Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Mayock: Rams receiver Tavon Auston "might be the most explosive player I've ever seen in my life."

Dustin

The only reason SW1 clicked on this topic: 2 words...Mike Mayock...

"Rams receiver Tavon Auston "might be the most explosive player I've ever seen in my life." High praise coming from an analyst I really respect. Does Charles Davis on NFL Network concur with Mike as well too? 

Why can't he pop by LOS for a visit other than the February Combine? I wanna him him critique us or at least the AFC South in the flesh anyway come on Mike.

You can drop a Norte Dame broadcast or skip a NE trip to see Bill Belichick can't ya? Just Kidding! Besides, how many times can 1 person shake hands with singer Bon Jovi anyway?  haha

There is that 3rd person usage again. Lockedown doesn't like that.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would advise you to take your own advice, but I'm quite sure you won't. At least you didn't give me one of your usual two page respnses nobody reads. You garnered a like from a half*** troll, so there's that.

I find your defensiveness at anyone challenging your opinion very amusing. I write long responses because I like talking and debating football, and thus like to explain my position. You like to make sweeping statements for dramatic effect.

Grow up. :)

I find your defensiveness at anyone challenging your opinion very amusing. I write long responses because I like talking and debating football, and thus like to explain my position. You like to make sweeping statements for dramatic effect.

Grow up. :)

Get real guy. You are the most patronizing/pretentious guy on this board. You write long, boring responses about a relatively simple game because, for some unknown reason, you seem to be very impressed with yourself.

And it wasn't defensiveness....your misleading claim was just silly. If you looked at their pro days as you claim, you know they were practically identical. If you think TY is more explosive just say so.

Now you can go back to your mature, late night Manning/Brady debates with Patriots fans.

Get real guy. You are the most patronizing/pretentious guy on this board. You write long, boring responses about a relatively simple game because, for some unknown reason, you seem to be very impressed with yourself.

And it wasn't defensiveness....your misleading claim was just silly. If you looked at their pro days as you claim, you know they were practically identical. If you think TY is more explosive just say so.

Now you can go back to your mature, late night Manning/Brady debates with Patriots fans.

lol, I am only patronizing/pretentious when I have been provoked to do so. I have every reason to be impressed with myself ;)

A relatively simple game? That's just not true. It can be overcomplicated and over-analysed at times yes, but it is not simple. You have a problem with my posts? Well that is my problem with yours... you love going against the grain just for the sake of it, as if nobody could see it but you.

My Brady/Manning debates only take place as they presumably do with everyone else, when highly inebriated. Good to see you are reading my long, boring posts though. :)

lol, I am only patronizing/pretentious when I have been provoked to do so. I have every reason to be impressed with myself ;)

A relatively simple game? That's just not true. It can be overcomplicated and over-analysed at times yes, but it is not simple. You have a problem with my posts? Well that is my problem with yours... you love going against the grain just for the sake of it, as if nobody could see it but you.

My Brady/Manning debates only take place as they presumably do with everyone else, when highly inebriated. Good to see you are reading my long, boring posts though. :)

I go against the grain just for the sake of it? Example?

I go against the grain just for the sake of it? Example?

Brazill is more explosive than Hilton. :)

Despite my overactive participation on this board, I am actually too busy to sift through posts, which ordinarily I would do, because like you, I love winning debates. :)

Regardless, I think you obviously have a good football knowledge, but you make sweeping statements, and respond in a condescending when anyone questions it... and yes, I do that too, but I do not instigate it. There are people here who test my patience but I bite my lip the majority of the time unless someone has got lippy first. So you calling me patronizing exudes a degree of irony, but whatever. Maybe your posts are not intentionally controversial, but they come across that way. The same way I do not intentionally write long boring posts, I only care about 4 or 5 peoples opinions on here anyway, and they usually read them.

