Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton live on Sportscenter

Farns01

That's a great story.  I personally am a big fan of T.Y. he is, IMO a game changer and I think in a lot of ways he compares to Harrison.  If the Colts can manage to keep Luck and Hilton together, they are going to really be pushing a lot of the records that Manning/Harrison now hold.

That's a great story.  I personally am a big fan of T.Y. he is, IMO a game changer and I think in a lot of ways he compares to Harrison.  If the Colts can manage to keep Kuck and Hilton together, they are going to really be pushing a lot of the records that Manning/Harrison now hold.

we have someone named kuck on the team?

T.y Hilton rookie year 50 catches 861 yards 7 tds

Marvin Harrison 64 catches 836 yards 8 tds

Marvin Harrison year 2 73 catches 866 yards 6 tds

T.y Hilton year 2 20 catches 342 yards 2 tds

If Hilton maintains pace he should equal the 6 tds from Harrison's second year. His stat line could be 60 catches 1062 yards six tds.

More impressive is that Hilton is averaging more yards per catch than Harrison. Harrison averaged 13.1 and 11.9 yards per catch his rookie and 2nd years. Hilton averaged 17.2 yards a catch last year and is at 17.1 so far for this year.

That's a great story.  I personally am a big fan of T.Y. he is, IMO a game changer and I think in a lot of ways he compares to Harrison.  If the Colts can manage to keep Luck and Hilton together, they are going to really be pushing a lot of the records that Manning/Harrison now hold.

I don't know -- Harrison had the best 8 year stretch of any WR in league history ('99-2006).  I think TY will have good numbers, but I still think TY needs a threat to compliment him -- I think he is best used in the slot, when we can exploit mismatches.  He is a game changer, for sure, but I don't see him thriving with double and triple teams like Marvin faced most of his career.

I don't know -- Harrison had the best 8 year stretch of any WR in league history ('99-2006).  I think TY will have good numbers, but I still think TY needs a threat to compliment him -- I think he is best used in the slot, when we can exploit mismatches.  He is a game changer, for sure, but I don't see him thriving with double and triple teams like Marvin faced most of his career.

Could be.  And yes, I think Harrison was one of the greatest receivers to ever play the game.  And I think Luck/Hilton have a chance to really push a lot of records that are owned now by Manning and Harrison.  Only time will tell.

I loved the pick in the draft...reminded me of Jackson in Philly...that said to get to the next level...he needs to do more than take the top off the defense...I would love to see him be more of that move the chains receiver. Super happy so far though.

I think he's already doing that. He runs over the middle with no fear and also runs a nice out and curl. Has room to grow but like Coffee said, reminds me a lot of Marv.

I think he's already doing that. He runs over the middle with no fear and also runs a nice out and curl. Has room to grow but like Coffee said, reminds me a lot of Marv.

I'm not hating...just saying...to get to marvins level...he has to have a bigger impact on every game...meaning converting those 3rd downs AND taking the top off the defense. I am still very happy with him though.

I'm not hating...just saying...to get to marvins level...he has to have a bigger impact on every game...meaning converting those 3rd downs AND taking the top off the defense. I am still very happy with him though.

I agree and I'm not saying Hilton is as good as Harrison during his prime, all I'm saying is I see a lot of the same traits as Harrison (speed, field awareness, hands, desire, ability to make the big catch, etc).  Remember Harrison's first three years in the league (stat wise) were not phenominal.  In Harrison's first 20 games he had 84 receptions for 1,026 yards and 8 TDs,  In Hilton's first 20 games he has 70 receptions for 1,203 yards and 9 TDs.  Similar production, Harrison was the main target and had Harbaugh throwing to him (which if the Colts had a WR like Wayne on the roster Harrison would have been the #2 target), Hilton is the #2 target and has Luck throwing to him.

Whether Hilton ends up as one of the all time greats like Harrison is yet to be seen (nor am I trying to say he will), I just think so far he has shown the tools to have that type of impact for the Colts and I see he and Luck (or Kuck if you like) hooking up for a lot of completions and TDs enough so to make a run at those same records that Harrison and Manning now hold, if the Colts can keep them together.

I agree and I'm not saying Hilton is as good as Harrison during his prime, all I'm saying is I see a lot of the same traits as Harrison (speed, field awareness, hands, desire, ability to make the big catch, etc).  Remember Harrison's first three years in the league (stat wise) were not phenominal.  In Harrison's first 20 games he had 84 receptions for 1,026 yards and 8 TDs,  In Hilton's first 20 games he has 70 receptions for 1,203 yards and 9 TDs.  Similar production, Harrison was the main target and had Harbaugh throwing to him (which if the Colts had a WR like Wayne on the roster Harrison would have been the #2 target), Hilton is the #2 target and has Luck throwing to him.

Whether Hilton ends up as one of the all time greats like Harrison is yet to be seen (nor am I trying to say he will), I just think so far he has shown the tools to have that type of impact for the Colts and I see he and Luck (or Kuck if you like) hooking up for a lot of completions and TDs enough so to make a run at those same records that Harrison and Manning now hold, if the Colts can keep them together.

Wayne was pretty much always #2 behind Marvin.  Marvin was a bonafide stud, taken in the first round to be our primary WR.  Not to knock TY, but he is the #3 WR on this team (behind Wayne and DHB -- even though he may get more yards than DHB), and I don't think his production would be anywhere near what it is if it weren't for Wayne, DHB, and the TEs drawing attention to allow TY to exploit mismatches.