Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Mathis named AFC defensive player of the Month

TKnight24

Mathis is kind of the "stealth bomber" of LBs.  He doesn't call a lot of attention to himself after a sack -- no dancing, Hulk-flexing,  mugging for the TV cameras or any of that silly stuff. Just a classy pro who goes out there and does his job, and does it better than anyone else in the league.

Mathis is kind of the "stealth bomber" of LBs. He doesn't call a lot of attention to himself after a sack -- no dancing, Hulk-flexing, mugging for the TV cameras or any of that silly stuff. Just a classy pro who goes out there and does his job, and does it better than anyone else in the league.

Doesn't he do that kick/punt thing after a sack? And then all the dancing he does in the post game locker room after a win makes up for it haha

During college (I am from the Muncie area & attended Ball State), I remember Mathis & a few other Colts visited a local boys & girls club for troubled kids, anyways he was on the cover of the Muncie Star Press getting down dancing & having fun with some of the kids...

Anyways that was like 2003 or 2004 but I knew that Mathis would be a class player for the Colts then...

Glad he is having such a stellar year, hope he get DPOY...

Mathis is kind of the "stealth bomber" of LBs.  He doesn't call a lot of attention to himself after a sack -- no dancing, Hulk-flexing,  mugging for the TV cameras or any of that silly stuff. Just a classy pro who goes out there and does his job, and does it better than anyone else in the league.

Well, he did do a little celebration after sacking Manning.  But that's a build up of 13 years not allowed to touch him.  :scoregood: