Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Brown currently has 458 consecutive carries without a fumble.

Dustin

Does anyone know if this is the highest current streak in the league? 

that is pretty impressive, I seen where someone said if you count his catches it was over 500. Thats amazing. As far as a running back goes, consecutive touches with out a fumble goes to the Law Firm(According to what I found)http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/27/green-ellis-hopes-his-first-career-fumble-was-his-last/

get him more touches and your previous ypc is going down hard. Last game showed with more carries he is the same guy

dismiss what he has done all you like or try to downplay it but the fact of the matter is as of today right now he is the best active Back on this roster

If there is one thing our running game does well, it is not fumble to ball.  Ballard had three fumbles last year but did not lose one, according the NFL.com.  Also on NFL.com, it says that he fumble once in his rookie season, but did not lose it.  Richardson lost his first career fumble against the Broncos.  Delone Carter fumbled 3 times in his rookie season and lost every one.  Our current group of guys are doing a pretty good job not putting the ball on the ground. 

dismiss what he has done all you like or try to downplay it but the fact of the matter is as of today right now he is the best active Back on this roster

Now I know you have lost your mind. He has looked better this year but I think it due to not being the feature back. As our feature back he looked like hot garbage. Went down like he was playing two hand touch. Wasn't very good blocking or picking up the blitz. The difference between him and Trent is if Brown got hit in the backfield he would go down immediately. Trent on the other hand would get you positive yards.

Now I know you have lost your mind. He has looked better this year but I think it due to not being the feature back. As our feature back he looked like hot garbage. Went down like he was playing two hand touch. Wasn't very good blocking or picking up the blitz. The difference between him and Trent is if Brown got hit in the backfield he would go down immediately. Trent on the other hand would get you positive yards.

You've been watching a different team....

Sorry bud, must be you. We have the egg shaped pig skin.

I agree with you to an extent. DB, just like Addai, hit their ceiling better in a complementary role but when they have to bear the sole burden, the yardage and YPC take a beating. They both are high floor, moderate ceiling guys like I stated in a post earlier.

If DB started taking it outside in a flash every time he sensed the interior clogged when he ran up to it, he might do even better. You give him a gap with good blocking between the tackles, he will get the "exceed the expectations" yardage. If you want him to make decisions in a flash when things are blocked up, more times than not, he stops himself.

He has pass blocked better than you are giving him credit for, that is where I have to disagree.

You just embarrassed your fellow countrymen right there fella. If you are going to make cheap shots, at least make it amusing so we can share a chuckle.

No harm done though, I asked for it....

Brown has the home run ability. That's what helps him. He's not going (at least in past years) to break tackles and grind out yards. He's not, or wasn't very good picking up the short yards. While he might go down at or behind the line of scrimmage he will bream one wide open if given the slightest chance. He's really stepped up this year.

I agree with you to an extent. DB, just like Addai, hit their ceiling better in a complementary role but when they have to bear the sole burden, the yardage and YPC take a beating. They both are high floor, moderate ceiling guys like I stated in a post earlier.

If DB started taking it outside in a flash every time he sensed the interior clogged when he ran up to it, he might do even better. You give him a gap with good blocking between the tackles, he will get the "exceed the expectations" yardage. If you want him to make decisions in a flash when things are blocked up, more times than not, he stops himself.

He has pass blocked better than you are giving him credit for, that is where I have to disagree.

Yeah I exaggerated a bit cause now that he's showing something after 5 years all of a sudden he's the best back on the team. He started to look better in pass coverage last year before he got hurt. Has looked better this year also. He's not going to fight for yards. But if you give him space he's quick and has been showing good burst. Less dancing around in the backfeild

I think DB has been a good player for us and if he was taken in the second round would be heralded as a great pick by Polian etc....I don't think he has been utilized properly on the team until this year. I've always wondered why he wasn't utilized in the passing game and trying to get him in more space with sweeps etc but he has been a solid back that is a great change of pace to TRich. Since he was a first rd pick....and more importantly taken by Polian....well he is always going to be viewed in a negative light. I fully believe he was drafted to be the Ronnie Hillman type back that Peyton has in Denver....utilize that home run speed against the solid runners/blocking backs we had like Addai. He is a very dependable back and it will be interesting if we can bring him back next year.

