Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Lilja to Broncos?

DILLIGAFER

So do the Broncos have more members from our 2006 Super Bowl team than we do yet?

Honestly I think it's tied they have Manning, Lilja, and Stokley (he was on IR) and we have Wayne, Adam, and Bethea. I don't think I am missing anyone.

I was wrong very wrong we still have more how dare I forget Mathis!

Almost.....That's a very good point.....Jacob Tamme came along later...

I guess when Colts get old they head to the ranch and become Broncos

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..and I am mistaken..Wes Welker is 32...

I guess I often think of him as being older. I misjudged the age of some of these guys lol.

barring injury.....I dont think there's any question about it.

The offense Denver has now if the best Manning has ever had...around him

We'll see. Could be. I still think we had better offenses here in Manning's prime......then again it's not necessarily what is going to win you the ring either. You need a little defense too, which is where people usually get concerned about Denver. Not too many have concerns about the Denver offense assuming the o line holds up and they can run the ball and are not completely one dimensional against good defenses.

FRan Tarkenton

I guess I often think of him as being older. I misjudged the age of some of these guys lol.

We'll see. Could be. I still think we had better offenses here in Manning's prime......then again it's not necessarily what is going to win you the ring either. You need a little defense too, which is where people usually get concerned about Denver. Not too many have concerns about the Denver offense assuming the o line holds up and they can run the ball and are not completely one dimensional against good defenses.

oh brother. why dont you go check TDs numbers. I have work in the morning goodbye

Sorry to drop numbers on you but......its not odd at all for top QBs to do well at age 38.....that case is pretty much closed...

want one more?   Fran Tarkenton   Hall-of-Famer..at age 38

345 of 572, (Career high) 3,468 yards, 25TDs     in 16 games

Im just amazed that folks talk themselves into believing that someone who completed 400 of 586 passes for 4,600 yards. with 37 TDs and 11 INTs  when he was playing at about 85-90% at age 36 is suddenly going to tail off with better health, better receivers and a better line at age 37.

That dog wont hunt..

and all im saying is I doubt he can keep it up. even someone as great as peyton will start to decline

You might want to note that 36-year-old Tom Brady (10,000 yards the last 2 seasons) and 34-year-old Drew Brees ('Mr. 5,000 yards') are hardly in decline and they are basically the same age as Peyton...

FRan Tarkenton

Sorry to drop numbers on you but......its not odd at all for top QBs to do well at age 38.....that case is pretty much closed...

Im just amazed that folks talk themselves into believing that someone who completed 400 of 586 passes for 4,600 yards. with 37 TDs and 11 INTs  when he was playing at about 85-90% at age 36 is suddenly going to tail off with better health, better receivers and a better line at age 37.

That dog wont hunt..

Dude you are getting SERIOUS now. You are underlining everything. :woah:

you call throwing for just 3600 yards and 23 tds a BIG contribution?

Top five in the league. You forget that the game has changed.  By the way, I couldn't stand Elway back then because of what he did to the Colts, but he never "managed" a game in his life.

This goes hand in hand with people taking Peyton's accomplishments for granted. I often sort of read between the lines "Yeah, he put up 4,000 every year, so what. Even Stafford did 5". Well the "so what" is that no one else did it consistently back then. It was transcendent, and helped alter the offensive approach around the league - which is how Stafford had the opportunity to reach 5 in the first place. Teams chase what's successful.

Johnny Unitas also redefined the QB position, and he was to the 60s what Peyton was to the 00s. And he won the Super Bowl at 37 or 8. And he played until he was 40. Granted by that Super Bowl he was a shell of his former self, but that actually supports the argument that Peyton can play longer. He is NOT a mere shell of himself, he's still one of the best in the league. Medicine, training and nutrition have changed enormously in 40 years. Johnny was somewhat broken at that age. Peyton is a freaking horse, and nobody works harder at taking care of themselves. Baring injury, I think that he has plenty left. Yes, injury becomes more likely as you age, but it's a mistake to look at a calender and write him off.

Lilja underwent toe and knee surgeries this offseason, making his health a fairly big question mark.

big question for  is if Lilja is even close to football shape? Suerly the Broncos have looked into this,

Lilja will now compete with Manny Ramirez for starting reps at center. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for Lilja to get on the practice field ((( this would take easing him into it and take time at this point I think )))

In 375 pass blocking snaps, Lilja allowed one sack and 13 total pressures for an overall 97.3# pass blocking efficiency. Koppen allowed 1 sack and 7 pressures and Manny Ramirez allowed 6 sacks and 13 total pressures.

