Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most overrated/underrated players in the league?

Dustin

Overrated:

Arian Foster

Ndamakung Suh

Aldon Smith

Joe Flacco

Earl Thomas

London Fletcher

Clay Matthews

Patrick Peterson

Underrated:

Eric Weddle

Geno Atkins

Gerald McCoy

Muhammed Wilkerson

Charles Tillman

CJ Spiller

Who you guys got?

Most Overrated:

By the media atleast, Joe Flacco

Aldon Smith

RGI III

Von Miller

Most Underrated:

Vince Wilfork

Jamaal Charles

Jason Pierre Paul

Ray Rice

No way Von Miller is overrated. He's probably the 3rd or 4th best defensive player in the league.

No way Von Miller is overrated. He's probably the 3rd or 4th best defensive player in the league.

Im not the one to bring up stats so much. But, for the Broncos to hardly get ANY pressure against a decent at best offensive line of the Ravens, and for the supposed 3rd or 4th best defensive player to only have half a sack, fingers can be pointed towards his direction.

Hes really good, but hes very overrated because hes not the player he is touted to be, not yet.

Are you guys listing Aldon Smith as overrated because of how he declined the last 2 months of the season?  He played the last 9 games of the season with a torn labrum, his decline wasn't just due to Justin Smith being injured. He was on the Niners injury report Week 12 and only got 4.5 sacks with the bad arm the rest of the way.  That was after 15 sacks in 11 games pre-injury. Tough to say a guy is overrated just because he didn't play well with 1 arm.

Im not the one to bring up stats so much. But, for the Broncos to hardly get ANY pressure against a decent at best offensive line of the Ravens, and for the supposed 3rd or 4th best defensive player to only have half a sack, fingers can be pointed towards his direction.

Hes really good, but hes very overrated because hes not the player he is touted to be, not yet.

Well, he's definitely the best pass rushing linebacker in the league and probably the best run stuffer as well. Great in coverage too.

The game against Baltimore in the playoffs was actually one of his best games from a pass rushing standpoint. He had a sack, a hit, and 5 pressures.

Are you guys listing Aldon Smith as overrated because of how he declined the last 2 months of the season? He played the last 9 games of the season with a torn labrum, his decline wasn't just due to Justin Smith being injured. He was on the Niners injury report Week 12 and only got 4.5 sacks with the bad arm the rest of the way. That was after 15 sacks in 11 games pre-injury. Tough to say a guy is overrated just because he didn't play well with 1 arm.

I'm saying he's overrated because he doesn't get pressure on the QB consistently and most of his sacks come from when he either is unblocked or the QB holds onto the ball for too long. Plus he's bad against the run.

Did anyone get much pressure on Flacco in the playoffs? Once the Ravens made some adjustments that offensive line played quite well.

Most Overrated:

Aldon Smith

RGI III

Von Miller

Most Underrated: 

Vince Wilfork

Jamaal Charles

Jason Pierre Paul

Ray Rice

The only underrated one is Jamal Charles......which happens when you play for a scrub team. The rest seem to get plenty of respect.

Did anyone get much pressure on Flacco in the playoffs? Once the Ravens made some adjustments that offensive line played quite well.

It was the Caldwell stare......that scared off opposing LBs and fellow pass rushers......I know it scared me seeing him on the sideline :)

TheManyFacesAndEmotionsOfJimCaldwell.jpg

Wes...really?What are your thoughts on julian edelman this year?I think he will have a big year.

Yeah, don't see him having the same impact in Denver as the Pats. Manning for sure will target him but nowhere near 100 catches and he only ever averaged 5 TDs a season. I also think he has lost a lot of speed which was evident last year and had a ton of drops which started to creep into his game the last two seasons.

I like Endelman a lot. He just can't seem to stay healthy. But when he is on the field he can do it all - run , catch, special teams. He even played a little DB two seasons ago. He has big play potential too which is vital for the Pats this year given how many guys they have lost.

Yeah, don't see him having the same impact in Denver as the Pats. Manning for sure will target him but nowhere near 100 catches and he only ever averaged 5 TDs a season. I also think he has lost a lot of speed which was evident last year and had a ton of drops which started to creep into his game the last two seasons.

