Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Curious

markabrown96

They don't seem to be calling holding in the preseason. A few times our edge guys were being bear hugged. Not to say that will ever be called.

The OP is right though, cutbacks have always been our bane. Lane responsibility should take care of that.

They don't seem to be calling holding in the preseason. A few times our edge guys were being bear hugged. Not to say that will ever be called.

The OP is right though, cutbacks have always been our bane. Lane responsibility should take care of that.

I completely agree. I saw Jerrell Freeman get wrapped up Sunday night. It led to a pretty big gain, too.

Considering the new rule change that RB's can't lower shoulders or their head outside the lines or whatever the new rule is, Laron Landry is gonna take care of those stretch & cutback plays.

Anyone remember the Giants game that play where Antoine Bethea came flying down from the safety spot & hit the ball carrier?

Now picture that being done by Laron Landry. That would've been a fumble, maybe a injury to the runner, & a turnover for our defense

:yahoo:

Considering the new rule change that RB's can't lower shoulders or their head outside the lines or whatever the new rule is, Laron Landry is gonna take care of those stretch & cutback plays.

Anyone remember the Giants game that play where Antoine Bethea came flying down from the safety spot & hit the ball carrier?

Now picture that being done by Laron Landry. That would've been a fumble, maybe a injury to the runner, & a turnover for our defense

:yahoo:

That's not really the rule

Yep, I counted 5 plays where at least one gratuitous hold led to a big gain for the Giants. Their RBs looked good but many of those gaps they ran though were ill gotten.

Yep, I counted 5 plays where at least one gratuitous hold led to a big gain for the Giants. Their RBs looked good but many of those gaps they ran though were ill gotten.

Yeah, it was pretty obvious. I know they won't call a hold if the defender grabs with his hands inside. But some of those were almost tackles. I think on one play the lineman was hanging on to Rayfords foot and he was dragging him along. Almost comical.

I think the refs just want to get those games over with.

I thought the technique was much better on the outside against the Giants. The Browns will probably test the middle a bit more, which is where we are kind of questionable. But what really annoyed me is the missed and broken tackles. If we would just tackle better, we would have fewer big gains against us.

I thought the technique was much better on the outside against the Giants. The Browns will probably test the middle a bit more, which is where we are kind of questionable. But what really annoyed me is the missed and broken tackles. If we would just tackle better, we would have fewer big gains against us.

Chalk that up to limiting live tackling in practice, Pagano said only live tackling they do is in the redzone. That's probably why they are so good in the redzone so far.