Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Werner out 4-6 weeks Plantar inj

throwing BBZ

Did some research on this injury.  Looks like they cannot fix / repair the actual torn ligament, eventually scar tissue will form and bridge the gap where the tear is and thus the 6 week+ recovery time.  They start out with crutches (no weight bearing), then migrate to a boot with limited pressure then move from there into special orthotics and such.  This injury leads to other symptoms and other foot problems but he's young and will be prescribed special supportive cleats providing optimal support for the ligament, he then should be good.  The best article I could find on it is below.  The NBA sees a lot of these, same numbers as ACL injuries. Get well

http://www.bsmpg.com/Blog/bid/96191/Plantar-Fascia-Rupture

your welcome. Didn`t see this topic here or anything on Colts.com so I thought i would share it you

Not meaning to pile on, but if you would have looked at the thread titled "Werner" you would have seen it.  I think I posted it in there yesterday and it was being discussed.

Can't hurt to bring it up again.  Some obviously missed it. 

As for Werner, and any of the guys with non-season ending injuries, it will be great to have them back when we get to the playoffs.  They should be rested, and ready to go.

More good info on this injury -- or bad depending on how you look at it,  :thmdown:  (from GArnold on StampedeBlue and cbssports)

A hell of a lot of players are getting leg, foot, ankle injuries this season and speculation is ramping up as to why. Owners are spending a ton of money on players who will miss the rest of the year. As for Werner I would not be surprised if he was actually out longer than 6 weeks. PF is very very painful and can be devastating to a pro football player.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-kirwan/23931415/big-nfl-ir-numbers-show-more-foot-ankle-injuries-shoes-at-issue

Not meaning to pile on, but if you would have looked at the thread titled "Werner" you would have seen it.  I think I posted it in there yesterday and it was being discussed.

Can't hurt to bring it up again.  Some obviously missed it. 

As for Werner, and any of the guys with non-season ending injuries, it will be great to have them back when we get to the playoffs.  They should be rested, and ready to go.

haha! Smo of course I looked at that thread. And i stopped reading through the garbage that was on there after ten or so.

i am glad I started a thread with the timeline for his recovery so people wouldn`t have to wade through that waste. I hope you now understand.

More good info on this injury -- or bad depending on how you look at it,  :thmdown:  (from GArnold on StampedeBlue and cbssports)

A heck of a lot of players are getting leg, foot, ankle injuries this season and speculation is ramping up as to why. Owners are spending a ton of money on players who will miss the rest of the year. As for Werner I would not be surprised if he was actually out longer than 6 weeks. PF is very very painful and can be devastating to a pro football player.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-kirwan/23931415/big-nfl-ir-numbers-show-more-foot-ankle-injuries-shoes-at-issue

I've heard it's actually better to tear it completely than suffer plantar fasciitis

I think this is going to delay his ability to be real productive in the defense and grow for a significant amount of time

I agree with you.  Based on all that I have read and am continuing to read, this can be a terrible, terrible injury for some.  Some respond differently to varying types of therapy down the road (once the scar tissue has completely filled the gaps).  It's just a shame it had to be his foot and it had to be this particular injury.  The Colts are just having bad luck on injuries and it is depressing.  With 12 games left and if we make a run for the playoffs, it is possible he could return for the last 4 critical games and into the playoffs.

I have/had plantar fasciitis due to flat feet and wearing boots 24/7 in the military.  It's pretty painful and takes a while, at least in my case, to get it under control.  But I never took time off or stopped working out so that made it harder to heal.  Orthotic inserts was all I ended up using to solve the problem, but if not worn all the time it flares up on me.  He will be fine in the long run.

I have/had plantar fasciitis due to flat feet and wearing boots 24/7 in the military.  It's pretty painful and takes a while, at least in my case, to get it under control.  But I never took time off or stopped working out so that made it harder to heal.  Orthotic inserts was all I ended up using to solve the problem, but if not worn all the time it flares up on me.  He will be fine in the long run.

He doesn't have plantar fasciitis. It's said it is better to tear it as Werner did, than what you suffered.

I agree with you.  Based on all that I have read and am continuing to read, this can be a terrible, terrible injury for some.  Some respond differently to varying types of therapy down the road (once the scar tissue has completely filled the gaps).  It's just a shame it had to be his foot and it had to be this particular injury.  The Colts are just having bad luck on injuries and it is depressing.  With 12 games left and if we make a run for the playoffs, it is possible he could return for the last 4 critical games and into the playoffs.

You think every injury is a terrible terrible injury...and as usual you are overreacting.

Well, you told me to keep out of it....kind of defeats the point of being on a forum.

I was agreeing with another poster on here and elaborating on that particular post. And you want to pull the "overreacting" card all the time, so I'm saying, stay out of it, especially if you don't have something constructive to add to it or point out.  It had nothing to do with any of your posts. Why don't you detail WHY i'm over-reacting instead of just throwing that out like you did (knowing you would incite things).

I was agreeing with another poster on here and elaborating on that particular post. And you want to pull the "overreacting" card all the time, so I'm saying, stay out of it, especially if you don't have something constructive to add to it or point out.  It had nothing to do with any of your posts. Why don't you detail WHY i'm over-reacting instead of just throwing that out like you did (knowing you would incite things).

I can't detail why you overreact to every injury, but you do. Honestly, I have u pegged as a nutter.....most of the time I can't tell if you're serious.