Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why I like Luck more than Manning

danlhart87

Manning was always great in the 2 minute drill. I would say that was one of the most exciting moments in sports when 18 would have the ball with 1:45 and a timeout left. I don't know how anyone could say he wasn't great in the 2 min drill. If he does take a knee, I'm sure Manning is disagreeing with the call 9 out of 10 times

Both are incredible QBs, The biggest aspect for me is Luck's ability to score points in the final minutes of the half. He's done it multiple times in the year and half he's been with the Colts. He even pulled off a HUGE drive against Denver capping off with a 8 yard TD pass to Fleener.

This is the biggest difference. I grew weary of Manning always taking a knee with 45s left instead of driving for more points. 

I absolutely love that Luck always has his sights set on more points!

Sorry, but the entire premise of why you like Luck is wrong. Manning was great in two minute offense - end of game or half. Manning teams rarely took a knee and when they did, it was a coach decision and not 18's. My guess is the largest reason you like Luck is the laundry he wears.

Manning changed the way the QB position was played, Luck is playing it.

I hear that all the time but no one ever said or says how he changed the way the game is played, He is not the first person to call his own plays, or audible out of plays he dont like, or run the hurry up offense or confuse a defensen, Has he done it better then everyone else? yeah...probably. But I dont think he has changed how the game is played

I hear that all the time but no one ever said or says how he changed the way the game is played, He is not the first person to call his own plays, or audible out of plays he dont like, or run the hurry up offense or confuse a defensen, Has he done it better then everyone else? yeah...probably. But I dont think he has changed how the game is played

I agree, he didn't change the way the game is played. Because nobody else does what he can.