Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Looking And Sounding Great!

mouthofsouth

I am watching LSU at Tennessee and Peyton is there. He just spent several minutes in the booth with the crew. He is doing an excellent job commenting on the game, says he is flying to Cincinnati tonight. He looks healthy and happy. I thought you folks would like to know since maybe you are not seeing the LSU game in Indiana and elsewhere.

Edited by mouthofsouth

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/32733579

Video at the source

"I'm doing well, Verne," Manning said. "I get to do a little more each week. I'm taking it slow, I'm following doctors orders and I'm trying to help out with the team wherever I can.

"It's tough, Verne -- I was telling my minister the other day in our Bible study, it's kinda like I've been giving the sermon for 14 years and now I'm passing out the bulletins. And I'm doing a real good job on giving out these bulletins but it doesn't have a real big impact on the service."

I'm watching the game on replay and looking forward to hearing and seeing Peyton. I was actually watching the Texas A&M game until I stumbled onto this thread and decided to stop and switch to this game. So I haven't come to the part where they talk to Peyton but I just wanted to say on a side note...how about the interception and return by Claiborn. He ran over 120 yards on that play. lol

I'm watching the game on replay and looking forward to hearing and seeing Peyton. I was actually watching the Texas A&M game until I stumbled onto this thread and decided to stop and switch to this game. So I haven't come to the part where they talk to Peyton but I just wanted to say on a side note...how about the interception and return by Claiborn. He ran over 120 yards on that play. lol

I see what you did there.

I feel so dense! :rant:

I see a lot of these "I see what you did there" comments . . . and I don't see it. :(

Anyway thanks for the update on Peyton. Always glad to hear about our guy.

I'm honestly not sure. I agree, it was nice hearing Peyton and he seemed very upbeat. He seems to like the newest progeny of Phil Simms. I was kind of hoping to get to see more of Tyler Bray but Bray was hurt.

I got a kick out of the guy asking Peyton if LSU was going to blitz and without hesitation Peyton said "no they're gonna back off". LSU showed blitz but, as Peyton said, they backed off when the ball was snapped. Not sure what the guy's name is but he was kind of annoying...not Verne Lundquist, the other guy.

Hopefully way down the road Peyton would be great at commentating if he doesn't want to coach. The guys in the booth told him he has a spot anytime he wants it and Peyton said something to the effect hopefully way down the road. If he can never play football again(heaven forbid) he will have many options to turn to in the football world.

Hopefully way down the road Peyton would be great at commentating if he doesn't want to coach. The guys in the booth told him he has a spot anytime he wants it and Peyton said something to the effect hopefully way down the road. If he can never play football again(heaven forbid) he will have many options to turn to in the football world.

I know a lot of people have said if he coached it would likely be in the pros but I could easily see him joining the coaching staff at Tennessee.