Joe but don't believe you had to make him the highest paid QB in the league at the time. Also, again, if Ozzie believed Joe was "the guy" then why did he refuse to sign him last off-season when Joe was asking for less than what they actually paid him at seaon's end?

lol....there were many Texan fans that thought he was the missing piece to a Super Bowl team.

I remember one individual on here running his mouth about some nonsense like they don't need him now;  they just need him for when they play the Patriots in the playoffs.

I should go back in the archives and unearth that gem.

lol....there were many Texan fans that thought he was the missing piece to a Super Bowl team.

I remember one individual on here running his mouth about some nonsense like they don't need him now;  they just need him for when they play the Patriots in the playoffs.

I should go back in the archives and unearth that gem.

I'm glad you care so much about my thoughts that you would spend time doing that. The only poster on here who runs his mouth is you, and I'm pretty sure every last one of your 130 posts are directed at dogging me or the Texans lol. A life is a good thing; You should get one.

I'm glad you care so much about my thoughts that you would spend time doing that. The only poster on here who runs his mouth is you, and I'm pretty sure every last one of your 130 posts are directed at dogging me or the Texans lol. A life is a good thing; You should get one.

Don't worry about him. He picked a fight with me, the thread got locked, and he felt the need to tell me I would never get the last word and he would fight me in real life. Then blocked me so I couldn't respond lol.

Some people just like how tough they sound online it seems.

Don't worry about him. He picked a fight with me, the thread got locked, and he felt the need to tell me I would never get the last word and he would fight me in real life. Then blocked me so I couldn't respond lol.

Some people just like how tough they sound online it seems.

Sounds similar to another guy that got banned...I'll just practice selective reading whenever one of his posts comes up again.

Sounds similar to another guy that got banned...I'll just practice selective reading whenever one of his posts comes up again.

I have my fingers crossed he sees my post quoted in your reply, unblocks me, and invites me to Texas again to a fisticuffs duel.

I have my fingers crossed he sees my post quoted in your reply, unblocks me, and invites me to Texas again to a fisticuffs duel.

haha I think it would be worth the flight. Those "tough" guys conveniently forget their addresses whenever things get serious though, happens on FB and Twitter all the time too lol. You'd end up in Kentucky instead of Texas.

haha I think it would be worth the flight. Those "tough" guys conveniently forget their addresses whenever things get serious though, happens on FB and Twitter all the time too lol. You'd end up in Kentucky instead of Texas.

I mean I feel like if I'm going to travel he should at least pay for half my ticket right? Or at least let me collect the frequent flier miles.

Joe's stats bear out that he is a middle of the pack QB - no pro bowls, no seasons in which he has thrown for more than 25 TDs, etc. His playoff wins were largely led by his defense, not him. That cannot be disputed other than last year's run. And look at this year. While he has lost guys to FA and injury, Ozzie is paying him to carry the team on his shoulders which he cannot do which is indicated by his worst statistical season.

I agree that you needed to sign Joe but don't believe you had to make him the highest paid QB in the league at the time. Also, again, if Ozzie believed Joe was "the guy" then why did he refuse to sign him last off-season when Joe was asking for less than what they actually paid him at seaon's end?

Ozzie certainly had some doubts about Joe the year before, but once your MVP of the Super Bowl, the leverage changed. Despite blowing up the team, they are only one game under 500 with Flacco. Look at Ryan And Shaub many on this forum compared to Flacco. I will take a winner like Flacco every time.

haha I think it would be worth the flight. Those "tough" guys conveniently forget their addresses whenever things get serious though, happens on FB and Twitter all the time too lol. You'd end up in Kentucky instead of Texas.

Some times wishes do come true Quiz lol.

Give that man some aloe vera cause he just got burned!!!!!!!!!

:funny:  :lol:

haha I knew you couldn't resist me little buddy :).

Why don't you go ahead and tough talk me, and immediately put me on ignore again? That's where the smart money is.

you so totally pulled the leash!!!! :funny:  :lol:

Y'all got me in stitches here

Ozzie certainly had some doubts about Joe the year before, but once your MVP of the Super Bowl, the leverage changed. Despite blowing up the team, they are only one game under 500 with Flacco. Look at Ryan And Shaub many on this forum compared to Flacco. I will take a winner like Flacco every time.

