Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign FB Robert Hughes.

Dustin

Robert Hughes just needs a real opportunity to play..

....I dont think he's ever gotten one...

He would have had a chance last year when Brown and Carter were injured.  But he was hurt after one game too.

The only way he makes the team is if Havili is injured.  And he can show he can stay out of the tub.

He would have had a chance last year when Brown and Carter were injured.  But he was hurt after one game too.

The only way he makes the team is if Havili is injured.  And he can show he can stay out of the tub.

The fact that they resigned him indicates they may agree with your first sentence..

The 2nd part is probably wrong........If we are as obcessed with running the ball (I pray they're not committed to that) as Pep and Chuck seem to be, we''ll need 2 fullbacks'.

I know Havili is a favorite and was hand picked to come here....by Mr. G.

......but if we're seriously going to take our offense back to the 1980s, we need a FB that can gain yards, not just block.

I think that can be Hughes..

The fact that they resigned him indicates they may agree with your first sentence..

The 2nd part is probably wrong........If we are as obcessed with running the ball (I pray they're not committed to that) as Pep and Chuck seem to be, we''ll need 2 fullbacks'.

......but if we're seriously going to take our offense back to the 1980s, we need a FB that can gain yards, not just block.

Havili has more speed to him, He was likely brought in to a  of everything, catch, run and block

You could be right, but I just can't see how we can carry two FBs.  Not unless they're on the field for at least two downs.  The FB just isn't as versatile as an HB, like Allen played.  Should be a better blocker though.

I think they'll carry one, Havili, and put one on the PS in case he gets hurt. 

You could be right, but I just can't see how we can carry two FBs.  Not unless they're on the field for at least two downs.  The FB just isn't as versatile as an HB, like Allen played.  Should be a better blocker though.

I think they'll carry one, Havili, and put one on the PS in case he gets hurt. 

That's a good point about Allen.

he could, in effect, be the 2nd fullback... in some formations...

I just have always liked Hughes running ability and he is a special teams player.

He may be headed for the practice squad....which would be fine. He would be available if needed