Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When does Luck become best QB in the league?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

When does Luck become known as the best QB in the NFL by a good amount of people/fans/analysts, etc?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. When does Luck become known as the best QB in the NFL by a good amount of people/fans/analysts, etc?

• Sometime this season (unlikely)
    • Next Season
    • In 2 seasons (my opinion)
    • 3-5 seasons
    • 5+ seasons (when most likely the big 3 are gone-Manning, Brady and Brees)
    • 6-10 seasons (I hope not)
    • Never.... Chill bro, if you pick this you've been hanging out with Tyrann Mathieu and Josh Gordon too much

Please do explain how he is top 10. And please don't bring up 4th quarter comebacks. That's just media drivel. John Skelton has more 4th quarter comebacks thatn Aaron Rodgers, so he's better right?

Better question here would be... how is he not top 10?   What's your justification to say something that sounds that absurd on this board?  Just curious... so, would you consider Total QBR 'media drivel'?

I doubt that he will ever be the definitive "best" QB. There is too much competition. I would say that he looks like he will definitely be the best of his draft class, but who's to say that someone better is waiting in the wings. The thing we as Colts need is a great QB. And I think he will be great. He has shown that he can be, and when he becomes absolutely consistent, he will be great.

It is impossible to say who is the greatest among the older guys: Manning, Brady, Brees, or the even older generation, Montana, Marino. The fact remains that they are/were all great. The greatest of all time...that's the unanswerable question that keeps fan base rivalry burning.

The great thing about being a Colts fan is that the Colts have at least had 2 of the all time greats at QB and may be witnessing a third right now.

If the Colts continue to run their offense as they have been this year then Luck will not even be in the top 15 statiscally. I really don't think Irsay cares about all that anyways given his "star wars" diatribe last week. Now if Luck wins a Super Bowl or two while having middle of the pack stats then I can see him being in the conversation (like Brady was in '01-'05 despite his numbers not being in Manning's domain) but the Colts are never going to ask Luck to do what the Packers ask Rodgers to do or the Saints ask Brees to do, etc so I don't he will be considered the greatest anytime soon. But like I said, if he wins a ring or two then he gets in the discussion.

Better question here would be... how is he not top 10? What's your justification to say something that sounds that absurd on this board? Just curious... so, would you consider Total QBR 'media drivel'?

I think Luck is a good QB, so not meant as a knock on him, but QBR is in fact, media drivel. ESPN are the only people who know how its calculated, so its useless as a metric.

Dungy always said "when you win 3 in a row", it can be considered a streak in the NFL. When Luck wins 11 games 3 years in a row taking down teams he is not "supposed" to beat, he will get that top QB label. Next year, we play the Patriots in all likelihood because we both will win our divisions. It will be here at Lucas Oil Stadium, Luck will also play RG3.

When Luck would have beaten Seahawks and Broncos this year, and then Brady and RG3 next year, there will be no way out for the media. That is why I said next season. :)