I brought up the combine/pro day thing because, yes, a lot of the results are narrow wins for Hilton, but he wins in every category, a few quite comfortably. I do not hold combine results in high regard but in relation to a purely tangible, physical aspect, which is fairly comparable, such as explosiveness, it has relevance. It was meant to be a discussion point for the debate, not a shot as you obviously perceived it.

Brazill is more explosive than Hilton. :)

Despite my overactive participation on this board, I am actually too busy to sift through posts, which ordinarily I would do, because like you, I love winning debates. :)

Regardless, I think you obviously have a good football knowledge, but you make sweeping statements, and respond in a condescending when anyone questions it... and yes, I do that too, but I do not instigate it. There are people here who test my patience but I bite my lip the majority of the time unless someone has got lippy first. So you calling me patronizing exudes a degree of irony, but whatever. Maybe your posts are not intentionally controversial, but they come across that way. The same way I do not intentionally write long boring posts, I only care about 4 or 5 peoples opinions on here anyway, and they usually read them.

I brought up the combine/pro day thing because, yes, a lot of the results are narrow wins for Hilton, but he wins in every category, a few quite comfortably. I do not hold combine results in high regard but in relation to a purely tangible, physical aspect, which is fairly comparable, such as explosiveness, it has relevance. It was meant to be a discussion point for the debate, not a shot as you obviously perceived it.

When you compare pro days Hilton doesn't win one comfortably.....unless you call his one inch broad jump advantage comfortable.

As far as the rest...we have both said our piece so I will leave it at that.

Um, that's pretty much exactly what he did on page 1, he even said the same thing you did regarding their pro day numbers being very similar and he said that he simply thinks TY is more explosive whereas you clearly disagree.  Your reply:

Then why did you bother?

Um, that's pretty much exactly what he did on page 1, he even said the same thing you did regarding their pro day numbers being very similar and he said that he simply thinks TY is more explosive whereas you clearly disagree.  Your reply:

Because I felt slightly and almost identical are different.

We dropped it, but good going attempting to stir it back up.

Because I felt slightly and almost identical are different.

We dropped it, but good going attempting to stir it back up.

I apologize for using your spoon without permission sir.  :stir:

though for the record, I had noticed that the tone of your posts lately didn't quite have that same jerkish, condescending tone that I was used to seeing...I was a little impressed.  then I came across this thread.  guess everyone has a setback now and then right? :P lol

I apologize for using your spoon without permission sir. :stir:

though for the record, I had noticed that the tone of your posts lately didn't quite have that same jerkish, condescending tone that I was used to seeing...I was a little impressed. then I came across this thread. guess everyone has a setback now and then right? :P lol

I have never used that spoon. To say that is a flat out lie.....but at least ur consistent in that dept.

I see you are the same hypocrite you have always been.....see your response to oldunclemark in his thread about the offense. Now p*** off.

I have never used that spoon. To say that is a flat out lie.....but at least ur consistent in that dept.

I see you are the same hypocrite you have always been.....see your response to oldunclemark in his thread about the offense. Now p*** off.

that's hysterical, but I wouldn't expect you to see it when you're the one doing it.  

and how am I a hypocrite?  I never said I was never guilty of being BOTT'ish from time to time.  typically when it happens with me though is when someone comes at me like that (as with you) or as in mark's thread which was the culmination of reading the same gibberish from him pretty much all summer about how our offense "needs" to be.  does that make it right?  nah, not really.  No one is perfect.  

that's hysterical, but I wouldn't expect you to see it when you're the one doing it.

and how am I a hypocrite? I never said I was never guilty of being BOTT'ish from time to time. typically when it happens with me though is when someone comes at me like that (as with you) or as in mark's thread which was the culmination of reading the same gibberish from him pretty much all summer about how our offense "needs" to be. does that make it right? nah, not really. No one is perfect.

Give me an example where stir the pot.

Everybody is tired of his obsession with throwing the ball, but the guy is always polite.