If he was in Denver right now he would get a boat load of work being as dependable as he has been....lots of teams value taking care of the ball....sure the Giants would too.

Brown has the home run ability. That's what helps him. He's not going (at least in past years) to break tackles and grind out yards. He's not, or wasn't very good picking up the short yards. While he might go down at or behind the line of scrimmage he will bream one wide open if given the slightest chance. He's really stepped up this year.

One point if I may: 458 carries in 4 1/2 years.

He's been hurt some but that's just not very many carries and many of them have ben with 3 WRs and no blocking back..

...Andrew is looking for him after the first pass option isn't there.. but I wish they'd throw designed screen passes to him...and line him up in the bunch set and throw WR screens to him.

I wonder if they can 'slot' out and bring him in motion acropss the formation to create a misdirection or misdirection fake with T-Rich in the backfield.....

Brown going down immediateely after contact has been disproven by another poster who recorded yards after contact from last year I believe it ws. In another thread, while he is not very big he can get you tough yards but no he is not built to take a beating. But right now he is the best healthy Back on this roster until Richardson proves he is better and he certainly has not this year...He is not close to learning blocking assignments yet, Brown picks up the blitz pretty well, Now he dont have alot of size which hurts him trying to take on defenders but he is pretty accurate on blocking assignments, As our feature Back Trent himself has looked like hot garbage...C'mon man. Trent will get better but he is not our best Back as of right now

Cool. Thanks for the jinx. Remember during the Broncos game when they kept showing and talking about Reggie Wayne's consecutive games played streak? Yeah....

They talked about that every game. lol. It's not like it was anything new.

One thing I never understood over the years is how neither the Tom Moore offense nor the Bruce Arians offense nor the Pep Hamilton offense called/call enough RB screens. All those years our OL had issues blocking the Charger LBs in Merriman and Shaun Philips, I wish we called enough RB screens to slow the pass rush down. 

Yes, there is great value for a back that can play all 3 downs but we rarely invested in those smaller scat backs that can get a lot of yardage on those screen plays. DB is probably the closest we have (outside us keeping Kerwynn Williams) that can do that. Maybe those smaller scat backs have terrific college careers (like the Florida tiny RBs :)) that they feel they can get by with their athleticism and not invest much in the playbook or football intelligence??? Once those backs get to the NFL, they probably have greater shock that they can't be the playmaker they could be in college anymore. Not sure really, just speculating.

Brown going down immediateely after contact has been disproven by another poster who recorded yards after contact from last year I believe it ws. In another thread, while he is not very big he can get you tough yards but no he is not built to take a beating. But right now he is the best healthy Back on this roster until Richardson proves he is better and he certainly has not this year...He is not close to learning blocking assignments yet, Brown picks up the blitz pretty well, Now he dont have alot of size which hurts him trying to take on defenders but he is pretty accurate on blocking assignments, As our feature Back Trent himself has looked like hot garbage...C'mon man. Trent will get better but he is not our best Back as of right now

Do you just pull stuff out of your bum? Trent has been doing a really good job picking up the blitz for one. In the Denver game when Brown saw more action he had 11 touches for 23 yards. Trent had 14 for 37. Yeah, Brown isn't even close to our best back. You and your wannabe scouting has a long ways to go.

Do you just pull stuff out of your bum? Trent has been doing a really good job picking up the blitz for one. In the Denver game when Brown saw more action he had 11 touches for 23 yards. Trent had 14 for 37. Yeah, Brown isn't even close to our best back. You and your wannabe scouting has a long ways to go.

"Trent has been doing a really good job picking up the blitz for one"

Unless you can provide an example of that above statement then you have nothing there just an opinion....Unlike where I can give you at least 2 examples where Richardson should have picked up the blitz but did not

"In the Denver game when Brown saw more action he had 11 touches for 23 yards. Trent had 14 for 37."

Stats is not the only indicator of a players ability to be coming around and playing well....but since you used it Ill play along.....In 6 carries vs Seattle Brown had 37 yards for 6.2 ypc......next game.....3 carries for 15 yards....5.0 ypc...Richardsons best game came vs SD......10 carries 40 yards for 4.0....But yeah I reall pull stuff out of my ***...Bottom line.....we can compare stats all day, you wont find a pro analyst in there right mind that would say Richardson has looked better then Brown