Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We didnt see it...help

oldunclemark

a lot of fans couldn't watch today's Colts-Oakland game and the NFL Red Zone was no help..

they almost apologized the few times they cut to Indy..

For those who saw it...

Was it a medicore performance?  Resaon for concern?

Trailing Oakland....Sounds like Luck and Reggie cam e on late and saved the day, right?

Were we conservative?  Did we run well?

...Did we play DOWN to their  level as we often did in 2012?

All thoughts are w elcome.....I flat out didn't see the game

a lot of fans couldn't watch today's Colts-Oakland game and the NFL Red Zone was no help..

they almost apologized the few times they cut to Indy..

For those who saw it...

Was it a medicore performance?  Resaon for concern?

Trailing Oakland....Sounds like Luck and Reggie cam e on late and saved the day, right?

Were we conservative?  Did we run well?

...Did we play DOWN to their  level as we often did in 2012?

It was week 1. 

Pryor scrambled most of the day from sideline to sideline and made some nice plays. Had it been Flynn sitting in the pocket then the game would have been a blowout. Pryor kept plays alive and found open receivers down the field or he just took off running. It was a quirky game.

Luck played awesome.

Our defense over pursued  often and when we did not set the edge, Pryor ran out of the pocket and exploited us for it. By the end of the game, our defense was so gassed they could barely run straight to him and get close to him.

Week 1 games are always a little goofy.

What matters is the Colts won. :)

I'll just repost what I put in another thread..........

"I'm not sure I've ever been as disappointed with a win as I am today. Maybe I was expecting too much, but the containment on Pryor was just embarrassingly bad. The offensive play calling was terrible and the o-line still needs major work. I'm not usually one to over react but I was not impressed today."

If they would have adjusted to Pryor running all over the place and find a way to contain him, I think we would have won by 3 TD's, but they never adjusted at all. The O-line still looks bad and we need to open up the playbook. Too darn conservative!

they almost apologized the few times they cut to Indy..

For those who saw it...

Was it a medicore performance? Resaon for concern?

Were we conservative? Did we run well?

...Did we play DOWN to their level as we often did in 2012?

Ran well Ballard with 4.8 ypc. Luck was highly impressive completing 78% of his passes 3 total TDs. Laron Landry was @ his finest. D did ok overall minus the exception of Pryor running all over the place. The pressure was there he was always just our of their grasp, escaping and evading every single time we almost got to him. D also held McFadden to 17 carres 48 yards or so. OL looked good at times, but also terrible at times allowing 4 sacks and some uneccesary penalties. Was ugly but a win is a win.

It was week 1. 

Pryor scrambled most of the day from sideline to sideline and made some nice plays. Had it been Flynn sitting in the pocket then the game would have been a blowout. Pryor kept plays alive and found open receivers down the field or he just took off running. It was a quirky game.

Luck played awesome.

Our defense over pursued  often and when we did not set the edge, Pryor ran out of the pocket and exploited us for it. By the end of the game, our defense was so gassed they could barely run straight to him and get close to him.

The Raiders with a few of their receptions

It was week 1. 

Luck played awesome.

Agreed. 100% I know that what matters is that the Colts won. I know its week one..

AGAIN....just...didn't see it..and I got very nervous when the report cane that we fell behind

15 tackles for Landry...was he that good??   Only 59 plays from scrimmage for the Colts??

Sounds like oak hand the ball much of the game...right?

all details beyond the box score are appreciated

I'll just repost what I put in another thread..........

"I'm not sure I've ever been as disappointed with a win as I am today. Maybe I was expecting too much, but the containment on Pryor was just embarrassingly bad. The offensive play calling was terrible and the o-line still needs major work. I'm not usually one to over react but I was not impressed today."

If they would have adjusted to Pryor running all over the place and find a way to contain him, I think we would have won by 3 TD's, but they never adjusted at all. The O-line still looks bad and we need to open up the playbook. Too darn conservative!

sounds like we need big time improvement when we line up across from Russell Wilson and Kap..

It was week 1. 

Luck played awesome.

Nicely put

The offense played lights out for a quarter and a half and then they started playing poorly until the 4th quarter.  The defense was so so.  They couldn't contain Pryor on the read option or when he scrambled.  Sometimes Pryor had all day to throw.  There were also a few really badly missed assignments on defense that left receivers wide open. 

It was an ugly win.  Janikowsky missed a FG and one of the Raiders receivers bobbled a sure TD in the endzone.  Otherwise, the game may have turned out differently. 

Agreed. 100% I know that what matters is that the Colts won. I know its week one..

AGAIN....just...didn't see it..and I got very nervous when the report cane that we fell behind

15 tackles for Landry...was he that good??   Only 59 plays from scrimmage for the Colts??

Pryor was the most elusive player on the field. He was quick and avoided several Colts all day long. He also threw some nice passes.

On several plays we had coverage sacks, and instead of a loss Pryor was able to escape the pocket and make something out of nothing. That was the Raiders offense throughout the game.

