Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Would You Do?

jackbutton96

Alright, so here's a scenario for you all, and before you respond, I want you to really try to mentally put yourself in the scenario and really think about what you would do. You ready? So here we go:

Imagine you are going about your typical daily life, wherever it may be that you live, and you receive a package in the mail with a letter inside from a lawyer, summoning you to come to an office building in downtown Indianapolis to collect an inheritance from a recently deceased, previously unknown distant relative. Along with the letter, there is: $1,800 in cash, a couple of round trip airline tickets to Indianapolis(for those of you that don't live within driving range), supporting documents that verify your relation to this mystery relative, and his death certificate. It is May, 2012. You go to this office building in downtown Indy and take the elevator to the top floor(the 12th floor), where the lawyer's office is located. As you exit the elevator and turn to go down the hall, you spot two very recognizable individuals walking in your direction, coming from the other end of the hall. It is Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck(whom the Colts have just drafted with the first pick not much more than a month previous). Before you can even process the surprise/shock/amazement (or whatever feeling you would be feeling), the floor starts shaking vigorously beneath your feet. Pictures and other various wall hangings start falling off the walls, drywall starts cracking and breaking, the air starts filling with dust, and you hear the unmistakable sound of heavy steel bending and snapping. Suddenly the floor splits wide open, you fall to the floor, it goes pitch black, and you are deafened by the most thunderous crash you've ever experienced. A minute or so passes and it is suddenly still. You start to see daylight as the dust begins to settle, and then your hearing starts to come back to you. You then hear two frantic voices yelling, 'HELP!'. The entire west face of the building has crumbled and collapsed! You make your way towards the voices, down what's left of the hall, through the debris, and as you approach the severed edge of the floor, you see Peyton and Andrew barely hanging onto a piece of corrugated sheet metal floor decking, as they dangle over the void. Again you hear the moan of bending/tearing metal. The piece starts tearing lose from the still standing portion of the building and a look of complete horror comes over their faces as they begin to fall. You can reach out, grab the hand of either one of them, and pull him to safety before the other falls to a certain doom. What do you do? Who do you save?

wth...smh I'm still wondering why you couldn't have shortened this to:

"Who do you save in a life or death situation: Andrew Luck or PM?"

but nooooo you want to give me details, that are just flat out weird. I'm sorry, but this is an awful thread.

but nooooo you want to give me details, that are just flat out weird. I'm sorry, but this is an awful thread.

Awe, c'mon man, really? I guess you don't have much of an appreciation for creative writing... The details are to help put you there in the scenario, thusly resulting in more genuine, hard thought responses as opposed to superficial, lazy responses. Oh well, guess ya can't win 'em all...

hahahahaha! Not the type of response I was looking for, but very entertaining nonetheless! Well played. ;)

I'm a bottom feeder.

We get enough of the same 'ol same 'ol around here. So what if people think your thread is whacky. Tell 'em I said to stick it in their ear.....lol

rotfl I'll give you a "A" for creativity. I realized where you were going with this about half-way through. It's a bit much, but amusing.

With those "realistic" details, however, I'd have to give you a "realistic" answer. Since I'm a devote coward who hasn't got a chance in heck of hoisting a 230+ body up by one hand, I'd be more likely to call 911 and run for the exit - not necessarily in that order.

Alright, so here's a scenario for you all, and before you respond, I want you to really try to mentally put yourself in the scenario and really think about what you would do. You ready? So here we go:

Imagine you are going about your typical daily life, wherever it may be that you live, and you receive a package in the mail with a letter inside from a lawyer, summoning you to come to an office building in downtown Indianapolis to collect an inheritance from a recently deceased, previously unknown distant relative. Along with the letter, there is: $2,500 in cash, a couple of round trip airline tickets to Indianapolis(for those of you that don't live within driving range), supporting documents that verify your relation to this mystery relative, and his death certificate. It is May, 2012. You go to this office building in downtown Indy and take the elevator to the top floor(the 12th floor), where the lawyer's office is located. As you exit the elevator and turn to go down the hall, you spot two very recognizable individuals walking in your direction, coming from the other end of the hall. It is Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck(whom the Colts have just drafted with the first pick not much more than a month previous). Before you can even process the surprise/shock/amazement (or whatever feeling you would be feeling), the floor starts shaking vigorously beneath your feet. Pictures and other various wall hangings start falling off the walls, drywall starts cracking and breaking, the air starts filling with dust, and you hear the unmistakable sound of heavy steel bending and snapping. Suddenly the floor splits wide open, you fall to the floor, it goes pitch black, and you are deafened by the most thunderous crash you've ever experienced. A minute or so passes and it is suddenly still. You start to see daylight as the dust begins to settle, and then your hearing starts to come back to you. You then hear two frantic voices yelling, 'HELP!'. The entire west face of the building has crumbled and collapsed! You make your way towards the voices, down what's left of the hall, through the debris, and as you approach the severed edge of the floor, you see Peyton and Andrew barely hanging onto a piece of corrugated sheet metal floor decking, as they dangle over the void. Again you hear the moan of bending/tearing metal. The piece starts tearing lose from the still standing portion of the building and a look of complete horror comes over their faces as they begin to fall. You can reach out, grab the hand of either one of them, and pull him to safety before the other falls to a certain doom. What do you do? Who do you save?

are you bob dylan?

I guess ill actually answer the question lol... Peyton Manning 100%. not even close.

Thank you for the straight answer, man! Me too. It'd be like deciding between a family member and a total stranger. I'd be so focused on saving my family member that I'd be oblivious to anyone else needing help until my loved one was safe. There's no question who I'd save.

Also, Andy, have you ever heard of symbolism? The details are what they are for a reason. I thought I had made the symbolism pretty overt... :scratch::dunno:

.....and the wet blanket award goes to.....

A wet blanket might prove useful in a fire, but alas not in a building collapse.

My goodness. At least when my wife says "whatever" she takes the trouble to spell it out.

Id try and save Peyton, but seeing as my 5'7 stature probably couldn't pull him up, even though i am incredibly strong.. we would both end up falling to an unfortunate death. I would however most likely be so aww struck that it probably wouldn't occur to me i was about ready to die. haha

Also, Andy, have you ever heard of symbolism? The details are what they are for a reason. I thought I had made the symbolism pretty overt... :scratch::dunno:

You're telling me there's a meaning behind these words...

Whatever if I can't fight it, why not join it... I'd save Peyton because he's my fav player