Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Von Miller facing 4 game suspension.

Dustin

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the fact that you believe strongly the Colts have a good enough team to contend for the division but what in the world would make you say the Texans will return to 8-8? They were 11-5 last year and improved their secondary this off-seasons which was their biggest need. I really don't see any drop off at all.

The colt's young D will (in my opinion) completely shutdown the texan's running attack and force matt to be more than a game manager, which he certainly is. The guy cave's in faster than florida sinkholes. We will more than likely sweep the entire division this year, if we stay healthy. The titan's really are a much improved team and i fully expect them to give the texan's all they can handle for runner-up within our division.

Yeah, sacrifice speed for power! I'm gonna need it in all these petty debates I get into :)

never seen ones with u like in this thread & not your fault from what i have seen but havent read entire thread in total completion

have a peaceful day , I will likely be back later 

Dude, let's not do this. If you feel like acting like a Cowboy fan, go ahead. But my team is better and is the one that has won the division twice in a row now...that is why we won, because we were the better team...you will not find many people who dispute that...no excuses. And I'm not convinced that your team is ready to win this year either. But you have twisted mine and Mac's points beyond recognition, as a "crazy" guy would. Not surprised. See you when you win another playoff game buddy.

I ain't afraid of no Texans haha.

I am a big proponent of the legalization and taxation of marijuana because the "drug war" is an utter failure and is helping to bleed this country, but for the life of me I do not understand why these players just cannot wait.  They know the NFL has a zero tolerance policy with this stuff so why smoke it while employed by the NFL. Once you retire smoke it all you want as long as you do it safely.

Obviously he got caught once before to get in the program so to do it again just shows he is an *.

I am a big proponent of the legalization and taxation of marijuana because the "drug war" is an utter failure and is helping to bleed this country, but for the life of me I do not understand why these players just cannot wait.  They know the NFL has a zero tolerance policy with this stuff so why smoke it while employed by the NFL. Once you retire smoke it all you want as long as you do it safely.

Obviously he got caught once before to get in the program so to do it again just shows he is an *.

yeah when I see other young people and what they are willing to do to get and keep a job

And then I see this

It just feels childish and irresponsible

not accustomed to consequences perhaps

They signed on and are compensated. They should live up to their end of the bargain like the rest of humanity

Count them up. Indy Colts 7 division titles / Texans 2 division titles.  Total record- Colts 18 wins ? Texans 4 wins.  Now with Luck starting his 2nd year I would be willing to bet that history will continue.  :pass:  :coltshelmet:  :36dancing:

You must be a young or new Colts fan. Obviously you don't remember the days before 1996 very well when your team (along with the Patriots) was one of the NFL's worst almost every year.

Not a lot of teams do well out of the gate with expansion. The Texans have only been around since, what, 2002? Not a lot of history there yet.

The colt's young D will (in my opinion) completely shutdown the texan's running attack and force matt to be more than a game manager, which he certainly is. The guy cave's in faster than florida sinkholes. We will more than likely sweep the entire division this year, if we stay healthy. The titan's really are a much improved team and i fully expect them to give the texan's all they can handle for runner-up within our division.

So if you're wrong, and it's the Colts that go 8-8 (or worse), are you going to man up? I see a lot of "in my opinion" and "more than likely" statements here, but no actual, solid football arguments.

There's really no logical reason to suggest the Texans will regress. If anything, odds and history show that it's more likely that Luck will take a small step back before he resumes his ascent. Not saying that'll happen, but it would be easier to make that argument.

You never know where these teams will eventually finish, of course, but Qwiz is a really good, objective poster. No need for the animosity!

You must be a young or new Colts fan. Obviously you don't remember the days before 1996 very well when your team (along with the Patriots) was one of the NFL's worst almost every year.

Not a lot of teams do well out of the gate with expansion. The Texans have only been around since, what, 2002? Not a lot of history there yet.

So if you're wrong, and it's the Colts that go 8-8 (or worse), are you going to man up? I see a lot of "in my opinion" and "more than likely" statements here, but no actual, solid football arguments.

There's really no logical reason to suggest the Texans will regress. If anything, odds and history show that it's more likely that Luck will take a small step back before he resumes his ascent. Not saying that'll happen, but it would be easier to make that argument.

You never know where these teams will eventually finish, of course, but Qwiz is a really good, objective poster. No need for the animosity!

agree fully as u r

This forum wouldn't exist without people giving their opinions.

The sophmore slump is a myth

No he isn't

I must be a new Colt fan??  Really. I was a Baltimore Colt fan back in 1973 when they drafted Bert Jones and had the Sack Pack. If your buddies with Qwiz thats your business, none of mine. 