I'd say it was more that the rest of the defense was that bad more than Landry that good.  There was very little to be happy about defensively in the game.  No pressure against their injured offensive line, wide open receivers when Pryor wasn't gashing the defense for huge gains with his legs.  They did at least contain Mcfadden decently.  

Offense was good other than an awful third quarter where we couldn't figure out Oakland's blitzes.  Running game looked much improved and Luck's numbers were efficient.  Took longer to adjust to the blitzes than it should have but otherwise I was pleased.  Don't understand the displeasure with the play calling as I found it much improved from last year.

How did Ahmad Bradshaw look ...Donald Brown didn't play at all.

The running was okay for somewhat limited carries?

The offense was better with Ballard than Bradshaw and it was very noticeable. During the game, I even said to myself, We are playing better with Ballard.

I don't remember seeing Donald on the field. 

Pryor was the most elusive player on the field. He was quick and avoided several Colts all day long. He also threw some nice passes.

On several plays we had coverage sacks, and instead of a loss Pryor was able to escape the pocket and make something out of nothing. That was the Raiders offense throughout the game.

Pryor was a lot better than we all thought??

The offense was better with Ballard than Bradshaw and it was very noticeable. During the game, I even said to myself, We are playing better with Ballard.

I don't remember seeing Donald on the field. 

I was thinking the same thing when Bradshaw was in.  I was wondering if Ballard was injured. 

The only time I saw Brown on the field was special teams.

By the way, special teams played awesome today!

I can't speak for "we", but I figured he would be running around a lot today. I did not think he would be as successful as he was though so the answer is yes for me. He played better than I thought he would, but I never thought he would stink, I thought his O-Line would stink.

His passing was pretty much what you would expect but the secondary's coverage was pretty awful.  Other than an interception on a throw that shouldn't have been made, Toler looked like Vaughn today.  Pryor made 2 terrible passes and both were picked.  Probably the difference in the game today.  He is extremely fast and our contain was nonexistant.

The offense played lights out for a quarter and a half and then they started playing poorly until the 4th quarter.  The defense was so so.  They couldn't contain Pryor on the read option or when he scrambled.  Sometimes Pryor had all day to throw.  There were also a few really badly missed assignments on defense that left receivers wide open. 

It was an ugly win.  Janikowsky missed a FG and one of the Raiders receivers bobbled a sure TD in the endzone.  Otherwise, the game may have turned out differently. 

Thanks to all....Just hated not to be able to watch....Had to watch the Bears.

By the way...Cincy, Balt, Pitt Cleve.....all losers in week one....

But we're tied with the Jets???? the jets won????  OMG

It was week 1. 

Luck played awesome.

Man that was there biggest flaw under Polian/Dungy. No question they could swarm the ball but a lot of whiffs in between which is the pitfall over a pursuit defense.

I saw them still do it some in preseason so wondered if they're back at it.

I didn't see the game but looking at the scores coming in ..well they're beating them so it's still welcome to the NFL.

"Where everyone has a fair shot, a chance to make it, no matter who you are, no matter....."      oops I'm getting political :devil:

I was thinking the same thing when Bradshaw was in.  I was wondering if Ballard was injured. 

The only time I saw Brown on the field was special teams.

By the way, special teams played awesome today!

DB did play special teams?..that means he knows he's 3rd string....

Probably volunteered for special teams...just to get on the field

His passing was pretty much what you would expect but the secondary's coverage was pretty awful.  Other than an interception on a throw that shouldn't have been made, Toler looked like Vaughn today.  Pryor made 2 terrible passes and both were picked.  Probably the difference in the game today.  He is extremely fast and our contain was nonexistant.

At least Toler turned around and made that INT.  That ball would have either hit Vaughn in the back or there would have been some amazing catch by the receiver. 

How did Ahmad Bradshaw look ...Donald Brown didn't play at all.

The running was okay for somewhat limited carries?

As it should have been. I don't see how people were talking about Brown getting his carries. Barring injury I don't see him playing much. Vick Ballard again showed that behind a bad line he can make big plays... AB's first carry was for negative yards, but he had a really good one for a first down in which he looked like a good change of pace in Ballard absence.

Thanks to all....Just hated not to be able to watch....Had to watch the Bears.

By the way...Cincy, Balt, Pitt Cleve.....all losers in week one....

But we're tied with the Jets???? the jets won???? OMG

The NFL is always crazy week 1. Even the Pats sqeaked one by. Good teams will improve going forward and bad teams will....well they will be bad.

Lets hope the Colts improve. lets all remember that all teams gave pride and will not lay down for anyone. I was happy with the Colts this week, we have a bright future.

Ugly win.  Our QB is better than their QB.  Pryor danced around all day like it was the sandlot, but did make some nifty plays to get his team the lead.  Then our QB went out and did what a real NFL QB has to do to win a game - marched his team for a go ahead TD in the 4th quarter.  And ironically pulled a Pryor and ran it in himself.  Best 19 yards of the day.  Special thanks to AB41 for the late INT.  Easy win, just ugly.