Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Bold Season Predictions

xMarvin88x

Long time reader, former poster (never made a new login once they switched the forum). Anyyhow, I write for a website called first stop fantasy I would like you guys to give me some reads and maybe have some open debates on here because the website isnt that live with interaction. 

here are the links: 

(weeks 1-8)

http://firststopfantasy.com/nfl-teams/indianapolis-colts/indianapolis-colts-game-by-game-predictions-weeks-1-8/

(weeks 9-17)

http://firststopfantasy.com/nfl-teams/indianapolis-colts/indianapolis-colts-game-by-game-predictions-weeks-9-17/

Thanks for checking it out for those that do.

So we're going to be giving up 24 PPG? I think that's a little high.

Our defense might not be as good as everybody thinks. It's never been really good. That's just not how we do it in Indy haha. It'll definitely be better but not amazing. That being said, I agree 24 PPG is way too high. We'll be giving up 20 PPG at the most. 

Call me optimistic, but I definitely don't see us losing all four games against the 49ers, Seahawks, Broncos, and Bengals.  Honestly, I think we might win two or three of them.  Even if we did lose them all, I they wouldn't all be blowouts.

I feel like this is how many analysts see the Colts this year.  Losing most, if not all of the big games and winning all of the "cupcake" games (Jags, Raiders, Cardinals, Chiefs, etc).  I think we win a few of the big games and lose a couple we "should" win and go 11-5 again. However, I think the Texans end up with the same record but we'll own the tie-breaker and reclaim the division title.  Can the season just start already!??

Call me optimistic, but I definitely don't see us losing all four games against the 49ers, Seahawks, Broncos, and Bengals.  Honestly, I think we might win two or three of them.  Even if we did lose them all, I they wouldn't all be blowouts.

I feel like this is how many analysts see the Colts this year.  Losing most, if not all of the big games and winning all of the "cupcake" games (Jags, Raiders, Cardinals, Chiefs, etc).  I think we win a few of the big games and lose a couple we "should" win and go 11-5 again. However, I think the Texans end up with the same record but we'll own the tie-breaker and reclaim the division title.  Can the season just start already!??

According to most of the so called experts the Chiefs will not be a cupcake game. You can also not count the Cardinals as a cupcake game as they did not have a loss to the 49ers last season. Every season there are a few teams who play a lot better than the so called experts anticipate just as well some who don't. One play and or one injury can change all the so called experts predictions. Last season the Colts had one play that kept them from winning the division.( the long TD pass to the Jags at the end of the game). That one play did hand the Texans the division because of the record of common opponents for both. Colts were 3-1 against the NFC north while the Texans were 2-2. and tied with the Colts heads up. Both the loses and wins between the Texans and Colts were 12 points differences. 

According to most of the so called experts the Chiefs will not be a cupcake game. You can also not count the Cardinals as a cupcake game as they did not have a loss to the 49ers last season. Every season there are a few teams who play a lot better than the so called experts anticipate just as well some who don't. One play and or one injury can change all the so called experts predictions. Last season the Colts had one play that kept them from winning the division.( the long TD pass to the Jags at the end of the game). That one play did hand the Texans the division because of the record of common opponents for both. Colts were 3-1 against the NFC north while the Texans were 2-2. and tied with the Colts heads up. Both the loses and wins between the Texans and Colts were 12 points differences. 

I don't expect the Chiefs to be as bad as they were this year, but i still see them around a 6-7 win team.  Also, I'm pretty sure you have the Cardinals mixed up with the Rams, because the Cardinals were mauled by the 49ers twice.  Not sure why people are so hung up on Alex Smith and Carson Palmer coming in and turning those teams around.  Both teams have plenty of good players, but I still don't think either one gets over the hump.  With Arians running the offense in Arizona, I don't even see Palmer making it through the whole season playing behind that terrible oline.

That first Jaguars game stuck with me the entire year.  It's really crazy to think of how that one play changed so much.  It would have been Luck's 8th game winning drive, which would've tied the all-time record for a season.  It would've given us the division title and a match-up with either the Texans or the Bengals in the playoffs instead of the Ravens.  Who knows, I would've liked our chances against either one of those teams at home instead of having to travel to Baltimore.  Then say we win that game and it alters our draft position.  If we picked 27th instead of 24th would Werner have still fallen to us?  Would we still pick him? How would the 3 spot difference affected the rest of the draft?  Ahhhh so many "what if's" but anyway GO COLTSSSS :banana:

I don't expect the Chiefs to be as bad as they were this year, but i still see them around a 6-7 win team.  Also, I'm pretty sure you have the Cardinals mixed up with the Rams, because the Cardinals were mauled by the 49ers twice.  Not sure why people are so hung up on Alex Smith and Carson Palmer coming in and turning those teams around.  Both teams have plenty of good players, but I still don't think either one gets over the hump.  With Arians running the offense in Arizona, I don't even see Palmer making it through the whole season playing behind that terrible oline.

That first Jaguars game stuck with me the entire year.  It's really crazy to think of how that one play changed so much.  It would have been Luck's 8th game winning drive, which would've tied the all-time record for a season.  It would've given us the division title and a match-up with either the Texans or the Bengals in the playoffs instead of the Ravens.  Who knows, I would've liked our chances against either one of those teams at home instead of having to travel to Baltimore.  Then say we win that game and it alters our draft position.  If we picked 27th instead of 24th would Werner have still fallen to us?  Would we still pick him? How would the 3 spot difference affected the rest of the draft?  Ahhhh so many "what if's" but anyway GO COLTSSSS :banana:

You are correct with my confusion between the Rams and the Cardinals. I had a brain fart? lol

I think it's a good analysis, but I think we fall a couple times in the division and end up with a 9-7 record (loss to the chargers as well).

What's with people thinking the Colts will lose to the Chargers? I realize it can easily happen, but I think the Chargers are going to stink.

What's with people thinking the Colts will lose to the Chargers? I realize it can easily happen, but I think the Chargers are going to stink.

Well I think Rivers is going to be better. Most people would say that Rivers was absolutely horrible last year, right? He still threw 26 tds, which is good. If it's close, I can easily see Rivers choking it away and Luck doing a game-winning drive.

I think overall we are going to regress in the win-loss record but guys like Luck will do better individually/statistically this year.

in all fairness to these " experts " even last season we barely beat a bad KC team. at the same time we were not even suppose to win more then 3 games. so i just let the games do the talking and let the so called experts eat their words. 

First: I have to agree with some of the posters on here, you have our defense giving up 24 ppg, that is what our defense gave up last year and we have improved our defense this year. 

second:  I really can not see us losing the big three games (Denver, San Fran, and Seattle) we will shock the NFL world with a win against one (prefer denver game) and pull out a big win against one of San Fran or Seattle. which i believe will be against Seattle. if the game was played in Seattle and Denver then i would say its a no brainer they could lose those three but two of the three are at home, and luck seemed to be very comfortable at home last year with the colts posting a 7-1 home record which should have been 8-0 if it were not a blown defensive play at the end of the game against Jax. we were tied with the best home record with 6 other teams all of which who were playoff teams and one who played in the superbowl. Seattle was 3-5 on the road and Wilson looks to struggle on the road posting a 83.1 rating opposed to his 123.6 rating he had at home. that is a big drop off. with seattle you contain their run game in indy, and force wilson to throw then we win this game. 

plus i think a lot of people are looking to much into the " read option " that the niners,skins and hawks run. i think defenses will have a handle on it this year.