I'm pretty sure you were the aforementioned half-troll. :P lol

Yep, of course, though I could have sworn he said that I wasn't a troll, merely a poster that "plays a game" in another, quite prominent thread we had a few weeks back. But arguments change day by day, according to agenda I suppose lol. Now I think we've both gotten on his bad side though. Watch out, you might get the troll label too man haha The term is thrown around too lightly now.

Yep, of course, though I could have sworn he said that I wasn't a troll, merely a poster that "plays a game" in another, quite prominent thread we had a few weeks back. But arguments change day by day, according to the agenda I suppose lol. Now I think we've both gotten on his bad side. Watch out, you might get the troll label too man haha

Don't worry, you have always stayed on my bad side. And ur pretty much the only person I have called a troll.....and it's not like I'm alone in that opinion.

Don't worry, you have always stayed on my bad side. And ur pretty much the only person I have called a troll.....and it's not like I'm alone in that opinion.

Yeah, all the other guys who don't like opposing fans on "their" board tend to call me the same. While others don't mind having a guy that likes to talk football around lol.

Yep, of course, though I could have sworn he said that I wasn't a troll, merely a poster that "plays a game" in another, quite prominent thread we had a few weeks back. But arguments change day by day, according to the point being made I suppose lol. Now I think we've both gotten on the bad side though. Watch out, you might get the troll label too man haha The term is thrown around too lightly now.

oh-noes.jpg

lol.  I can only hope and pray that day never comes.  :HFire:

Give me an example where stir the pot.

Everybody is tired of his obsession with throwing the ball, but the guy is always polite.

Check any conversation you and I have had that devolved into...well...this. ;)

and yeah I will agree with you that Mark is always polite....and I'm just glad to know that you know what polite is.  :thmup:   Oh and for the record, I had tried many times in several different threads to counter Mark's theories with well reasoned explanations that were consistently ignored.  

Yeah, all the other guys who don't like opposing fans on "their" board tend to call me the same. While others don't mind having a guy that likes to talk football around lol.

Funny, the patriots fans on this board don't routinely get called trolls. U are just that non biased poster who always sides against the colts, a colts player, etc....

Funny, the patriots fans on this board don't routinely get called trolls. U are just that non biased poster who always sides against the colts, a colts player, etc....

I don't routinely get called a troll either. I've seen it with am, Vance, VL...someone even pulled it with GoPats about a week or so ago. The guy proceeded to put both he and myself on ignore, the old getter-outter lol.  Whenever a disagreement erupts and an outsider is involved the word troll is flung out there. I have no clue what you mean as most situations don't call for me to side against any Colts players. I wouldn't be here if I didn't enjoy the company and talk (including all of the player praise) of the fans lol. There is no agenda, trust me.

I don't routinely get called a troll either. I've seen it with am, Vance, VL...someone even pulled it with GoPats about a week or so ago. The guy proceeded to put both he and myself on ignore, the old getter-outter lol.  Whenever a disagreement erupts and an outsider is involved the word troll is flung out there. I have no clue what you mean as most situations don't call for me to side against any Colts players. I wouldn't be here if I didn't enjoy the company and talk (including all of the player praise) of the fans lol. There is no agenda, trust me.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure VL is an actual troll lol

That troll card is flung at you with far more frequency as compared to any of the other regulars.....u can't deny that.

And AM isn't a troll, he just an extreme homer....sometimes.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure VL is an actual troll lol

haha Yeah, maybe not the best name to throw out there, but hey, I was running out of options. I haven't seen Yehoodi accused of it so I couldn't use him as an example :)

That troll card is flung at you with far more frequency as compared to any of the other regulars.....u can't deny that.

Hmm, I don't know...I think that one is still to be determined.

lol

I'm actually guilty of this too sometimes. Only when the situation calls for it though :) As for the first part I think I've been here longest of the other guys and am one of the most vocal on the site, so it's only natural I guess.