Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tony Dungy says he would consider benching RG3 IF...

GoColts8818

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any of him acting like anything but a team player

You mean the year after year fake retirement he did keeping GB on eggshells and Rodgers on the bench? Or how about the second season with the Vikes when players from the team flew out to beg him to come back and play?

FYI - a pregame dance does not equal not being a team guy.

You mean the year after year fake retirement he did keeping GB on eggshells and Rodgers on the bench? Or how about the second season with the Vikes when players from the team flew out to beg him to come back and play?

FYI - a pregame dance does not equal not being a team guy.

did favre ask the Vikings brass to fly down there? Did he have a video crew follow him around during his release from the packers? Did he do more press conferences than any head coach he had?

and it is anything but being a team player when you do things to draw attention too yourself and not your teammates

did favre ask the Vikings brass to fly down there? Did he have a video crew follow him around during his release from the packers? Did he do more press conferences than any head coach he had?

lol man. You have got to be the only one I know to defend Favre the drama queen. Good luck with that.

so i guess you think the same about Micheal Jordan, Tony Gonzalez, and several other players that came back after announcing their retirements?

We are talking RG and Favre. Favre is widely considered to be one of the most selfish players in the history of the NFL as the article I posted stated which also listed all of Favre's "me first" words and actions.Might want to re-read it.

and it is anything but being a team player when you do things to draw attention too yourself and not your teammates

woe is the misinformed...

Griffin didn't go door to door begging for endorsements; the Gatorade documentary was originally supposed to be about a few players and they had actually started filming (Luck as well and I think Wilson too), but then they decided to just make it about Griffin's rehab; all press conferences with the exception of 1 were league or team mandated

woe is the misinformed...

Griffin didn't go door to door begging for endorsements; the Gatorade documentary was originally supposed to be about a few players and they had actually started filming (Luck as well and I think Wilson too), but then they decided to just make it about Griffin's rehab; all press conferences with the exception of 1 were league or team mandated

yeah, he screams team player all the way with his WWE entrance onto the field.

believe what you want, but at least base it on fact. But if you want to equate his entrance to whether or not he's a team player and ignore any evidence to the contrary, knock yourself out.

Why not just run onto the field like everyone else? There are far more decorated NFL players on the redskins that did just that

Why not just run onto the field like everyone else? There are far more decorated NFL players on the redskins that did just that

weak logic...why not hand the ball off to the ref after a TD like Barry Sanders? Why play to the crowd and do a dance or jump in the stands? Nothing wrong with a little showmanship; hard not to play to a crowd that was rabid about you since the day you got drafted. Says nothing about him as a teammate.

Wow, this thing got headed in a completely different direction.

All I can say is, RGIII doesn't necessarily rub me the right way with how he comes across.  He seems to think he knows more than the coaches, and instead of keeping it to himself he spouts off tidbits to the media in a joking fashion.

However, what he's done is not really a big deal in my eyes.  He's not putting blame around him.  He is simply who he is, and I suspect he'll be fine in a few months.