Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton's return

rabidfan77

Now I know it's two weeks away and this will probably get out of hand and closed, but today after seeing our team fight for 3 quarters haha , I know we can beat Peyton's broncos. We have yet to play a complete game (no slow starts on defense or offense) and hopefully we remain healthy (knock on wood) and get some injured Colts back by the week 7 showdown we can easily abuse Denver's bad defensive secondary ( and yes I know bailey and miller haven't played yet). As amazing as Peyton is playing Andrew is more than capable of craving up a defense himself, plus coach Pagano will keep us balanced, which will keep Peyton on the bench. I have to admit the Denver game is when I expect the Colts to take/earn their respect/reputation around the league as a team to be feared :worthy: . Now I was sad to see Peyton leave but getting Andrew and a much more COMPLETE team than we've had in years has made our transition into a MONSTER all worth while letting the :goat:  quarterback walk out the door. When we beat San Diego next week :36dancing:  regardless of the outcome of the Colt/ Denver game we will be in a great position to take our division back from Houston (especially if Matt Schaub is still the starting quarterback) :banana: .  To wrap this up go  :coltshorse:... this is OUR TIME  :lombardi:

I would seriously not be stunned if Colts/Broncos is lower scoring at times then people think. I may be wrong. But, I just anticipate so much emotion and stuff before the game in so many directions that it might take a while for everyone to just settle down.

With that being said we must beat the Chargers!!!!!!

I would seriously not be stunned if Colts/Broncos is lower scoring at times then people think. I may be wrong. But, I just anticipate so much emotion and stuff before the game in so many directions that it might take a while for everyone to just settle down.

With that being said we must beat the Chargers!!!!!!

I'm with you. Colts need to be thinking Chargers not the Broncos. But it's OK for us fans to do that because of the magnitude of Manning coming 'home'. 

I'm with you. Colts need to be thinking Chargers not the Broncos. But it's OK for us fans to do that because of the magnitude of Manning coming 'home'. 

It's gonna be odd no doubt. Not gonna lie..

They might win but I truly do not think they blow us out either. I think the game will have it's moments and both teams will be feeling some testosterone pumping through their blood......

Oh and yeah how about those Chargers eh? Gotta get to Rivers or else he will carve us up! ;)

Im used to SD being a let down game every time we play them.. New team and new mindset though, maybe Pagano should buy some more mouse traps! haha

Indy-Denver game will be the most anticipated game of the year. I cannot wait. Irsay going to do anything special for Peyton pre game? I know the crowd will show a ton of love for Peyton, but I am scared that he will light up our D. I dont think we will get blown out, but it could get really bad if its a shootout just because they have more weapons and experience. Game plan should be same as it has been, try and run it as much as possible and keep the other O off the field (didnt work well in the 1st half today) and not give them many possessions. 

One game at a time...We can't sit back on our laurels, and we can't be looking ahead to Peyton and his pals. Just go out, play hard nosed football, and take care of business Colts style. Everything else will just fall into its place..

We have to score every time versus broncos to guarantee victory.

Not really...Peyton hasn't faced a top 5 defense through their 5 games.

Im actually happy Denver won. This win will be so much more if we beat another undefeated team 

agreed! Yet the media will make another excuse as to why we are winning against the power houses...and if we beat Denver, Saints are now considered the best team in the league...lol

Im used to SD being a let down game every time we play them.. New team and new mindset though, maybe Pagano should buy some more mouse traps! haha

Indy-Denver game will be the most anticipated game of the year. I cannot wait. Irsay going to do anything special for Peyton pre game? I know the crowd will show a ton of love for Peyton, but I am scared that he will light up our D. I dont think we will get blown out, but it could get really bad if its a shootout just because they have more weapons and experience. Game plan should be same as it has been, try and run it as much as possible and keep the other O off the field (didnt work well in the 1st half today) and not give them many possessions. 

MOUSE TRAPS???

I'm thinking more like BEAR TRAPS! :Gaah:

We have to score every time versus broncos to guarantee victory.

Sorry, Stephen if I dont follow your guidance on what it takes for the Colts to win. I see a big bunch of both tangible and intangible things with this team that makes truly believing in a victory each and every time they step on the field.....worth the few times I look silly.

(however, I never feel silly)