Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If I were the Vikings, I'd trade AP

Insert Colts Pun Here

Imagine getting picks that would allow you to get back into the first round again this year and pick twice. 5 first round picks in two years would mean a very talented young core for the next decade.

Or even being able to trade up into the top 5 and get your hands on the franchise quarterback that they obviously need?

I'd definitely grab that opportunity.

AP is 28 and he definitely doesn't have the same ability this year as he did last year (I don't think any back has done well after a 2000 yard season...I think Barry had the next best one).  I don't think trading him is a bad idea in the football sense, but Minnesota will revolt if they to trade him.  It would make sense though.  They need to accumulate draft picks, build up their defense, and get a franchise QB or at least work really hard to develop Freeman

Picking low and playoff success aren't synonymous though. 

If you're in the playoffs, you're not picking low.

That's what I'm saying. In all likelihood they'll be picking low, but if they trade Peterson then they basically kill any chance of them getting to the playoffs. It's a low risk high reward type of thing I think.

It may have been mentioned, but who needs him, to put them over? New England might make some sense, but that front office doesn't work like that. If the Vikes could make a move I think they would, but I don't see any teams that are contenders, being in a position or having a strong enough need to do it.

It may have been mentioned, but who needs him, to put them over? New England might make some sense, but that front office doesn't work like that. If the Vikes could make a move I think they would, but I don't see any teams that are contenders, being in a position or having a strong enough need to do it.

Miami needs a marquee back to take pressure off of Tannehill. Thats the best I can think of honestly

How bout them Cowboys

Guest TeamLoloJones

How bout them Cowboys

I thought the same thing...but they are already in big cap trouble...don't really see how they could do it.

Guest TeamLoloJones

yeah, i have no clue about their cap situation. I bet Jerry would lose his mind to land AD

I read the other day that next year they are $31 million over the cap.