1-year contract is $2.2 million. That would include incentives.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/7/31/4576768/broncos-sign-g-c-ryan-lilja

he may just end up being a badly needed backup, Broncos have nil OL depth worth anything

Lilja underwent toe and knee surgeries this offseason, making his health a fairly big question mark.

big question for  is if Lilja is even close to football shape? Suerly the Broncos have looked into this,

Lilja will now compete with Manny Ramirez for starting reps at center. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for Lilja to get on the practice field ((( this would take easing him into it and take time at this point I think )))

In 375 pass blocking snaps, Lilja allowed one sack and 13 total pressures for an overall 97.3# pass blocking efficiency. Koppen allowed 1 sack and 7 pressures and Manny Ramirez allowed 6 sacks and 13 total pressures.

1-year contract is $2.2 million. That would include incentives.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/7/31/4576768/broncos-sign-g-c-ryan-lilja

he may just end up being a badly needed backup, Broncos have nil OL depth worth anything

Bayone I would think that the Broncos have looked into all your concerns  before flipping out 2.2 million dollars for  Lilja.  :)   I'm sure they did their homework on him completely. :thmup:

Broncos actually have a ton of young talent: decker, demaryius thomas, Julius thomas, derek wolfe, von miller, wesley woodyard, chris harris, and clady. Really the only old guys are Peyton and Champ. Broncos have at least a 4 year window imo (with Peyton or with a top 10 qb, although i doubt they'll win anything without peyton).

Bayone I would think that the Broncos have looked into all your concerns  before flipping out 2.2 million dollars for  Lilja.  :)   I'm sure they did their homework on him completely. :thmup:

FIRST OFF I THINK ITS A SMART SIGNING< PLAYING DEVILS ADVOCATE JUST POINTING THINGS OUT IN ORIGINAL COMMENT, I wasnt in a worried state,

Right after Knopen went don they asked Saturday who u could see haad slimmed down on his ESPN show and when got a no asked Lilja, In fact many teams asked Lilja including KC who knows him best,

However no other team was able to offer as I have read a chance to play for Peyton and if all falls well a superbowl

He retired day after season that KC went 2-14 so been awhile

Oh I am sure they checked up on him, he still has to pass physical to get contract,

However I wouldn't be surprised that he doesn't practice for a few days & gets in some conditioning and strengthening first, dont want another injury and sure Knoppen was in better shape too, I feel lack of OTA's set knoppen back as well as Lilja

CONTRACT  also incentive laden, THIS article That reviews entire Denver OL guesses / speculates 

The vet minimum for someone in their 9th year in the NFL would be approximately 840K, about a third of what Lilja could make in 2013. Any incentives however are likely tied to snaps/playing time and possibly even performance which simultaneously gives Lilja some incentive to push for the starting job and provides the Broncos with flexibility. I'm going to speculate that his base salary is more than the minimum, perhaps in the 1.2-1.4 million range with the remainder available through playing time incentives and possibly even performance escalators.

FIRST OFF I THINK ITS A SMART SIGNING< PLAYING DEVILS ADVOCATE JUST POINTING THINGS OUT IN ORIGINAL COMMENT, I wasnt in a worried state,

Right after Knopen went don they asked Saturday who u could see haad slimmed down on his ESPN show and when got a no asked Lilja, In fact many teams asked Lilja including KC who knows him best,

However no other team was able to offer as I have read a chance to play for Peyton and if all falls well a superbowl

He retired day after season that KC went 2-14 so been awhile

Oh I am sure they checked up on him, he still has to pass physical to get contract,

However I wouldn't be surprised that he doesn't practice for a few days & gets in some conditioning and strengthening first, dont want another injury and sure Knoppen was in better shape too, I feel lack of OTA's set knoppen back as well as Lilja

CONTRACT  also incentive laden, THIS article That reviews entire Denver OL guesses / speculates 

The vet minimum for someone in their 9th year in the NFL would be approximately 840K, about a third of what Lilja could make in 2013. Any incentives however are likely tied to snaps/playing time and possibly even performance which simultaneously gives Lilja some incentive to push for the starting job and provides the Broncos with flexibility. I'm going to speculate that his base salary is more than the minimum, perhaps in the 1.2-1.4 million range with the remainder available through playing time incentives and possibly even performance escalators.

If you feel the need to yell and bold ( all caps ) to get my attention please don't reply to my post.  That is rude and everyone is entitled to their opinion on this forum.   I don't normally reply to your post any more because they are getting to long to read.

If you feel the need to yell and bold ( all caps ) to get my attention please don't reply to my post.  That is rude and everyone is entitled to their opinion on this forum.   I don't normally reply to your post any more because they are getting to long to read.

