Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

VY in GB

PrincetonTiger

Revive his career?  Do decently in limited playing time in Green Bay, boost your trade stock, then the Pack trade him in the offseason to a QB needy team?

I don't think there will be much playing time for him this year. I expect GreenBay to be in some tight games this year and they'll need Rodgers all the way. I honestly can't see a team wanting to trade for VY either. He'll be 30-31 this year, and hasn't had the best reputation in this league. Not a great team guy. I do think GreenBay has a lot of weapons (many of which get underrated) but  I don't think VY is the guy to get them the ball. A puzzling move imo.

I don't think there will be much playing time for him this year. I expect GreenBay to be in some tight games this year and they'll need Rodgers all the way. I honestly can't see a team wanting to trade for VY either. He'll be 30-31 this year, and hasn't had the best reputation in this league. Not a great team guy. I do think GreenBay has a lot of weapons (many of which get underrated) but  I don't think VY is the guy to get them the ball. A puzzling move imo.

Apparently, their backups aren't doing too well in camp and Rodgers has been hurt in the past, so they aren't happy with their backup QB situation.  Bringing in VY gives them a good player to be their backup in case they need it