Sure. I am not arguing Joe perse but Ozzie. He has tied up a ton of money in a QB that does not have the stats to back it up. You can call him a winner but much of that was the team around him (Rice and that D). As things move forward and the rebuild continues, Joe's contract will have an effect. It already did this year with the Ravens trading Boldin who they really could have used given the injuries and such not to mention his play making ability. If you are going to praise Ozzie as a great GM then you have to be fair about his handling of Flacco as you never want to miss with the most expensive position in football.

You record has as much to do with playing in the AFC North as anything else. The Steelers and Browns are in rebuild mode and the Bengals have yet to prove that they can win when it counts. You still deserve credit for sure and I like your chances to win the North but if you were in the NFC South you would be lucky to have two wins with the Saints and Panthers ahead of you.

Sure. I am not arguing Joe perse but Ozzie. He has tied up a ton of money in a QB that does not have the stats to back it up. You can call him a winner but much of that was the team around him (Rice and that D). As things move forward and the rebuild continues, Joe's contract will have an effect. It already did this year with the Ravens trading Boldin who they really could have used given the injuries and such not to mention his play making ability. If you are going to praise Ozzie as a great GM then you have to be fair about his handling of Flacco as you never want to miss with the most expensive position in football.

You record has as much to do with playing in the AFC North as anything else. The Steelers and Browns are in rebuild mode and the Bengals have yet to prove that they can win when it counts. You still deserve credit for sure and I like your chances to win the North but if you were in the NFC South you would be lucky to have two wins with the Saints and Panthers ahead of you.

You know all too well that Joe's contract in manageable for the first three years. In years four and five it goes up, but I'm sure he will restructure. He has made enough money to keep him mighty wings for a long time. If he doesn't restructure , Ozzie would probably look at making a cut , depending on how the team looked at the time. Sure he doesn't have the Manning or Brady stats, but guess what , guys like Cutler are going to get similar money because it 's a quarterback driven league , and there are only so many decent quarterbacks out there.

As for the AFC North , they may be down this year , but the Steelers and Ravens have two Super Bowls, the Bengals aren't bad, and the Browns look better. I could say the same thing about the AFC East , where three teams have for long periods of time been *s to the Patriots.

You know all too well that Joe's contract in manageable for the first three years. In years four and five it goes up, but I'm sure he will restructure. He has made enough money to keep him mighty wings for a long time. If he doesn't restructure , Ozzie would probably look at making a cut , depending on how the team looked at the time. Sure he doesn't have the Manning or Brady stats, but guess what , guys like Cutler are going to get similar money because it 's a quarterback driven league , and there are only so many decent quarterbacks out there.

As for the AFC North , they may be down this year , but the Steelers and Ravens have two Super Bowls, the Bengals aren't bad, and the Browns look better. I could say the same thing about the AFC East , where three teams have for long periods of time been patriots to the Patriots.

What has you believe Flacco will take less money in three years when he will be 31 and in his prime? His agent gloated for weeks after his deal was signed about how he got the better of Ravens mgmt and of course Flacco said, I bet on myself and won.

Cutler may not be resigned by the Bears at all. Smart move if they cut bait now. He will not command anywhere close to 20 mil.

Why are you acting like you were game, you pansy? You had your chance. But you decided to cry, run to the mods and get me banned. So shut your piehole and quit pretending like you were down for anything.

In fact, I better leave the general forum all together now, else "House" well tell Nadine on me again, and I'll get a stern email, 3 warning points and banned for 2 weeks.

Why are you acting like you were game, you pansy? You had your chance. But you decided to cry, run to the mods and get me banned. So shut your piehole and quit pretending like you were down for anything.

In fact, I better leave the general forum all together now, else "House" well tell Nadine on me again, and I'll get a stern email, 3 warning points and banned for 2 weeks.

Permaban incoming

haha I was more than happy to deal with your issue with me myself, but you blocked me. Don't act so tough. Oh wait. That's your whole point to being online.

Stop crying little friend. I forgive you for blocking me after trying to fly me to Texas to fisticuffs. Don't be so hung up :).

If I came to Texas you would have to provide me room and board, and at least half of my airfare. I do require first class as well. Keep that in mind when you book my flight.