Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck

superrep1967

It is just me or does Andrew Luck hate these wendesday press conferences.  He acts like he hates answering these questions or do you think he's just mad about the loss Monday night? I personally think he hates answering questions some are dumb questions I know. But it's part of being a starting NFL QB. What everybody's thoughts have you noticed this?

It is hard for an intelligent, well educated man such as Luck to answer so many cliche, dumb, little thought, repetitive questions every single week. For example today he was asked something along the lines of what Peyton would think of something. Because of the man he is he also shows self restrain which he obviously needs given that it's only 30 minutes or less per week that he finds himself subjected to this. He also gives all thought-out, mature answers. 

If you look and listen to the guys asking the question you get the impression that they don't care much about his answers either as they don't care to think of an intelligent question to ask. 

Press conferences are a waste of times nowadays, especially in the athletic world. They rarely provide any real information and you see guys desperately seeking a word or half sentence to make something controversial out of it. That little "controversial" piece of information then gets amplified by the 140 character governed Twitter world and\or by people that do not bother to read the whole transcript and just perpetuate the misinformation.  

What's sad is Luck is already showing he knows how to handle the media better than his owner.  I like Irsay a lot and his twitter account doesn't bother me but honestly he just needs to accept he messed up on this one he's not going to be able to explain his way out of it and sometimes it's just better to stop talking than always trying to explain your words.  If anything he should just Peyton Manning is the greatest Indianapolis Colt of all-time and we are going to honor him on Sunday Night and I wish things had been different so he could have ended his career here but it didn't happen that way so I can't wait to say thank you Sunday night.

Kind of like what Irsay said last night on twitter and just leave it at that rather than getting into all the back and forth with Mort today. 

It is just me or does Andrew Luck hate these wendesday press conferences.  He acts like he hates answering these questions or do you think he's just mad about the loss Monday night? I personally think he hates answering questions some are dumb questions I know. But it's part of being a starting NFL QB. What everybody's thoughts have you noticed this?

Well, when every question refers to Peyton, of course hes tired of answering them...

Andrew Luck is Andrew Luck, hes not a clone of Peyton...

the media just wants to get under his skin so he can say something that people want to hear and take it out of proportion...

Well, when every question refers to Peyton, of course hes tired of answering them...

Andrew Luck is Andrew Luck, hes not a clone of Peyton...

the media just wants to get under his skin so he can say something that people want to hear and take it out of proportion...

Yeah got to be tough for him, because he replaced Peyton Manning and because of his intelligence (which like Peyton's is extremely high) people want to make him into Peyton Jr.