I dont mean to yell, i am trying to emphasize points I feel are important , that is I am trying to merely get u to scan what is highlighted so u dont necessarily have to read it, ( guess are better ways )

I enlarged the line  that this is from an article Re the entire OL encase u or anyone was interested in that article

I apologize to u 

I went threw med school re reading things many times and using many color highlighters , for med boards in the end all i had to read was 1 colored word and it gave me all info on said page or pages

Thats just how i always did things , Again I apologize if that is rude for a forum

actually my only concern is he is light at 285 pounds but did a solid enough job and has beef around him, 

So do the Broncos have more members from our 2006 Super Bowl team than we do yet?

Honestly I think it's tied they have Manning, Lilja, and Stokley (he was on IR) and we have Wayne, Adam, and Bethea. I don't think I am missing anyone.

I was wrong very wrong we still have more how dare I forget Mathis!

I don't think Stokley is on their roster, they have not re-signed him since they signed Wes Welker. I may be wrong but I think only Manning and Lilja from our 2006 SB team.

Heck, at one point, the Titans had more ex-Colts from the 2006 SB run than Denver has ever had :) (Jake Scott, Dave Thornton, Nick Harper to name a few).

I don't think Stokley is on their roster, they have not re-signed him since they signed Wes Welker. I may be wrong but I think only Manning and Lilja from our 2006 SB team.

Heck, at one point, the Titans had more ex-Colts from the 2006 SB run than Denver has ever had :) (Jake Scott, Dave Thornton, Nick Harper to name a few).

u r right no stokely and speedy Taveres King as an WR is doing great gettin throws from brock as is greg orton

still not another slot, if Welker hurt, in season , they will sign stokelu I bet

That's what I get for not reading the last couple of pages. lol

I wonder if Peyton has a mold of Jeff Saturday's backside that they'll use on Lilja? 

see my coments anobe on Lilja notes esp 91, some of 96, and my only real concern is actually my only concern is he is light at 285 pounds but did a solid enough job last year and has beef around him, 

ya, this thing.. typical poster that doesnt have a clue as to how many former colts are even on the team.. smh.. try only 4. denver colts.. whata crock.

Broncolt....whatta name. Can't figure out who to root for huh? :lol:

I know how many former Colts are on the Broncos. I've also called the Colts the Stanford Colts just being silly. 

You probably show up to Lucas Oil Field with a Manning Broncos jersey. SMH. 

Broncolt....whatta name. Can't figure out who to root for huh? :lol:

I know how many former Colts are on the Broncos. I've also called the Colts the Stanford Colts just being silly. 

You probably show up to Lucas Oil Field with a Manning Broncos jersey. SMH. 

So you think because someone cant afford another jersey they cant wear it to LOS? Why dont you go out and buy everyone new jerseys for the new players so they call fall into your imaginary world where money flows like water and everyone can buy a new one each time a player is traded or released/retired. 

HEY, listen up everyone. Do NOT show up to LOS in a Manning, Freeney, Saturday, Sanders, or any other player that has left the team, been traded. You may have your fan hood called out like it even matter.. psh. What a joke. 

So you think because someone cant afford another jersey they cant wear it to LOS? Why dont you go out and buy everyone new jerseys for the new players so they call fall into your imaginary world where money flows like water and everyone can buy a new one each time a player is traded or released/retired. 

HEY, listen up everyone. Do NOT show up to LOS in a Manning, Freeney, Saturday, Sanders, or any other player that has left the team, been traded. You may have your fan hood called out like it even matter.. psh. What a joke. 

tumblr_mcmqnuSfnb1ranhnao1_250.gif

You might want to note that 36-year-old Tom Brady (10,000 yards the last 2 seasons) and 34-year-old Drew Brees ('Mr. 5,000 yards') are hardly in decline and they are basically the same age as Peyton...

thats funny. I dont remember 34 being the same as 37

FRan Tarkenton

That dog wont hunt..

you keep leaving out the FACT that not one qb at 38 has won a super bowl and was a full time starter

it was 2002 and he was 36 at the time

Ah true.

Brett Favre went to the NFCCG at the age of 39. And if he wasnt bountygated, he would have went to the super bowl.

My point is, that just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it cant.

Ah true.

Brett Favre went to the NFCCG at the age of 39. And if he wasnt bountygated, he would have went to the super bowl.

My point is, that just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it cant.

all Im saying is if peyton cant get it done this year then I cant see him ever getting it done in denver

arguments are healthy haha

certain arguments can be in an orderly discourse, but once the points on both sides are clear and neither will change mind its time , to me anyway, just to drop it and let things go as they already stand

certain arguments can be in an orderly discourse, but once the points on both sides are clear and neither will change mind its time , to me anyway, just to drop it and let things go as they already stand

im done with this argument anyway.