Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Guy On Our Practice Squad

Captain Americolt

Does anyone know much about Jeremy Ross? Says he's on our practice squad and is listed at 5-11 213. Did some research on him and it says he ran a 4.37 40-yard dash and had 22 bench reps. BUT hands aren't that good.... This kid seems like a faster stronger Garcon with probably around the same ball skills. Would be cool if colts used him on KR or ST

Punt returner/kick returner doesn't really amount to much on a team that doesn't block down the field. We drafted Brandon James as a kick returner cause he was a beast returner in college...but his strength was after he had room to move and build speed. Something we never gave him. Overall speed isn't as important as overall acceleration when it comes to returning. Until the coaches decide to show the players how to effectively block during returns...I really don't think it matters who's doing the returning since the defenders are already in their face by the time they get the ball. Lefeged has good speed...but never gets a chance to break 1 because the defense is already past the 20 by the time he gets to run. Its very aggravating to see the same problem for 6 games. Its down right ridiculous for the coaching staff to let it go on fo a decade.

Fast guy with pretty good hands, but I would rather have David Gilreath, he's more dynamic, he can run catch, return and break tackles... better than Ross

Gilreath might be the better returner, but the guy is tiny. Ross has a good 40 pounds of muscle on him. I am not saying your wrong but i think in the long run Ross would be better based on strength and durability. But there are some pretty dynamic returners in the NFL who are small so I could be wrong.

Gilreath might be the better returner, but the guy is tiny. Ross has a good 40 pounds of muscle on him. I am not saying your wrong but i think in the long run Ross would be better based on strength and durability. But there are some pretty dynamic returners in the NFL who are small so I could be wrong.

Yea, Spoles and Hester comes to mind for me.

Does anyone know much about Jeremy Ross? Says he's on our practice squad and is listed at 5-11 213. Did some research on him and it says he ran a 4.37 40-yard dash and had 22 bench reps. BUT hands aren't that good.... This kid seems like a faster stronger Garcon with probably around the same ball skills. Would be cool if colts used him on KR or ST

Why would you want someone returning kicks whose "hands aren't that good?"