Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I heard Dwight Freeney is best 3-4 OLB through 2 games according to PFF

chad72

A lot of Chargers are doing well, according to PFF. On the flip side, Shareece Wright, their first year CB starter is giving up a whopping 200+ yards on the outside as CB. I doubt he plays that long if he continues doing that though he gave up those vs Andre Johnson and DJax.

Rivers has been the overall second best QB behind manning at 7.2.
Jarius Wynn is 11th out of 44 on 3-4 DE's

Dwight Freeney is the top 3-4 OLB in the league with a grade of 8.1 (second best is Aldon at 6.6)
Jarrett is 7th best 3-4 OLB the 3-4 OLB is all out of 36

I don't have a subscription, just copied these from a Chargers forum. I heard JMV on 1070 The Fan announce it to his listeners too about Freeney, so I know there is a link somewhere a subscriber can provide???

A lot of Chargers are doing well, according to PFF. On the flip side, Shareece Wright, their first year CB starter is giving up a whopping 200+ yards on the outside as CB. I doubt he plays that long if he continues doing that though he gave up those vs Andre Johnson and DJax.

Rivers has been the overall second best QB behind manning at 7.2.

Jarius Wynn is 11th out of 44 on 3-4 DE's

Dwight Freeney is the top 3-4 OLB in the league with a grade of 8.1 (second best is Aldon at 6.6)

Jarrett is 7th best 3-4 OLB the 3-4 OLB is all out of 36

I don't have a subscription, just copied these from a Chargers forum. I heard JMV on 1070 The Fan announce it to his listeners too about Freeney, so I know there is a link somewhere a subscriber can provide???

so much for PFF

be wary of defensive metric box scoring..its VERY deceptive

how about the eye test? He made the best LT in the league look like a rookie in the first game of the season.

Preach it Dustin. Jake Long has been solid vs most DEs and OLBs, yet Freeney harassed him in the Dolphins game last year. After seeing the lack of pass rush this year, I really do wonder if we should have kept him at a lower rate for pass rush situations. He was available well later into the season i.e. Freeney. If we are playing a true 3-4 hybrid, we cannot possibly be ignoring 4 man fronts throughout the year.

Suggs rarely drops into coverage and when you need the ball back badly, you need those pass rushers. I still don't think Freeney is an every down OLB but pass rush downs, he might have been willing to take less in a limited role with the Colts, I felt. What I am not sure is if we made any attempts to get him back.

how about the eye test? He made the best LT in the league look like a rookie in the first game of the season.

Really? Because they attempted 45 passes, and scored 24pts when everyone in the world knew they were throwing. 

Heres a simple eye test for everyone.....The Chargers have had 82 pass att against them. Dwight has .5 sack, and 1 tackle assist.....The Colts have had 63 pass att against them, and Mathis has 3 sacks, a FF, and 8 tackles......

Im sure neither one was on the field for every single attempt, but Im willing to bet Mathis had less attempts than Freeney, and has posted better results..... 

Anyone who thinks Freeney is better then Aldon Smith because of Pff needs to watch more football. Freeney has his moments as a pass rusher but he tires out and he's not good against the run.

It's not saying he's a better linebacker.

Its saying that in the first 2 weeks he's been the most productive.