I must be a new Colt fan??  Really. I was a Baltimore Colt fan back in 1973 when they drafted Bert Jones and had the Sack Pack. If your buddies with Qwiz thats your business, none of mine. 

how many teams have u rooted for, been a Colt fan since i was 4 & first pack of cards had Unitas Rookie, I never change team allegience in any sport   even though I have lived in a few cities & Baltimore wasnt one of them

U have  right to change of course I just never personally have or ever can see doing it , maybe as I was brought up by an older brother, his favorite players were my favorite and I just stuck with same teams ever since and only 1 , Brooklyn Dodgers , were in City / Borough of Brooklyn I lived in back then, 4 years 8 months old and them bums moving is still traumatic , but I still love them even with all their issues

how many teams have u rooted for, been a Colt fan since i was 4 & first pack of cards had Unitas Rookie, I never change team allegience in any sport   even though I have lived in a few cities & Baltimore wasnt one of them

U have  right to change of course I just never personally have or ever can see doing it , maybe as I was brought up by an older brother, his favorite players were my favorite and I just stuck with same teams ever since and only 1 , Brooklyn Dodgers , were in City / Borough of Brooklyn I lived in back then, 4 years 8 months old and them bums moving is still traumatic , but I still love them even with all their issues

I started being a Colts fan because of John Elway. He was the first to really blackmail a team into what he wanted and bucked the draft system. In my opinion the draft is set up to make the teams equal over a period of time. Even through the rough time I have always been a Colt fan. I was absolutely blown away when the Colts moved to Indy. I worked in the same block that the RCA dome was built and seen it go up daily. At the time I had no clue the Colts would be moving into that building till after it was done. Indy built that stadium with no team in hand. I heard all of the jokes and disrespect that comes from being a Colt fan but never stopped being a Colt fan. The change with the Colts that has made them a team that a lot of fans have jumped on is Jim inheriting the team from Robert. Jim takes a lot of heat but he is one of the better owners in the NFL. This last couple of years have proven that Jim is dedicated to the team. People were ready to run him out of the city and string him up in a tree are something of that nature. I am glad Jim had the foresight to make the moves and stick to them instead of caving in to the larger part of the fans base. There are few owners that have the set to do that. Good luck to you and hopefully we can have something really special to root for this upcoming season.

No he isn't

That's exactly right! Yes, we all have our own opinion's and we sometimes get quite passionate about team's (heck, this is a colt's forum afterall) and certain players. I honestly believe the texan's will go 8-8 or 9-7 tops. I'm not trying to be a homer.

That's exactly right! Yes, we all have our own opinion's and we sometimes get quite passionate about team's (heck, this is a colt's forum afterall) and certain players. I honestly believe the texan's will go 8-8 or 9-7 tops. I'm not trying to be a homer.

The Texans are at least 10 win team.....although I haven't looked at their schedule

I started being a Colts fan because of John Elway. He was the first to really blackmail a team into what he wanted and bucked the draft system. In my opinion the draft is set up to make the teams equal over a period of time.  

i was taking a relaxing  bath when heard the news of what he pulled, sunk beneath the water and in doing so quickly over flood the tub sides and water all over the place

Broncos' Von Miller to play with first team while suspension appealed

Basically Fox will practice as if there is no suspension going to happen and not try alternate scenarios if Miller isn't available for seasons start

Fox said that he has not discussed what the team would do if Miller were unavailable for the first four games 

( thats what u call not preparing for a possible scenario )

Read more: Broncos' Von Miller to play with first team while suspension appealed - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23723028/broncos-von-miller-play-first-team-while-suspension#ixzz2a34laA00 

Maybe thats his public statement to support a player  and not his actual intent  ??  

The Broncos have a gaping hole you could drive a truck through now. Geesh! 

Man, this Molly stuff (basically ecstacy) is getting pretty prevalent everywhere including Indiana. I've heard from multiple kids in high school they've seen it and/or taken it. 

Those of you with kids need to look out, and have that talk. My daughter is only 4 years old, but I'll be making sure she knows. 

This Colts /Texans banter sounds like Steelers/Ravens. Rivalries are fun, and when you think about it, every fan base needs a division team to hate. On the other deal , Elway is not a good GM. He is doing the big free agent shortcut that Jerry jones and Dan Snyder do almost every year , and we know where that generally lands a team !

The Broncos have a gaping hole you could drive a truck through now. Geesh! 

Von Miller doesn't believe he let down Denver Broncos

"I don't think I let my teammates down," Miller said. "Everybody has tough moments."

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported that Miller's appeal is expected to be heard in mid-August, according to a person informed of the timetable, although an exact date hasn't been set. However, the mid-August timetable means a decision before the season begins

When one reporter asked, "Is marijuana a part of your life?" Miller shot back: "Absolutely not."

