Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lucks second half stats against the Broncos

TheJACKCOLT

First, I am not putting down Luck, He is my favorite player. There is no other QB I would rather have. I am just pointing out something I find very interesting from the Sunday night game against the Broncos, especially since we won. Luck was 5 of 15 for 29 yards in the second half. That is an amazing stat considering we won the game. I just didn't realize that until I went back and watched the game again. I still can't believe we won with those second half stats from our QB. If someone has already pointed this out, my apology, I just find this to be amazing

First, I am not putting down Luck, He is my favorite player. There is no other QB I would rather have. I am just pointing out something I find very interesting from the Sunday night game against the Broncos, especially since we won. Luck was 5 of 15 for 29 yards in the second half. That is an amazing stat considering we won the game. I just didn't realize that until I went back and watched the game again. I still can't believe we won with those second half stats from our QB. If someone has already pointed this out, my apology, I just find this to be amazing

yea 5 of 15 for 29 yards was without Wayne..makes me nervous about finishing the season without him...i sure do hope the GM has something planned

Goes back to my theory that the Broncos' D plays better without Champ Bailey, he is a liability. Didn't Bailey get hurt in the first half? The T.Y.Hilton almost TD would have been a sure fire TD if it was Bailey on him, DRC could keep up, Champ cannot anymore, that is a fact.

The fact that we won the game was mainly because our D harassed Peyton and that O-line of theirs, the bottom line that kept Peyton and that O from getting their rhythm constantly, IMO.

Broncos' D tightened up after the half and played better and 10 out of the 13 second half points for the Colts came off a turnover (INT when Peyton's arm was hit by Walden) and 2 dumb 15 yard penalties on another drive.

Goes back to my theory that the Broncos' D plays better without Champ Bailey, he is a liability. Didn't Bailey get hurt in the first half? The T.Y.Hilton almost TD would have been a sure fire TD if it was Bailey on him, DRC could keep up, Champ cannot anymore, that is a fact.

The fact that we won the game was mainly because our D harassed Peyton and that O-line of theirs, the bottom line that kept Peyton and that O from getting their rhythm constantly, IMO.

Broncos' D tightened up after the half and played better and 10 out of the 13 second half points for the Colts came off a turnover (INT when Peyton's arm was hit by Walden) and 2 dumb 15 yard penalties on another drive.

Amen. And this is the kind of balance that Irsay wants. I'll take a team win over our QB having to do everything any week of the season. Our defense was SCARY good, especially that front 7.

A lot of that can be attributed to the fact that the play-calling became (surprise) very predictable in the 2nd half when we began playing with the lead. Many of Luck's throws were under duress on a 3rd and long because of crap plays on 1st and 2nd down. And Luck of course took the tough throw for the whole yardage required for the 1st down because that is who he is for better or worse. Jumbo formation on 1st down with a handoff to Richardson or Brown gets a little obvious after the fifth or sixth time.

A bit of an exaggeration but my father and I were able to call the play multiple times before it happened on first down in the second half of Sunday's game, and we are not what you would call brilliant football minds.

The Broncos also moved the ball more and so maybe had greater time of possession in the second half. I also read that they made a half-time adjustment with the positioning of a safety that apparently the Colts had been taking advantage of.

Bailey has been ineffective, but DRC was injured in the first half. He only came back in because Bailey was injured.