I like Endelman a lot. He just can't seem to stay healthy. But when he is on the field he can do it all - run , catch, special teams. He even played a little DB two seasons ago. He has big play potential too which is vital for the Pats this year given how many guys they have lost.

Welker had the same drop rate as Calvin Johnson and was one of the best YAC receivers in the league.

There's no doubt he's a top 5 slot receiver.

Underrated: as of today has to Cameron Wake, he dominates and gets no love.

Charles Johnson from the Panthers

Derrick Johnson from Chiefs

Stevie Johnson from Bills

Sean Lee from Cowboys

TJ Ward

Marcus Colston

Kyle Rudolph

Steve Smith(Panthers)

Poslunsky(Jags LB)

Brian Orakpo

Overrated: Joe Flacco

Paul Kruger

Andre Smith

Samson Satele

Umenyura

Tony Romo

Most Overrated:

Aldon Smith

RGI III

Von Miller

Most Underrated:

Vince Wilfork

Jamaal Charles

Jason Pierre Paul

Ray Rice

Von Miller is the best Pass rusher OLB/DE in the game, 2nd if we include JJ Watt as a pass rusher. But as for 3-4 OLB/ 4-3 ends he is the best pass rusher now 2nd at the least

Just fyi, Miller is a 4-3 OLB and almost never plays DE.

I know, I was categoring the typical pass rush positions together he is #1 or #2 as a pass rusher overall, yea and I know he moved to a 4-3 OLB this past year, his rookie year he was a 3-4 OLB

Overrated:

Arian Foster

Ndamakung Suh

Aldon Smith

Joe Flacco

Earl Thomas

London Fletcher

Clay Matthews

Patrick Peterson

Underrated:

Eric Weddle

Geno Atkins

Gerald McCoy

Muhammed Wilkerson

Charles Tillman

CJ Spiller

Who you guys got?

I would have Patrick Peterson on the underrated side, he definitely isn't overrated, dude is a beast.

He had 52 tackles, 17 pass defensed, 7 Ints this past year, and had 59 tackles 13 pass defensed and 2 ints as a rookie. Not to mention his punt return greatness

I would have Patrick Peterson on the underrated side, he definitely isn't overrated, dude is a beast.

He had 52 tackles, 17 pass defensed, 7 Ints this past year, and had 59 tackles 13 pass defensed and 2 ints as a rookie. Not to mention his punt return greatness

He allows to many completed passes into his coverage and gives up too many yards and TDs.

Welker had the same drop rate as Calvin Johnson and was one of the best YAC receivers in the league.

There's no doubt he's a top 5 slot receiver.

He led the league in drops and many of his drops were TDs last season. I don't remember ever seeing that in previous season. Also there were a few times when he got the ball in space and just simply did not have the wheels to get it in the end zone. In the Ravens game he was wide open on a catch with the defense behind in and he got caught from behind. That would not have happened in 2007, 2008, etc.

He is nowhere near Johnson's caliber of impact because Johnson scores TDs. Welker doesn't. He is a chain mover which is important but I think he got overrated this past season. I think for sure he will be good in Denver just nowhere what he was in New England because he is declining and Manning will not focus on him as much as Brady did because they actually have studs on the outside.

Every time I see/hear this question. My first reaction is ALWAYS Roddy White.

Over the last 5 years he has been dominate, yet unheralded. His consistency is pretty ridiculous.

Over the last 5 years hes had 480rec/6571yds/43tds...Putting him about 96/1314/8.6 a season....

Here are some of the best WR in the game over that same 5year stretch:

Roddy White:480/6571/43

Reggie Wayne: 474/6080/31

Andre Johnson: 447/6450/31 ***

Calvin Johnson: 440/7080/50

Wes Welker: 560/6284/29

**Andre was injured one year (he's always injured)

So over the last 5 years Roddy White has more receptions than Wayne,Andre,Calvin. More yards than Wayne,Andre, Welker. And more TDs than Wayne, Andre, Welker....

Pretty special stuff for a guy who I feel gets no credit.