Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs Chiefs

IndyTrav

We've improved slowly over the last 4 games, so is game 5 the game we win? KC is missing a key RB, key TE, and a very good Safety. Last year they were a Dwayne Bowe drop away from beating a healthy Colts team at home.

I'm saying 24-21 Chiefs, pulling ahead with a late 4th quarter touchdown. This will be the best game of the year in terms of back and forth, but I just feel in the end we won't be able to get the points when we NEED them.

The #s game:

Tambi Hali 2 sacks 2 ff

Colts Def 2 ints 1 ff

Delone Carter 18 carries 80yds td

Bowe 6rec 124yds td

KC with a ST td

So far the Colts are putting a good 'ol fashioned butt whooping on the Chiefs. Impressed with Quinn Ojinnaka, for a guy that was just sitting around the house a few days ago, he has come in and started RT and looked better than Linkenpuke has all yr.. Of course it could be that KC is just so bad that anybody would look good.

If's he's retained after today he's in it until jim is gone.

Our defense is "built to play with the lead" right? RIGHT?!

Erm, ok. :hide:

Agreed, but that's also predicated on the offense continuing to be productive. It wasn't. Until 5:30 to go in the 4th quarter, we had just 30 yards of total offense in the 2nd half. Crennel adjusted to our offense pretty well and gave his team a chance to catch up.

We failed in the 2nd half as a team. Not just as a defense.

I'm not going to blame a large portion of this on the D at all. Going to put most of it on the offense, because they disappeared on the 2nd half. Can't run the ball, because the O-line got destroyed, dropped passes, overthrowing people by a mile and overall failing to execute. You cannot and should not expect a defense to play well when they're on a field a large majority of the 2nd half and are getting gassed. It's asking to much from them and it showed. If the offense atleast showed some ability to run the ball or even just kill the clock, the defense would have been fresher and played better. Can't blame it on the coaches, because the players failed to execute. Coaches coached a ok game overall, but the players on O failed to execute which lead to a very tired defense failing to execute.

If's he's retained after today he's in it until jim is gone.

Our defense is "built to play with the lead" right? RIGHT?!

Erm, ok. :hide:

D play calling is simply unexceptable, Painter put us in position to easily win, no defensive adjustments were maid, I guess its ok to play 5 yards off receivers and watch Dwayne bow and company do quick slants for the rest of the game

I'm saying 24-21 Chiefs, pulling ahead with a late 4th quarter touchdown. This will be the best game of the year in terms of back and forth, but I just feel in the end we won't be able to get the points when we NEED them. I was correct on the late TD, wrong on the score, and dead right about getting points when needed. Overall pretty good call I feel.

The #s game:

Tambi Hali 2 sacks 2 ff Wrong. Good job on our part by a guy who's been hot, although both tackles were for a loss

Colts Def 2 ints 1 ff Zero turnovers in the game. Amazing job by both teams

Delone Carter 18 carries 80yds td 12/22/1 close on touches and TD, off on Yards

Bowe 6rec 124yds td 7/128/2 Get me a medal

KC with a ST td Wrong again

I'm not going to blame a large portion of this on the D at all. Going to put most of it on the offense, because they disappeared on the 2nd half. Can't run the ball, because the O-line got destroyed, dropped passes, overthrowing people by a mile and overall failing to execute. You cannot and should not expect a defense to play well when they're on a field a large majority of the 2nd half and are getting gassed. It's asking to much from them and it showed. If the offense atleast showed some ability to run the ball or even just kill the clock, the defense would have been fresher and played better. Can't blame it on the coaches, because the players failed to execute. Coaches coached a ok game overall, but the players on O failed to execute which lead to a very tired defense failing to execute.

The offense barely had any second half possessions because no defensive adjustments were made...And the ones they did have were 3 and outs. I put blame on d coordinator for allowing corners 5 yards off the line.. Then you saw D Bowe and company chew us up. d was on the field the entire second half. The time of possession in the second half was laughable.

The offense barely had any second half possessions because no defensive adjustments were made...And the ones they did have were 3 and outs. I put blame on d coordinator for allowing corners 5 yards off the line.. Then you saw D Bowe and company chew us up. d was on the field the entire second half. The time of possession in the second half was laughable.

Offense barely was even noticeable. They barely had any true 'possessions' because they went 3 and out faster than the seahawks do. The defense was put in a losing situation. KC runs the ball down our throats tires us out and exploits the size difference between bow and lacey/johnson picks on them. Steve breaston also picked on johnson and it lead to a touchdown. All it took was giving the defense just a little bit of rest, but the offense couldn't gain a good drive and it let to pat having to punt more than ever.

Colts defense got completely manhandled in the 2nd half. The offense got cold because the defense allowed the Chiefs to hold the ball for so long that the offense lost their rhythm sitting around waiting to get back on the field. Dallas dropping catchable balls didn't help matters any. Aye Yie Yie. :facepalm: