Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Locker room energized!

tfunky14

Yep. Now, if they could put TY in 2 WR sets every now and then, it will force teams to keep 2 safeties deep and Trent will run against a front 7 instead of 8 or 9 man boxes.

Vs the 49ers, it will still be difficult running against that front 7 but we need to just run enough to keep them honest, and Trent will help with that. We can then control tempo just a tad bit and keep Kaepernick off the field thus keeping the game close and if we do, it is anybody's game.

Cowherd (espn) makes a great point on radio today. With the addition of Trent R. the Colt's players are saying "wow', we got a hammer, a power back, a player that opens things up for Reggie and T.Y. Hilton down field..

"Big time trade"

I thought that's what Bradshaw was supposed to be.

Yep. Now, if they could put TY in 2 WR sets every now and then, it will force teams to keep 2 safeties deep and Trent will run against a front 7 instead of 8 or 9 man boxes.

Doesn't DHB count as a deep threat?  TY is amazing, but DHB is DEFINITELY enough of a threat to keep safeties wary.

Glad someone brought up the subject of energizing the locker room....

I think it's a good point and one that can not be overlooked.    The team will certainly say Holy S**t!!   The team has really stepped up!    The owner,  the GM and the whole coaching staff have gone all in with this trade.   They believe in us.   The price they paid says they think we're close to a deep run in the post-season.

I have some mixed emotions on this trade,  but if you press me, I'd say I come down in favor of it.   Perhaps not by a lot,  but I like it more than I dislike it.

But I gotta give props to Irsay/Grigson/Pagano/Hamilton and anyone else involved in the decision.   They have the courage of their convictions and they acted on it.

Good for them.    It'd be nice if this really pays off for the team....    I don't expect much from TR this week,  but after that....  watch out!    

Here's hoping!     :thmup:     :thmup:     :thmup:     :thmup:     :thmup:     :thmup:     :thmup:     :thmup:     :thmup:     :thmup:     :thmup:     :thmup:     

Cowherd (espn) makes a great point on radio today. With the addition of Trent R. the Colt's players are saying "wow', we got a hammer, a power back, a player that opens things up for Reggie and T.Y. Hilton down field..

"Big time trade"

Don't know if you all saw this in the hectic thread about Trent Richardson. But here's the players reaction on Twitter when they found out

@DariusJButler: Wowsers!

@DominiqueJones5: Wow I bet nobody saw this coming but that's a great pickup for us!!!! Welcome to Indy Trent lets goooooo #coltstrong #btm

@PatMcAfeeShow: Well.. I'm pretty pumped we traded our 2014 1st round pick... No way we pick up a punter in the 1st round now... WOOO..Welcome to Indy Trent

@MattOverton_LS: BTM BABY!

@The_Boss61: Welcome to the fam bruh. Jump on this ride and help us continue building this monster. #coltsstrong http://t.co/s8eejuVzqH ←Josh Chapman

@theDHB85: WoW! Crazy! #BTM

@VontaeDavis23: WOW

@GosderCherilus: Wow!! #BTM

@Freakyjean99: That backfield looking good folks. ←Ricky Jean

@VickBallard: In the meantime supporting my team. Welcome to the fam T-Rich!

@C_Harnish: I would say the monster grew stronger today! #BTM

@RobertMathis98: #iDIGG

Guest TeamLoloJones

Don't know if you all saw this in the hectic thread about Trent Richardson. But here's the players reaction on Twitter when they found out

@DariusJButler: Wowsers!

@DominiqueJones5: Wow I bet nobody saw this coming but that's a great pickup for us!!!! Welcome to Indy Trent lets goooooo #coltstrong #btm

@PatMcAfeeShow: Well.. I'm pretty pumped we traded our 2014 1st round pick... No way we pick up a punter in the 1st round now... WOOO..Welcome to Indy Trent

@MattOverton_LS: BTM BABY!

@The_Boss61: Welcome to the fam bruh. Jump on this ride and help us continue building this monster. #coltsstrong http://t.co/s8eejuVzqH ←Josh Chapman

@theDHB85: WoW! Crazy! #BTM

@VontaeDavis23: WOW

@GosderCherilus: Wow!! #BTM

@Freakyjean99: That backfield looking good folks. ←Ricky Jean

@VickBallard: In the meantime supporting my team. Welcome to the fam T-Rich!

@C_Harnish: I would say the monster grew stronger today! #BTM

@RobertMathis98: #iDIGG

I think that fact that our players are now super pumped about getting TRich is almost as good as actually having him.  They are gonna have some swag heading into San Fran now.  Especially after the injuries we had this week.

Me too....Joker....exactly the same words...were said..

..and Bradshaw has a big time track record

What you and Joker are leaving out of this is the fact that it's highly doubtful that Bradshaw could have held up with a big workload. Pretty obvious that most teams had this worry when you look at how long Bradshaw was on the market and look at the small contract he signed. Plus I think T.R. can move a pile a bit better than Bradshaw and it seems the Colt brass was intent on something that was more toward a power running game.

Guest TeamLoloJones

or denver

I think the key to those games will just to keep it close into the second half when most running games start to work better by wearing down the defense.

I think that fact that our players are now super pumped about getting TRich is almost as good as actually having him.  They are gonna have some swag heading into San Fran now.  Especially after the injuries we had this week.

The last time practically the whole team took to twitter at the same time was when Pagano found out he was sick last year, ironically it was about the same time lol. 

#Coltsstrong  #Trentstrong

Guest TeamLoloJones

The last time practically the whole team took to twitter at the same time was when Pagano found out he was sick last year, ironically it was about the same time lol. 

#Coltsstrong  #Trentstrong

haha, Nice...