Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Mayock: Rams receiver Tavon Auston "might be the most explosive player I've ever seen in my life."

Dustin

Agreed Anton..I like Mike Mayock....and he's credible

I just have severe doubts about whether Tavon Austin at 175 pounds can survive a lot of NFL games as anything other than a kick returner...

...he's going to take serious punishment from people at least 20 pounds heavier every time he gets hit...

That dog wont hunt....

TY is only 3 lbs heavier (listed at 178) than Austin, and he proved quite a few times last year her could take the pounding. (ie the punt return after the returned the previous one for a TD. He sat out a couple of series, and came back in and made some catches. It will be Austin's ability, (or inability) to get down or out of bounds quickly that will determine the length of his career..(kinda like Marvin)..Get as many yards as you can, then get down to avoid the bone crushing hits...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to topic... If you look at Austin's pro day in comparison to both Hilton and Brazill... he blows them away... he is on a different level of athleticism.

In relation to getting hit by bigger players... people like Austin/Hilton tend to bounce of bigger guys due to their superior balance, agility and core stability. As long as they keep their feet moving they will always be able to absorb the hit.