((  THOUGHT-- IF it turns out he does use marijuana, that's an an absolute lie then and will hurt Bronco fan base trust even further )))

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000220316/article/von-miller-doesnt-believe-he-let-down-denver-broncos

PS  that relaxing bath was being done  getting mind & body set to do  a complicated surgery

On way in even drove off exit ramp curb ( only time had problem getting to hospital even when pitch black & this wasnt I don't believe  ) , car out of order, left it, called 1 of my  residents to pick me up , still got to surgery on time and all went well

WHEW , saving Grace , I just put on Grateful Dead Music  in surgical suite and did the surgery, Grateful dead always gets me relaxed

I started being a Colts fan because of John Elway. He was the first to really blackmail a team into what he wanted and bucked the draft system. In my opinion the draft is set up to make the teams equal over a period of time.  

i was taking a relaxing  bath when heard the news of what he pulled, sunk beneath the water and in doing so quickly over flood the tub sides and water all over the place

Sorry mark. Mathis is staying on the Colts. He seems to be doing just fine with us. I think the Colts plan on competing for the playoffs and beyond too.

Denver can look elsewhere for pass rush help.

I'm just sorry we dont still play a 4-3 so we can use Robert to his fullest..

2 years into the mission..we (Indy) still dont have the personell for a 3-4....

..but I was kidding.....if I understand the cap at all...Denver couldnt take Mathis if they had the chance

The Texans are at least 10 win team.....although I haven't looked at their schedule

Agreed....that's the bar. There's no way Texas goes 8-8

For the Colts the make the playoffs in 2013...they need AT LEAST 10 wins..

If ALL of the AFC East (other than NE) and AFC West  (other than Denver) crater..

and baltimore feels all of the personell losses they've had..Indy has a remote chance of being the 6th playoff sed with a 9-7 record..

but I think they're going to need 10-6...agreed?

2 years into the mission..we (Indy) still dont have the personell for a 3-4....

What pieces are we missing? We have the D-line (RJF, Redding, Chapman, Hughes) the linebackers (Freeman, Conner, and Sheppard), and the outside linebackers (Mathis and Werner).

Qwiz seems like a pretty good guy to me, but that wasn't the point. If you're a longtime Colts fan then you should remember darker days! Ripping on the Texans for their brief-but-improving franchise history seems to ignore that. All franchises have their ups and downs.

I remember when the Patriots and Colts were both bottom-dwellers in the AFC East... one year, one of the match-ups was mockingly referred to as "The Toilet Bowl," lol...

The NFL or any level of football can never allow players to play on recreational drugs

They would be liable....juts ike they'd be liable if they allow drunk players to play

Weed will never be legal for high school children or pro athletes.....

.everybody would be sued....and rightfully so

No he isn't

Could not agree more, but expressing opinions has to be a two-way street for any worthwhile discussion, doesn't it? If we don't approach subjective matters with an open mind then it's not a discussion.

I don't know about the myth of a "sophomore slump," but let me clarify that I do not expect Luck to regress at all. I just said it could happen.

And I obviously am not going to agree with you about Qwiz, but that's irrelevant.

What pieces are we missing? We have the D-line (RJF, Redding, Chapman, Hughes) the linebackers (Freeman, Conner, and Sheppard), and the outside linebackers (Mathis and Werner).

Mathis isnt a linebacker and Werner is a rookie .....we dont have a high quality experienced nose man (the key to the 3-4) and our ends are very average........as are our OLBs..

..other than that..we're awesome :)

Von Miller needs to admit he smoked weed...(he also alledgedly tested poistive in 2011) .say he's sorry....accept the suspension and move on.....

.....people basically like him ...they'll still like him if he 'used to' smoke weed..

.......................but nobody likes a liar...

Mathis isnt a linebacker and Werner is a rookie 

Mathis will do fine in the rush LB role. It fits him more than the role he played last year.

we dont have a high quality experienced nose man (the key to the 3-4) 

Aubrayo Franklin was the best run-stuffing NT in the league. 

and our ends are very average........as are our OLBs..

There's a difference between not having the player to run a system and not having very talented players. As it stands every starter (excluding Werner) has played in a 34 defense at some point in their career.

Von Miller needs to admit he smoked weed...(he also alledgedly tested poistive in 2011) .say he's sorry....accept the suspension and move on.....

.....people basically like him ...they'll still like him if he 'used to' smoke weed..

.......................but nobody likes a liar...

absolutely take responsibility & don't lie or u will sooner or later lose support like this

Manning said he supports Miller, who is appealing his suspension.

"Can't always be rosy, can't always be perfect, but we've got Von Miller's back," Manning said. "That's when you find out a lot about people. You find out who the rats are, who's going to jump ship."

Broncos coach John Fox stayed true to his word and practiced Miller with the first team on defense.

"I think Champ (Bailey) said it best yesterday when he said, 'Hey, we're behind him 100 percent,'" Woznick said. "What happens happens. The team is behind him."

Mandy Hacker of Aurora, ( TO ME AS ISN'T A TEAMMATE IS MORE REALISTIC ) who attended the camp with her family, still wore Miller's jersey, although she was disappointed in the news.

"It was disappointing because he's a role model for kids," Hacker said. " Learn and move on from it, not do it again, ever, or I will get a new jersey."

Read more: Broncos' Peyton Manning supports Von Miller despite pending suspension - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23729766/broncos-fans-embrace-von-miller-at-first-practice#ixzz2a5EdxQ00